Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    what? UCF? Boise? Cincy?

Their stadium may be huge but it it nearly always half empty.

Still doesnt change that AAC is vastly superior to Sunbelt and CUSA. but I'd rather go to App state with a rabid, but smaller fan base, with more competitive success and much more of a national pedigree (at the moment)

Doenst mean that ECU cant be a sleeping giant that is waiting to be awaken by Houston and the most attractive job offer, but lets not pretend that their fan base is nationally relevant
    The problem with App State is the job isn't open yet. He'll basically have 2 offers on the table by Sunday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ECU is in my backyard. They're a perennial dumpster fire. Could the right coach turn them around? Maybe. Still think it's a better job than a startup program at UNC Charlotte in a state that already has 5 FBS programs.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Nope, it isn't. If you are a fan of over exaggerating what the term "a lot" should mean, as in many or majority of the teams. Then you are way off. However some folks will say "a lot" when they are only talking about a few or a handful, which would probably then be true. So when you say "a lot" are you speaking about more than half, or only a handful or less?
    https://www.studergroup.com/resource...-much-is-a-lot
    Half dozen or so. ECU football is currently a dumpster fire. However you don't average over 40k for a decade + (streak ended this year) because people don't care.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I liked how the jmu people thought he was sticking around for 10 years because he signed a contract before the championship game last year. We all learned something from Bohl. At some point money talks and people decide to move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just waters down the FCS even more. Too bad he couldn't stay, build them into something great, and give NDSU fans a hopeful "game" every year in the championship.

Really strong FCS program just got worse? Boring.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Half dozen or so. ECU football is currently a dumpster fire. However you don't average over 40k for a decade + (streak ended this year) because people don't care.
    The Cubs always show.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I liked how the jmu people thought he was sticking around for 10 years because he signed a contract before the championship game last year. We all learned something from Bohl. At some point money talks and people decide to move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think I posted he was leaving but my thread was taken down.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Just waters down the FCS even more. Too bad he couldn't stay, build them into something great, and give NDSU fans a hopeful "game" every year in the championship.

Really strong FCS program just got worse? Boring.

If you’re bored go watch the MAC championship tomorrow night. Knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    If you’re bored go watch the MAC championship tomorrow night. Knock yourself out.
    Two things can be true at once neil:

1. A really strong FCS program getting weaker makes the FCS more boring, not less

2. You can still find MAC games boring.

You are assuming that he is saying MAC is inherently more entertaining than FCS. He may or may not think that, but he is just saying that FCS becomes less entertaining when JMU isn't at full strength.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Is he taking the streamers with him?

Lardsin must go!