Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    IMO the only way to handle this situation is to remain transparent. The administration and the players need to be the first to know.

If it were me in this hypothetical situation I would tell the school that was fixin to hire me that I’ll sign the contract after I speak with my administration and my team. If this shit gets out before that, then you can tear that damn contract up.

I know that could lead to a pretty nasty situation...but you’re going to get a glimpse of the commitment you’re going to get from the new administration. If they want you bad enough they’ll figure a way to keep it quiet.

You could also compare it with kids leaving for the NFL early. I know at our level that’s highly unlikely but I think all those kids in that locker room know that if they are a junior and good enough to get drafted on day two that they’re going to take care of themselves. It’s not that you aren’t committed to your school...but you’re talking one year vs the rest of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds good enough in theory but the bigger commitment that school is making to you is in $$$$ not words or secrets. I'm sure Bohl was a little peeved that the news of him leaving got out the way it did. But peeved enough to tell the school making a 7 figure annual commitment to him to piss off? Nope... and I bet the vast majority of us would have done it the same way if we were in his shoes.

"Grrrrr.... you pissed me off but I'm still going to take your money"

Doesn’t the hiring school call the AD and ask to talk to the coach? Or is that someone else.
    Didn’t Saul tell his players first? If I recall, there wasn’t a lot of animosity or hard feelings when he left.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

You're right but to be fair(see what I did there) he did pretty much start anything of value and tradition when it comes to being a Bison fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I thought it was “Let’s Go Bison”
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    An easy way to fix this coaching carousel frenzy is to make the early signing period actually early.... as in August before high school football starts. Most schools have a bunch of verbals by then anyway and it would make this time of year less hectic and rushed when it comes to coaching changes if schools have a good chunk of their classes already signed.
    That's a good idea although it's not fair to the kids who sign with a group of coaches the are comfortable with and have developed a relationship with.

Change the signing day to sometime in the early spring. No early signing period. Allows all the games to be played and any coaching changes to occur with plenty of time to make adjustments for new coaches. Kids would likely be RS if any coaching changes happen the following fall/winter. They can decide at that time to either stay with the new coach or transfer. If you want an early signing period, make it two weeks after all games are played, including championship games. That gives those coaches time to go through their meetings typically the week after the championship game and still keep kids locked in the week after that.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure he's ever "built" anything. He has mostly won with other peoples recruits and transfers. Take a look at the programs he's left record wise and it's not good.
    This. I think Bob Trott is the real valuable asset. Houston has yet to prove himself to me. Houston won the national championship with Withers recruits. If anything, the offense has declined (quite significantly) since his arrival. The defense though...has been stellar. Last years defense may have been one of the top defenses to ever play FCS football. And he still couldn't win a national championship because he couldn't put points on the board consistently.

I will be more upset if Bob Trott leaves than Houston.

ECU currently getting pummeled by NC State 51-0

Jmu looking like they may lose

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Jmu looking like they may lose
    And surprise. Because of no offense. 5 turnovers and still a close game? NDSU should easily control whoever wins.

And so the mystery of coach dynasty at jmu shall end