Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Is he taking the streamers with him?
    I heard ECU's new helmets would have streamers on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Just waters down the FCS even more. Too bad he couldn't stay, build them into something great, and give NDSU fans a hopeful "game" every year in the championship.

Really strong FCS program just got worse?
    Boring.
    To be determined.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    To be determined.
    Also really strong team =/= really strong program. At this point they are about like Montana, 2000.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Just waters down the FCS even more. Too bad he couldn't stay, build them into something great, and give NDSU fans a hopeful "game" every year in the championship.

Really strong FCS program just got worse? Boring.
    Not sure he's ever "built" anything. He has mostly won with other peoples recruits and transfers. Take a look at the programs he's left record wise and it's not good. Not sure his style is sustainable long term. Fire and brimstone pregame speeches only work so long.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure he's ever "built" anything. He has mostly won with other peoples recruits and transfers. Take a look at the programs he's left record wise and it's not good. Not sure his style is sustainable long term. Fire and brimstone pregame speeches only work so long.
    This seems to be the quickest way to get a decent FBS job (not considering ECU or Charlotte a decent anything) by getting a coaching gig at some good school that is already loaded with talent and win for two years and then take off for the next two year stint.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Also really strong team =/= really strong program. At this point they are about like Montana, 2000.
    I can't find my ouija board I'll have to see what TAB's Magic 8 Ball says.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was Gameday at JMU the year before Houston got there? When they had Vad Lee?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reports that Charlotte is going to interview Will Healy (Austin-Peay's coach) and Eddie Gran (Kentucky Assistant) for their head job. Side note: A lot of JMU fans were hoping they would interview Healy if Houston leaves.

Houston had to use this offer as leverage for the East Carolina job, or Appalachian St. job (if Scott Satterfield takes the Louisville job).

Either way theirs a lot of turmoil and rumors surrounding is name, hard for for me to believe he will be JMUs coach much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Was Gameday at JMU the year before Houston got there? When they had Vad Lee?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that was in 2015. And they were also there again last year.

I remember shaking my head watching that first time they were there in 2015 and their old coach Everett Whithers brought their entire team down to the set during his live interview and then made a big show out of revealing the new helmets they'd be wearing for the game that day (with kickoff literally just a few hours away). The players acted like a bunch of pre-teen girls at a Justin Bieber concert when they saw the helmet and all there was to it was a white helmet with a purple strip and purple "M" on the side. I just thought myself I'm glad Bohl or Klieman didn't try a stunt like that when Gameday was in Fargo.

Oddly enough they lost at home that day they hosted Gameday in 2015 to their arch-rival Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yes, that was in 2015. And they were also there again last year.

I remember shaking my head watching that first time they were there in 2015 and their old coach Everett Whithers brought their entire team down to the set during his live interview and then made a big show out of revealing the new helmets they'd be wearing for the game that day (with kickoff literally just a few hours away). The players acted like a bunch of pre-teen girls at a Justin Bieber concert when they saw the helmet and all there was to it was a white helmet with a purple strip and purple "M" on the side. I just thought myself I'm glad Bohl or Klieman didn't try a stunt like that when Gameday was in Fargo.

Oddly enough they lost at home that day they hosted Gameday in 2015 to their arch-rival Richmond.
    They're really into their uniform choices. Makes us seem boring.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯