Page 269 of 368 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    The transfer portal we have to deal with just as every other program. The alarming thing is 6 kids leaving a 2nd place 20+ win team. Yes. We all knew this was Sam's and Tyree's last year so no surprise. The other problem is when most people agree the other 4 are no big losses. This means they were recruiting failures in the first place. To deny there is not a recruiting and/or culture problem with NDSU men's BB is totally ignorant. I would venture to guess there is not to many other DI programs with 20+ wins that had 6 kids enter the transfer portal. Where there is smoke there is fire!
    Sorry, but there aren’t 4 scholarship players being lost to the transfer portal that are recruiting fails. Preferred walk-ons leaving a team along with fringe players going happens everywhere and really are not a big loss.

Now, if you want to discuss Harden-Hayes and Cook leaving, that imo is the bottom line.
    Those are the 2 departures that are a big deal and disappointing……
    I’m hoping something is learned in exit interviews and improvements made.
    If the assistant coaches need to assert themselves, so be it - but I really have no idea what is going on with the team so am just talking possibilities.

Also, as has been mentioned by NDSU92 and others, the transfer portal will need to transport both in and out. Still that remains to be seen, recruiting isn’t done yet. No Junior/Seniors sounds like a rebuild instead of a reload.
    If Harden-Hayes and Cook were still in Fargo next season, it would be easier to dream on competing for a top 2 seed……

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you 2 can ducky & bunny all you want, sound like Concordia fans. like Randy Moss says "I keep it real"

I want NDSU to improve football and that's FBS (149-11 9 titles in 11 years)
    I want NDSU to improve basketball and that's NOT the status quo.
    Our AD isn't doing anything, something needs to change

don't know how you can argue with that, but you guys are doing just that.
    So if I don’t agree with you I don’t want ndsu basketball to improve
    That’s stupid you do not keep it real you fling out bias crap that fits your narrative all day every day
    You shouldn’t get off saying you speak the truth as everyone in the world knows that’s not your calling card
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Sorry, but there aren’t 4 scholarship players being lost to the transfer portal that are recruiting fails. Preferred walk-ons leaving a team along with fringe players going happens everywhere and really are not a big loss.

Now, if you want to discuss Harden-Hayes and Cook leaving, that imo is the bottom line.
    If the assistant coaches need to assert themselves, so be it - but I really have no idea what is going on with the team so am just talking possibilities.

Also, as has been mentioned by NDSU92 and others, the transfer portal will need to transport both in and out. Still that remains to be seen, recruiting isn’t done yet. No Junior/Seniors sounds like a rebuild instead of a reload.
    If Harden-Hayes and Cook were still in Fargo next season, it would be easier to dream on competing for a top 2 seed……
    If any of the guards coming in are as good as advertised and grant continues to develop I see zero reason we can’t compete for a top two seed
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    So if I don’t agree with you I don’t want ndsu basketball to improve
    That’s stupid you do not keep it real you fling out bias crap that fits your narrative all day every day
    You shouldn’t get off saying you speak the truth as everyone in the world knows that’s not your calling card
    FACTS: last years NDSU team didn't have a WIN better than #192 ranked team (other than 3 oru wins who played shit defense)
    FACTS: 2 of our SENIOR STARS refuse to play for NDSU their covid year but will somewhere else!!
    FACTS: 2 potential starters REFUSE to play for NDSU next year (cook, mhh)
    FACTS: Coach with 0 signature wins or power 5 wins in 8 freakin years was signed to extension by our AD.
    FACTS: Attendence is down

oh no I raise facts & ask for change but I'm the bad guy? sure puddin' go ahead HAVE THE LAST WORD & refute any of that. you can't, because they are FACTS.

LastWord07115e845c2c298dd889e45ad4070a2f968eef745102b435c2d0509d9bf78402.jpg
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Disappointing as a fan to lose two players who were likely starters next year. Also tough not knowing why they left. Makes a fanbase just guess and infight over the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    FACTS: last years NDSU team didn't have a WIN better than #192 ranked team (other than 3 oru wins who played shit defense)
    FACTS: 2 of our SENIOR STARS refuse to play for NDSU their covid year but will somewhere else!!
    FACTS: 2 potential starters REFUSE to play for NDSU next year (cook, mhh)
    FACTS: Coach with 0 signature wins or power 5 wins in 8 freakin years was signed to extension by our AD.
    FACTS: Attendence is down

oh no I raise facts & ask for change but I'm the bad guy? sure puddin' go ahead HAVE THE LAST WORD & refute any of that. you can't, because they are FACTS.

LastWord07115e845c2c298dd889e45ad4070a2f968eef745102b435c2d0509d9bf78402.jpg
    He got an extension when he had earned one vinnie Tyson and company were one of our best teams ever
    The two seniors stated they were done after this year before the season so it is not alarming

1 starter and one bench player left fact
    They did beat oru 3 times so your 192 number is not a fact

Attendance being down is a nationwide phenomenon so that can’t be put squarely on the coach
    Sorry not all your facts are facts
    TRUST THE PROCESS

lol you should be press secretary

this program was fools gold and you bought a ton of it as did others, enjoy selling that gold as we are stuck w a coach that hasn't won a big game in 8 years. not 2 or 3.

8 years!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Disappointing as a fan to lose two players who were likely starters next year. Also tough not knowing why they left. Makes a fanbase just guess and infight over the reasons.
    I don't follow b-ball like a lot of guys around here but it just seems like there is a track record. Carlin Dupree, Paul Miller, Khy Kabellis, Deng Gue, Noah Christiansen, MHH, Cook, Eady & Griesel off the top of my head are all guys that have butted heads, left early or grad transferred out. From the outside, the optics aren't great especially considering Khy, Deng, MHH and Cook were all guys who would've likely seen increased roles. Is that culture?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No need to guess over the reasons. Leaving means, by definition, that there were not compelling enough reasons to stay. Could be push factors, or pull factors, or a combo of both. But bottom line--staying here was not the preferred option. The premature turnover on this team each year under Richman isn't smoke. It is a confirmed fire.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 03-21-2022 at 11:25 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    If any of the guards coming in are as good as advertised and grant continues to develop I see zero reason we can’t compete for a top two seed
    Yeah, but we've been saying the same thing of the in-coming every year. And it would probably be borne out if we could keep all of them for an entire college career. But that seems to often not happen. What are you going to write when Grant leaves early? Serious question.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.