Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 New Bison player

Default 2019 New Bison player

I was reading about newly signed Bison players on gobison.com. I was throughly impressed by the pitchers stats we got.

https://gobison.com/news/2018/11/14/...-softball.aspx

Lainey Lyle, 5-11, Pitcher, Bats: R / Throws: R, Middleton, Idaho (Middleton H.S.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: Led Middleton High School coached by Rob Kiser to Idaho state championships in 2016, 2017 and 2018 … Set state tournament record with 0.00 earned average in 2018 … Compiled 30-3 record in 2018 with 169 strikeouts and 0.54 ERA … Hit .452 with five home runs … Career record of 89-9 with 0.82 ERA and 559 strikeouts … Three-time conference Player of the Year … 2018 Max Prep High School All-American and Idaho's Gatorade Player of the Year in Idado … Idaho Press Tribune Player of the Year as a freshman and junior.

Very impressive with a 0.00 ERA in the state tournament and nice to get a Gatorade Player of the Year.

Others we signed:

Kaylee Moore, 5-4, Catcher, Bats: R / Throws: R, Cave Creek, Ariz. (Ayala H.S. Calif.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: First team all-league after hitting .354 with 15 doubles, one home run and 25 RBI for Ayala High School and head coach John Ameluxen … Led league in doubles, second in RBI … Two-time second team all-league selection … Hit .406 with 11 doubles, one home run and 27 RBI for So Cal Athletics and head coach Steve McNee … So Cal Athletics' teammates are playing for Florida Gulf Coast, Florida Atlantic and Texas-Arlington.

Skylar Padgett, 5-0, Shortstop, Bats: R / Throws: R, Grants Pass, Ore. (Grants Pass H.S.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: Second-team Oregon Class 6A shortstop as a sophomore in 2017 … Second-team Class 6A pitcher as a freshman in 2016 … Pitched every postseason game in 2016, leading Grants Pass to a fourth place finish at the Oregon 6A state tournament including a shutout in the quarterfinals … Four-time Player of the Week in 2016 and 2017 … Oregonian Player of the Week in 2016 … Missed junior due to injury … Enters senior year, first in stolen bases and tied for first in triples … Second all-time in assists Played volleyball and two-year basketball letterwinner … Veteran player for the N.W. Bullets summer league team coached by Tony Campos.

*****Disclaimer - Couldn't find a thread to add this in.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 New Bison player

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I was reading about newly signed Bison players on gobison.com. I was throughly impressed by the pitchers stats we got.

https://gobison.com/news/2018/11/14/...-softball.aspx

Lainey Lyle, 5-11, Pitcher, Bats: R / Throws: R, Middleton, Idaho (Middleton H.S.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: Led Middleton High School coached by Rob Kiser to Idaho state championships in 2016, 2017 and 2018 … Set state tournament record with 0.00 earned average in 2018 … Compiled 30-3 record in 2018 with 169 strikeouts and 0.54 ERA … Hit .452 with five home runs … Career record of 89-9 with 0.82 ERA and 559 strikeouts … Three-time conference Player of the Year … 2018 Max Prep High School All-American and Idaho's Gatorade Player of the Year in Idado … Idaho Press Tribune Player of the Year as a freshman and junior.

Very impressive with a 0.00 ERA in the state tournament and nice to get a Gatorade Player of the Year.

Others we signed:

Kaylee Moore, 5-4, Catcher, Bats: R / Throws: R, Cave Creek, Ariz. (Ayala H.S. Calif.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: First team all-league after hitting .354 with 15 doubles, one home run and 25 RBI for Ayala High School and head coach John Ameluxen … Led league in doubles, second in RBI … Two-time second team all-league selection … Hit .406 with 11 doubles, one home run and 27 RBI for So Cal Athletics and head coach Steve McNee … So Cal Athletics' teammates are playing for Florida Gulf Coast, Florida Atlantic and Texas-Arlington.

Skylar Padgett, 5-0, Shortstop, Bats: R / Throws: R, Grants Pass, Ore. (Grants Pass H.S.)
    HIGH SCHOOL: Second-team Oregon Class 6A shortstop as a sophomore in 2017 … Second-team Class 6A pitcher as a freshman in 2016 … Pitched every postseason game in 2016, leading Grants Pass to a fourth place finish at the Oregon 6A state tournament including a shutout in the quarterfinals … Four-time Player of the Week in 2016 and 2017 … Oregonian Player of the Week in 2016 … Missed junior due to injury … Enters senior year, first in stolen bases and tied for first in triples … Second all-time in assists Played volleyball and two-year basketball letterwinner … Veteran player for the N.W. Bullets summer league team coached by Tony Campos.

*****Disclaimer - Couldn't find a thread to add this in.
    Impressive. Thanks for the heads up. I would like to see more Cali recruits as well, they always pan out for the Bison.

This program keeps it going. I would really like to know what needs to be done differently to get out of the 1st round in the NCAA tourney. I know the players we have are more than good enough to get us in the tourney. But lets start to take that next step on a regular bases (basis), did you see what I did there? Always enjoy watch the team play. Too bad they can not have more home games but winter/spring gets in the way. The new field may allow for games to be played sooner.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its freaking basketball for shit sake. You put the ball in the hoop. There are thousands of players out there that can do that. JFC why is it so difficult here??????
    Actually, it's softball.

Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

this is KIND OF a recruiting thread.

NDSU needs to check out this young lady in faribault mn.
    Faribault's McKayla Armbruster struck out 33 batters in a 3-1 win in 15 innings Friday at Rochester John Marshall.

Falcons senior is 8-0, has pitched 62 innings, recorded 131 strikes and given up an incredible zero walks.

she's verbally committed to Mankato State.. but would totally flip with a D1 NDSU offer.

https://www.mnsoftballhub.com/news_a...0QvHPQ.twitter
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is KIND OF a recruiting thread.

NDSU needs to check out this young lady in faribault mn.
    Faribault's McKayla Armbruster struck out 33 batters in a 3-1 win in 15 innings Friday at Rochester John Marshall.

Falcons senior is 8-0, has pitched 62 innings, recorded 131 strikes and given up an incredible zero walks.

she's verbally committed to Mankato State.. but would totally flip with a D1 NDSU offer.

https://www.mnsoftballhub.com/news_a...0QvHPQ.twitter
    It would be interesting to see all the schools that offered her and how she ended up at a D2 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It would be interesting to see all the schools that offered her and how she ended up at a D2 school.
    exactly. i cant find anything and mankato state is closest to faribault. NDSU calls she jumps I bet. its pretty remarkable, 0 walks 131 strikeouts

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

exactly. i cant find anything and mankato state is closest to faribault. NDSU calls she jumps I bet. its pretty remarkable, 0 walks 131 strikeouts
    I don't believe you can call kids that have signed.

She signed with MSU. I don't see how you could call and flip her without an NCAA violation. If she transferred on her own she would have to sit out a year unless she moved down. Good luck with that.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix