Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Charlotte has withdrawn their contract offer.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...55913055719424
    I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that his statement after practice the other night that "I've been offered a job and that is all" was a complete line of bullshit!! Colleges don't offer jobs without contract negotiations. This is all going to end badly for JMU no matter how this works out. He set JMU and himself back years in recruiting no matter where he ends up.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that his statement after practice the other night that "I've been offered a job and that is all" was a complete line of bullshit!! Colleges don't offer jobs without contract negotiations. This is all going to end badly for JMU no matter how this works out. He set JMU and himself back years in recruiting no matter where he ends up.
    Dude,

Houston said he is honest and up front in his dealings. It is Charlotte who should be ashamed of themselves. They should send Coach a $750k check as reparation.

I'm not shocked at all. He has a great job and like Klieman, will get a lifetime contract. He is holding out for a better situation. Charlotte may pay more short term but the odds of getting fired go way way up. Hes making a half million right now. Hold out for triple or quadruple so if you get fired, you can retire

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm not shocked at all. He has a great job and like Klieman, will get a lifetime contract. He is holding out for a better situation. Charlotte may pay more short term but the odds of getting fired go way way up. Hes making a half million right now. Hold out for triple or quadruple so if you get fired, you can retire
    at this point, he has to take whatever is in front of him now, be it ECU or App. No way he could go back to JMU and do any sort of meaningful recruiting.

I think it just became a buyers market.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    at this point, he has to take whatever is in front of him now, be it ECU or App. No way he could go back to JMU and do any sort of meaningful recruiting.

I think it just became a buyers market.
    Houston might have just “built” his own coffin. Can not stay at JMU anymore and save face and other schools might punt on him. Dead Man Coaching
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Houston might have just “built” his own coffin. Can not stay at JMU anymore and save face and other schools might punt on him. Dead Man Coaching
    Would you trust him to negotiate honestly?
    I sure wouldn’t. Jmu needs to remember he doesn’t care about his contract (although they would get buyout).
    He said the team is focused. Sure, will he, won’t he makes it easy.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If the time comes this would make a great sign.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Does anyone know for sure if this whole thing was released, or was it leaked?
    If it was leaked, then I see no problem with how things are going down. Info is getting out before it was suppose to in that case. And negotiations for contracts and which school he goes to had not yet been finalized.
    If this was released but made to look like a leak, then it is a whole different ball game. Trying to play schools against each other, and now one has backed out completely. Thus leaving him potentially with less bargaining power. And, making JMU look like chumps. Even if things did fall through, and he stayed with JMU, he will lose all credibility with his returning players.
    The whole thing seems like a mess, but I hold final judgement until further or more accurate facts come to light.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow! Just Wow! It appears greed trumps morals, loyalty, character, ethics and common sense. Who knew?

You have a safe and secure 10 year contact to build the team of a life time and for a few dollars more you screw everything up.

East Coast character mind set on display here.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if this whole thing was released, or was it leaked?
    If it was leaked, then I see no problem with how things are going down. Info is getting out before it was suppose to in that case. And negotiations for contracts and which school he goes to had not yet been finalized.
    If this was released but made to look like a leak, then it is a whole different ball game. Trying to play schools against each other, and now one has backed out completely. Thus leaving him potentially with less bargaining power. And, making JMU look like chumps. Even if things did fall through, and he stayed with JMU, he will lose all credibility with his returning players.
    The whole thing seems like a mess, but I hold final judgement until further or more accurate facts come to light.
    Exactly, it's gonna be one of those things where everything seems fine until adversity hits. Then we will see how his kids respond to his message knowing what they know.