Page 51 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    1) I don't think Dave is a good coach.

2) The pissing and whining about letting SDSU rolling the ball up is f'n ridiculous and ignorant. Some of the best coaches in the country let teams troll the ball up because they are protecting against high quality shots. Bill Self does that. Bo Ryan did that. Top 25 programs every year do that. Spreading the entire basketball court creates space in the halfcourt. Some of you people need to step outside your North Dakota basketball bubble and actually see how the game is played across the country,
    JFC, you don't when you have a healthy lead and you are trying to run clock! Good god we had them literally doing everything they could to preserve time to get what ended up being a hail mary at the buzzer! Do you not fucking see why this is important???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    JFC, you don't when you have a healthy lead and you are trying to run clock! Good god we had them literally doing everything they could to preserve time to get what ended up being a hail mary at the buzzer! Do you not fucking see why this is important???
    Rolling the ball up the court is equal to Jensen waiting until the play clock was at 1 before he would snap the ball late in the game. We wanted to run as much time off the clock before each play. SDSU wanted to save as much time as they could since they were behind. Again rolling the ball was not the reason for losing the game as much as missing the free throws down the stretch. If we would have held on to our 17 point lead. Adjusted more when they made the run on us. Rolling the ball and missed free throws would not have mattered. You can also argue the lack of pushing Jenkins to the sideline for the shot was the problem. A straight in looking shot has more margin for error than one shot from an angle.
    PS WE LOST THE DAMN GAME AND WE MOVE ON. DO NOT let that loss lead to another one tomorrow.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Saul had an overall record of 134-83 at NDSU.

Miles was 99-71 at NDSU. NDSU was transitioning to D1 during his time.

As you have stated above Dave sits at 91-64. Pretty similar records to the guys above, although difficult to compare Miles to either Saul or Dave since there were a lot more hurdles for Miles.

Now take away the 20 D3/NAIA wins for Dave.

71-64

OH show me 1 Quality win for Dave. HEY BURGANDY Remember beating #10 Wisconsin? #23 Marquette? #20 Notre Dame... so on and so on?

Yea DAVE has Z E R O quality wins, the seats are empty because of HIM and his style of play & level of excitement.

Should be gone right now, NDSU is finishing this year 12-16 in D1 wins, maybe.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    1) I don't think Dave is a good coach.

2) The pissing and whining about letting SDSU rolling the ball up is f'n ridiculous and ignorant. Some of the best coaches in the country let teams troll the ball up because they are protecting against high quality shots. Bill Self does that. Bo Ryan did that. Top 25 programs every year do that. Spreading the entire basketball court creates space in the halfcourt. Some of you people need to step outside your North Dakota basketball bubble and actually see how the game is played across the country,
    How true, those that keep bringing that up make themselves look basketball stupid!!

Dave is a very hollow 91-64, he has pretty much zero signature wins outside of beating SDSU several times. Saul and Tim completely dwarf him when it comes to high level wins and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Mediocre coach means mediocre results.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave is a very hollow 91-64, he has pretty much zero signature wins outside of beating SDSU several times. Saul and Tim completely dwarf him when it comes to high level wins and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Mediocre coach means mediocre results.
    He does have SL tournament win and March Madness berth, that will carry some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    He does have SL tournament win and March Madness berth, that will carry some weight.
    He coached really well that season, he got everything out of that team. With that said, ever since that year I think he has failed to get the most out of the talent he has every single season. Things have gotten better this year but we'll see if the trend continues.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Seriously, Deng great in first half then barely plays. Time for Dave to go.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Seriously, Deng great in first half then barely plays. Time for Dave to go.
    And solid in the first part of the 2nd half. Got to play because of Rocky’s foul trouble. Yet, DR chose to go with Rocky late in the 2nd half who, by my count was 0-5 on 3s. Sadly, it is now believable.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And solid in the first part of the 2nd half. Got to play because of Rocky’s foul trouble. Yet, DR chose to go with Rocky late in the 2nd half who, by my count was 0-5 on 3s. Sadly, it is now believable.
    I like Geu and yes I think he should play a little more. However, he has troubles turning the ball over down low like he did tonight and all season for that matter. If he can be more decisive in the post and learn how to effictively pass out of the post and find the open guy when he is doubled and trippled teamed his minutes will increase. He can't shoot it at a high rate either like Krueser can. Yes, Krueser had an off night tonight but is usually pretty consistent where Geu has a good outside shooting night once in a blue moon. This is partly on Geu and partly on the coaching staff. While I am not a fan of the coaching staff I can definetly see why his minutes are limited. His athleticism and rebounding alone however demand more minutes for him.