Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Looks like Duke's are losing their DC (Trott) who was the assistant most were hoping would stay after the coaching shake up. Apparently his wife spilled the beans on Facebook.

I also love the title of this thread is Houston going to Charlotte. Don't ever change it please.

Here is where you're going to see which is a good team vs. a good program.

I would contend that JMU has been a good team, but not an elite program.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Here is where you're going to see which is a good team vs. a good program.

I would contend that JMU has been a good team, but not an elite program.
    Difficult for a program that relies so heavily on transfers at key positions to maintain success year to year much less though a shake up of the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Honest question.
    He doesn’t seem to stay very long. How would one know if he’s good or not when he is using someone else’s recruits.
    Is this like everything else where we just use stats and don’t look deeper?
    If I were a program looking for a long term coach, Mike Houston is not on the list.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If I were a program looking for a long term coach, Mike Houston is not on the list.
    If Houston has done well enough to move on to a P5 gig after 3 years at ECU I'm pretty sure they'll be pretty happy with the state of the program considering how poorly they've done the last few years with Scottie Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Strong believer that people need to be done the day they resign.

--thanks for the two weeks notice. I'll walk you out. You get your last paycheck in the mail and a box of your stuff will be by the loading dock tomorrow at 3 pm.
    Not looking to start a fight, as I think your position is completely justifiable. However I find it is interesting that if I resign and don't provide any notice, its considered bad form. However if I decide to leave and the company says, "hey thanks but no thanks", and I get walked out the door, no one (including me) thinks anything about it. Its fascinating how we have developed such different standards for employers and employees.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Not looking to start a fight, as I think your position is completely justifiable. However I find it is interesting that if I resign and don't provide any notice, its considered bad form. However if I decide to leave and the company says, "hey thanks but no thanks", and I get walked out the door, no one (including me) thinks anything about it. Its fascinating how we have developed such different standards for employers and employees.
    The companies that I am familiar with who walk you out, will pay you the 2 weeks. Not saying that happens everywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    The companies that I am familiar with who walk you out, will pay you the 2 weeks. Not saying that happens everywhere though.
    Right - should be paid for the remainder of the notice period. Whether one is walked out on the spot or not should depend on responsibility and access. Risk and risk perception must be controlled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who cares if half on JMU recruits leave after this, they rely on transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think giving a notice and being walked out is all determined by the position you hold and the company you work for. In the healthcare industry giving notice is looked on very favorably and appreciated. Especially the nurses , technologists and the support staff.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."