Page 302 of 368 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Sadly, the question this thread started has been answered. The new title is Now that Richman has run this program into the ground.
    It's now his job to put the plane together with glue/duct tape/whatever and get it back into the air. He's got about 3 months to do it in what looks to be a putrid Summit League this year judging from OOC performance across the board. If they keep on this pace they'll finish (probably well) below .500 in a bad conference and fade away inconspicuously early in the SLT in March. I think there's plenty on this board that are secretly or not so secretly hoping that will happen but, like it or not, if he does his typical thing from January-March and has them finishing in the upper half of the SL regular season standings and contending for a championship in Sioux Falls in March he'll continue to be the head men's basketball coach at NDSU moving forward.

Sadly, the question this thread started has been answered. The new title is Now that Richman has run this program into the ground.
    I could dogpile and say I want apologies for all the shit I and others have gotten over the years in this thread. Seems pretty quiet now. I could talk about how bad we are and how frustrating it is. Probably not going to say anything super enlightening that isn't already in everyone else's mind at this point.

At least the only thing left to do is fix the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's now his job to put the plane together with glue/duct tape/whatever and get it back into the air. He's got about 3 months to do it in what looks to be a putrid Summit League this year judging from OOC performance across the board. If they keep on this pace they'll finish (probably well) below .500 in a bad conference and fade away inconspicuously early in the SLT in March. I think there's plenty on this board that are secretly or not so secretly hoping that will happen but, like it or not, if he does his typical thing from January-March and has them finishing in the upper half of the SL regular season standings and contending for a championship in Sioux Falls in March he'll continue to be the head men's basketball coach at NDSU moving forward.
    And we'll still be posting the same old shit in this thread 4 more years from now........insanity

In the interest and spirit of brevity, why not just swap “Richman” and “has”?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    In the interest and spirit of brevity, why not just swap “Richman” and “has”?
    Yes, that is better. And remove the question marks at the end.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    next 6 games = 3-3 for sure, if they aren't 3-3 then insert laughter.

@ EWU = below average
    @Portland = average
    Montana = below average
    @WIU = below average
    @St Thomas = average
    @UND = below average

$250k/year runs through the 2024-25 season (so AFTER this season its $500k if there is no buy out clause for less) or negiotiate & offer him $300k to just go away this year & allow him to market himself for an asst job after this year)

$300k could be raised over the next 2 years with INCREASE of 1000 fans @ $20 game for 15 home games with a new coach and renewed interest in ndsu basketball. there's the math, problem solved.

CAS Negiotiate this out , you the man to make this happen.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I could dogpile and say I want apologies for all the shit I and others have gotten over the years in this thread. Seems pretty quiet now. I could talk about how bad we are and how frustrating it is. Probably not going to say anything super enlightening that isn't already in everyone else's mind at this point.

At least the only thing left to do is fix the program.
    Richman deserves all the shit he's getting this year. But in previous years he took plenty of shit based on unrealistic expectations for his program given the lack of support it gets. If contending for a Summit League championship every year isn't good enough pony up the bucks to hire better coaches, recruit at a national level, and schedule better teams out of conference. You get what you pay for in college athletics.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Richman deserves all the shit he's getting this year. But in previous years he took plenty of shit based on unrealistic expectations for his program given the lack of support it gets. If contending for a Summit League championship every year isn't good enough pony up the bucks to hire better coaches, recruit at a national level, and schedule better teams out of conference. You get what you pay for in college athletics.
    Totally agree but fans/donors aren't going to give to something that they can't envision. The purchase doesn't come before the sales pitch. Leadership needs to lay out the path to a better program and then sell the idea to fans/donors and illustrate how their dollars can make that happen. They have done it remarkably well with facilities. Likely a tougher sell with the less tangible ideas of better coaching, recruiting and scheduling. That being said it is on the leadership to start the process and the fans/donors to follow. Not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Totally agree but fans/donors aren't going to give to something that they can't envision. The purchase doesn't come before the sales pitch. Leadership needs to lay out the path to a better program and then sell the idea to fans/donors and illustrate how their dollars can make that happen. They have done it remarkably well with facilities. Likely a tougher sell with the less tangible ideas of better coaching, recruiting and scheduling. That being said it is on the leadership to start the process and the fans/donors to follow. Not the other way around.
    Pretty much agree, to start with they could quit going ultra-cheap on out of conference scheduling. Dump the sub-D1 games and get more and better D1 non-conference home games. Get better opponents into the SHAC and they'll sell more tickets. A whopping two D1 OOC home games this year is just pitiful.

We have watched some of our best players literally get worse over time. If not that, they've been getting benched and neglected until they leave. We continue to have offensive struggles and playcalling leaves me vexed often.

We get absolutely boat-raced by blue blood programs. In 10 years our biggest win was against...Indiana State in a down year for them? Oof. Look at SDSU's non-con resume in that time. Look at our non-con resume in the 10 years before Dave in comparison.

None of those have anything to do with amount of money in the program. We have been backsliding since LA graduated with Vinny's senior year being an anomaly. The bottom finally fell out this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*