Page 45 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Omaha should be good again. FW has everyone back but Konchar. ORU has a lot back.
    Isnt Harrell a sr too for PFW? Omaha loses Hahn and Jackson those are two pretty big losses.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Isnt Harrell a sr too for PFW? Omaha loses Hahn and Jackson those are two pretty big losses.
    I believe Harrell plays for Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    I believe Harrell plays for Denver.
    Haha actually both are true. I was referring to Kason Harrell the sg for PFW but yes Ronnie Harrell plays for Denver.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Haha actually both are true. I was referring to Kason Harrell the sg for PFW but yes Ronnie Harrell plays for Denver.
    Ok. Forgot about him. Thanks.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's the thing, if Dave was a better coach we wouldn't have blown two double digit leads against SDSU and PFW at home and lost those games and we could be sitting atop the Summit League right now, we have that level of talent. Everybody in the stadium knew Konchar was going to take the last shot but instead of doubling him we just decided to leave Tyson on an island by himself against the best player in the Summit League, he did all he could, it wasn't enough. Against SDSU, they had fricken 6'2" Tevin King guarding Rocky in the corner for the last 3 minutes, how you don't recognize that and post him up for an easy 2 points to make SDSU adjust again baffles me. Not to mention when up 5 with a minute left he can't even draw up a play to make sure we get the ball in bounds. Richman's rotations and game management (especially late game) are poor at best. I will give him credit for doing much better on the offensive end this season, defense has suffered a bit however and he's done a good job recruiting some young talent but his coaching ability during the game is just not good enough to win against tough competition at this level, you need to be able to be more creative and make adjustments on the fly.

I'll support this team all day every day, I have and will keep season tickets no matter what but I just can't stand behind Richman anymore. I could see them tacking a year onto his deal and giving him one last shot with his whole team coming back but honestly I think we would just waste another year.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They are lucky the Summit tournament is at Frost South, not sure they would survive three games on a neutral floor.
    exactly, this is why I don't like the League frothing at the mouth about SF, sucks for every team not in Brookings or Vermillion, but its not going to change. Would love to have it at an actual destination place, I have zero interest in going to SF in March.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Richman has assembled some decent talent on this team and has some nice recruits coming in. The players seem really enthused on the bench. He is a young coach and is learning as a head coach. He clearly has his faults which I have complained about (poor offense, terrible rotations, lack of encouragement/never smiles). His offense is a little better this year, but some of it has to do with the players as well. Shahid has made the offense look better cause he is just a good player and leader. I do really believe we could play our two big guys together and it would be very successful as Rocky is not really a post player while Geu is. Not sure why we have hardly tried it and when we have we have had success.

I would not have said this mid year, but he probably deserves another couple of years. I would still performance management him if I was ML. I know you usually don't give two year deals for recruiting purposes, but he seems to have gotten some nice recruits even though he has no guarantee past this year.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Prediction...That last second shot against SDSU will be straw that broke the Camels back. We will get crushed by Omaha and quickly exit Sioux Falls. DR gets canned and will get an assistant job somewhere at a decent mid major and will live to be a head coach again. Hopefully, we make the right hire this time around though, it is crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    exactly, this is why I don't like the League frothing at the mouth about SF, sucks for every team not in Brookings or Vermillion, but its not going to change. Would love to have it at an actual destination place, I have zero interest in going to SF in March.
    Well, in all fairness, they do hold the FCS playoffs in Fargo.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Well, in all fairness, they do hold the FCS playoffs in Fargo.
    But that is based on how the team does in regular season. It is not predetermined.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.