Page 295 of 368 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Saul did a good job of putting solid people around him, I also think he would find talent in the portal which right now it appears Richman is incapable of doing. The portal sucks but it can also be a tool to reload, we haven't been doing that.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Saul did a good job of putting solid people around him, I also think he would find talent in the portal which right now it appears Richman is incapable of doing. The portal sucks but it can also be a tool to reload, we haven't been doing that.
    Yep - the only transfer he's gotten in his time that became a significant contributor is Vinnie Shahid I believe but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. When you get raided by defections to the portal and don't get anything meaningful back you're pretty much in a perpetual rebuild. It can't be that hard... I mean flippin Jacksonville got a 2-year starter from here... and the guy (Jarius Cook) wasn't even trying to get closer to home.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep - the only transfer he's gotten in his time that became a significant contributor is Vinnie Shahid I believe but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. When you get raided by defections to the portal and don't get anything meaningful back you're pretty much in a perpetual rebuild. It can't be that hard... I mean flippin Jacksonville got a 2-year starter from here... and the guy (Jarius Cook) wasn't even trying to get closer to home.
    Much nicer climate in Jacksonville

I think a lot of coaches, Dave included have done things one way so long that the portal is something they are waiting on to figure out if it's worth navigating or if building through high school players is still the way to go. Outside of ORU grabbing a couple, pretty much every coach in the Summit League, if they took on transfers at all, it was only from D2 or lower schools. But then you look at a team like Pacific that pretty much cleaned house and rebuilt their roster in one year through the portal and are much more competitive. Not sure on the sustainability of that method, especially when kids can decide to just transfer again if they want but I think that's the line coaches are trying to figure out how to walk.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post

I think a lot of coaches, Dave included have done things one way so long that the portal is something they are waiting on to figure out if it's worth navigating or if building through high school players is still the way to go. Outside of ORU grabbing a couple, pretty much every coach in the Summit League, if they took on transfers at all, it was only from D2 or lower schools. But then you look at a team like Pacific that pretty much cleaned house and rebuilt their roster in one year through the portal and are much more competitive. Not sure on the sustainability of that method, especially when kids can decide to just transfer again if they want but I think that's the line coaches are trying to figure out how to walk.
    Building our program around what others in the Summit are doing will get us no where. The Summit is the 20th ranked conference, give or take, and will never pose any threat outside of our own conference. Our aspirations should be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Building our program around what others in the Summit are doing will get us no where. The Summit is the 20th ranked conference, give or take, and will never pose any threat outside of our own conference. Our aspirations should be higher.
    This ^^^. We should be aspiring to more. Instead, I can think of a couple coaches in the Summit I'd rather have than the one we have. Kyan Brown and Hendo are at the top of list. Hell, I can think of a couple DII coaches I'd rather have then the one we have. Again, with that said, I really like our class of guards but I have no confidence in Dave developing or retaining these kids.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post

It takes coaching ability to bring in transfers and win. Jussayin’!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    This ^^^. We should be aspiring to more. Instead, I can think of a... coach...Hendo
    Hendo, YES!!! Does SDSU pay their HC more than us?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

#FireRichman
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

We are legitimately looking at 2 or 3 wins by Christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We are legitimately looking at 2 or 3 wins by Christmas
    Are you counting the likes of Waldorf salad?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.