Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Default Re: JMU coach Mike Houston leaving for Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You doubt the power of the "Here we go Bison" chant starter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I thought it was “Let’s Go Bison”

Bohl did great things here...but with the way he left I'd never support HOF.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Bohl did great things here...but with the way he left I'd never support HOF.
    WTF did he do that was so bad?

He did EXACTLY what ever other college football coach has done when leaving for another head coaching job. Hell, he stayed and saw it through.

Who cares what he was doing in recruiting. I’m pretty fucking sure that was an expectation that he recruit for Wyoming.

The entire situation, if it was soured, was 100% on NDSU. They should have just let him go.

And regarding the timing.....fuck that. You owe your employer absolutely NOTHING. You leave when the opportunity is right.

I think it got kinda dirty.....hiding/stealing files is the going rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Here is my question.....what would be a "good" way for a coach to handle these situations, especially now with signing day moved up?

If you're a good FCS coach having success, you're going to still be playing games this time of year. If you're out of it already, you're likely not a candidate for other jobs. If you wait until your team is done playing, most of the jobs are probably gone. Short of finishing the year and then taking a year off, how can a coach handle these situations without "wronging his current team/players".

It's easy to criticize these coaches, but what would you have them do if their goal is to advance?
    Watch the way ck will do it, as always the right way with class

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    WTF did he do that was so bad?

He did EXACTLY what ever other college football coach has done when leaving for another head coaching job. Hell, he stayed and saw it through.

Who cares what he was doing in recruiting. I’m pretty fucking sure that was an expectation that he recruit for Wyoming.

The entire situation, if it was soured, was 100% on NDSU. They should have just let him go.

And regarding the timing.....fuck that. You owe your employer absolutely NOTHING. You leave when the opportunity is right.
    If it would have been just that would have been "fine". But from some of those here have said it was way more than that and rather than be "appreciative" of CK getting a head coaching job he basically has not talked to him since. Even GT has spoken about how he would have handled it differently since then. Jeff Kolpack's book also brings it up.

Thing is the people that know details have not made much of the situation public other than stealing recruit files and bringing in a Wyoming recruit on an official visit on NDSUs dime. Reading between the lines it was much more than that. So people just wanted it to stay classy what was done was done, can't change it now.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Watch the way ck will do it, as always the right way with class
    Ok, sure. But what is the right way? I've yet to really hear anyone have a great answer to that. One optioned mentioned is it accept your new job and simply resign immediately. At least that would be completely upfront, I suppose. You'd still have people saying, "how could he leave us in the middle of the season". I know I don't. To me the coaches are almost in a no-win situation in terms of public perception.

It's unrealistic to expect people to not want to advance their careers and the problems is the timing of the opportunities is awful for the program's the coaches are leaving.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Ok, sure. But what is the right way? I've yet to really hear anyone have a great answer to that. One optioned mentioned is it accept your new job and simply resign immediately. At least that would be completely upfront, I suppose. You'd still have people saying, "how could he leave us in the middle of the season". I know I don't. To me the coaches are almost in a no-win situation in terms of public perception.

It's unrealistic to expect people to not want to advance their careers and the problems is the timing of the opportunities is awful for the program's the coaches are leaving.
    What if the whole staff goes with the HC?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I've always assumed that if Bohl had been told by Gene he was out immediately that Bohl would NOT have gotten his Natty bonus that year since he wasn't around for it. This alone should be reason enough to tell any coach his season with us just ended.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What if the whole staff goes with the HC?
    Worst case scenario. Plain and simple.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.