Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Yes. But he is a bad dresser. He needs to lose the brown suit.
    What's with the blue outside and brown inside? Is it reversible?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    We're 2-5 against D1 teams right now. We have 5 more D1 games before conference play. I predict we go 1-4 in those. That'll put us at 3-9 heading into our conference opponents. If we then lose the first 2 of those games (both at home), I'm guessing Richman is done right then and there. An assistant steps up to interim coach. Then (to my disappointment) we start scanning the D3 landscape for someone who wants to be a D1 coach on the cheap.
    I am not trying to be rude, but the last part of your comment is absolutely incorrect. The NDSU job is a GREAT D1 job. Fargo is a great community. Compare the community to a lot of other SUmmit league/similar league cities. Fargo is nice. NDSU is large. We pay very well. We have cost of attendance and a brand new facility, and we have won. That matters. Coaches can look at this place and see two guys at higher jobs than NDSU..proof that you can win in Fargo. We don't graduate anyone. Great young program. We would have a REALLY good list of resumes to look at. A lot of high major assistants take pay cuts to get their first head job. Craig Smith was one. But, he is just one example. There are a small # of D1 jobs in America. A lot of guys want them. We aren't chasing guys on the cheap. NDSU has never been on the cheap. (this goes for NDSU women too...).
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Frustrating watching soo much talent and potential being wasted like this.

Who or where would you like to see the new head coach come from if our current one was giving his walking papers? I'd have to imagine that there are some great assistant coaches out there either the big conferences and or successful mid majors that would be a great fit.

Please discuss.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

He sucks. Theres nothing else to it.

Ive been wanting him out since mid to late 2016. Good to see others are starting to see this now

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    He sucks. Theres nothing else to it.

Ive been wanting him out since mid to late 2016. Good to see others are starting to see this now
    Right there with ya big dog. That's about the time they were REALLY running the weave with zero creativity. Hard product to watch and get excited about.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not trying to be rude, but the last part of your comment is absolutely incorrect. The NDSU job is a GREAT D1 job. Fargo is a great community. Compare the community to a lot of other SUmmit league/similar league cities. Fargo is nice. NDSU is large. We pay very well. We have cost of attendance and a brand new facility, and we have won. That matters. Coaches can look at this place and see two guys at higher jobs than NDSU..proof that you can win in Fargo. We don't graduate anyone. Great young program. We would have a REALLY good list of resumes to look at. A lot of high major assistants take pay cuts to get their first head job. Craig Smith was one. But, he is just one example. There are a small # of D1 jobs in America. A lot of guys want them. We aren't chasing guys on the cheap. NDSU has never been on the cheap. (this goes for NDSU women too...).
    I don't see your comment as being rude. To the contrary, you quite politely and reasonably countered my pessimism. I agree NDSU is a great place to be. My prediction was that we'd look to fill the job on the cheap. My evidence of cheapness (which may simply be a function of the money we wish we had, but we don't) is that we've allowed the basketball program to collapse without making a change, presumably because we didn't want to buyout a contract. So we're just ridding out the decline. A program not on the cheap would be like, "enough of this crap... We need to find a named and successful coach and become the mid-major everyone expects us to be." Where could we find a named coach? Well, like you said...NDSU is a decent place to be at. Or should be. We're a research 1, land-grant university. We're national champions in football. Perhaps a small-school D1 coach, maybe from a lower paying private college, would want to come here. But instead, will we pursue an assistant currently attached to the team? Or a JUCO coach? Or a D3 coach? None of those options are creative. None of those options are bold. All of those options are cheap. And I fear that's exactly what we're going to do. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I have been very vocal that ALL our jobs should be open for anyone. Volleyball, hoops, football...why wouldn't you want to see who is out there? I am quite positive our next coach will be from a high major who has been waiting his turn to be a head coach. That is all. Thanks for the polite discussion. NO question we need to either turn this around quickly. I would just love some positive energy. I watched the entire game last night. Still think we have some really great SUmmit level pieces.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

To me the ETSU game was more frustrating, they are a solid but not exactly elite mid-major and we never really challenged them. Oddly when Saul left, Forbes who coaches ETSU is a guy I thought the school should have looked at. I fully expected Gonzaga would blow our doors off but like everyone has said when Samuelson is leading the team in minutes and even the Gonzaga announcers are wondering what is going on with Gue, it just adds to the pile of concerns I have regarding the direction of this team. These concerns started with how Richman played Dex and his love affair with the weave offense.

If we make change I fully expect Larsen to make a splashy hire, it will likely be his first major hire and no doubt he will want to make his mark. I think Richman has been a tough issue for him, Dave had a lot of success early and has progressively fallen off track. I don't think he is still here because the athletic departmetn is cheap, they gave him a final shot that could be argued he deserves. I think that will be looked at favorably by potential coaches if we go in a new direction.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

lets talk about scoring the basketball. we are trying to play old school when everything now is scoring. Dave gets upset about a defensive breakdown when he should be more upset about the way we play offense.

All rules are for more scoring and players come from High School that are able to put the ball in the basket. We need a "culture change" bigtime on how to score more points. What we do is run the same old crap that hasnt worked for the past few years. We are 279th this year in scoring. That isnt even close to good enough and has been Daves problem since he took over.

If Nebraska fails to make the tournament this year we might see a former Bison coach on the market this offseason....

I know it won't happen but humor me.