Page 322 of 367 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Chapo is exaggerating (shocking I know) with the "dark of the night" comment but it is commonplace for athletic departments to issue press releases when they extend high profile coaches. Cases in point:

NDSU Head Football Coach Craig Bohl Accepts Five-Year Contract Extension
    NDSU Extends Contract of Head Football Coach Chris Klieman Through 2023 Season
    North Dakota State extends men's hoops coach Phillips

These silent extensions for Richman are just further evidence that the NDSU athletic department doesn't view the MBB program as having much significance in their grand scheme. That is where all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this thread should be directed at. Richman is what he is - an average D1 coach or above average by Summit League standards. This program is treated by its athletic department as average by Summit League standards or below average by D1 standards. You get what you pay for in college athletics and Richman is about exactly what NDSU is paying for if not better than what NDSU is paying for.

If NDSU basketball is ever going to compete at a higher level the change in mentality needs to come from above Dave Richman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head here Professor. The athletic department has made it repeatedly clear they are ok with basketball being an after-thought. An above average program in a low major conference with absolutely no expectations of success on a national level. Non-conference games and even the thought of ever winning another NCAA Tournament game don't seem to be a priority of the current administration (16-seed play-in games don't count). Richman has been an easy scapegoat for all of us fans that have been expecting more since the 2014 Tournament run. Dave is what he is at this point and he isn't changing. DR will likely be NDSU's basketball coach until he retires because he will never be good enough for a High Major to hire him away or bad enough to be fired, so buckle up everyone.
    2 really good posts. Unfortunately, this is the current state of NDSU basketball and people who are screaming to go FBS should pay attention because basketball is important in conference decisions to add schools. NDSU is failing to leverage basketball to our advantage in the big picture.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    What is this incessant bullshit about "dark of the night"? He works for a public institution that is subject to FOI requests and has his salary and contract posted publicly. That's as transparent as you get. Just because the dogshit newspaper (that you also continually complain about) doesn't do a story about it and doesn't report extensions in a headline, it's suddenly done "in the dark of night"? You are a fucking clown.
    If you are extending a coach you should be issuing a press release and putting out their for the public, it shouldn't have to be dug up by McFeely. The covid extension I could understand to an extent but this is getting strange. Richman will probably coach here for life since he doesn't want to leave and our admin doesn't seem interested in elevating the program beyond what it is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If you are extending a coach you should be issuing a press release and putting out their for the public, it shouldn't have to be dug up by McFeely. The covid extension I could understand to an extent but this is getting strange. Richman will probably coach here for life since he doesn't want to leave and our admin doesn't seem interested in elevating the program beyond what it is.
    It’s also a bit strange to extend the contract of a coach who is 9-14 overall and 6-5 in conference play currently, no?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Pretty much sums up why I have stopped actively following and watching the program. It's really disappointing too because I grew up on Bison basketball.
    Good reason to allow earmarking of TM and other contributions to NDSU. But, that will never happen. What will happen, IMO, is that overall donations will be down this coming year, as in TM fees being charged for football tickets. I’m personally done, given information about AD. I’ll just purchase cheap tickets online for games I want to go to/have time and desire to go to.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s also a bit strange to extend the contract of a coach who is 9-14 overall and 6-5 in conference play currently, no?
    Technically he was extended in June, coming off a decent season which is why you would anounce it then so people aren't finding out from McFeely after what has been a dissapointing season thus far. His other unannounced extension came after perhaps his best season ever but since nobody said anything it was uncovered during another time where the team was slumping. ML isn't doing Richman any favors with these unannounced extensions.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    If you are too scared to announce you extended the coach of your Men's basketball team, then it might as well be dark of the night...it means you are afraid of the public backlash and hope it takes a while for people to find out.
    Can you point to other schools you know of that have twice extended a contract of the mens basketball team head coach without announcing it publicly? Typically, you'd be proud of that as an AD, assuming you actually trusted the coach and weren't a total pussy.
    Exactly. Matt Larsen needs to improve or be gone. I’ll be telling him that later this month at AZ TM golf scramble. Why are people afraid of upsetting the Apple cart a bit? I mean, WE are the financial support arm of NDSU athletics.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    7-14. you ain't counting naia wins FFS...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Technically he was extended in June, coming off a decent season which is why you would anounce it then so people aren't finding out from McFeely after what has been a dissapointing season thus far. His other unannounced extension came after perhaps his best season ever but since nobody said anything it was uncovered during another time where the team was slumping. ML isn't doing Richman any favors with these unannounced extensions.
    Totally agree, though I would say ML is doing Dave a HUGE favor to the tune of $250K a year in undeserved revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Totally agree, though I would say ML is doing Dave a HUGE favor to the tune of $250K a year in undeserved revenue.
    literally stealing your money
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    literally stealing your money
    Dont you care that Richy said he wants to coach a longgg time.....lol