Page 265 of 368 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Who was NDSU's best transfer out in which they left and was an impact player in a good season? It certainly wasn't Khy Kabellis. Deng Geu? I can't think of one dude that transferred to another D1 team and ended up having a very good season/career.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Who was NDSU's best transfer out in which they left and was an impact player in a good season? It certainly wasn't Khy Kabellis. Deng Geu? I can't think of one dude that transferred to another D1 team and ended up having a very good season/career.
    Deng Gue is now playing in the G League for the Texas Legends........so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Gue did alright, he only had a year and I think he had similar stats in a tougher league. That said we have two players that are much better in the portal now while MHH and Cook are more on the level of Gue.

Another issue with the portal is that we get very little out of it....which is alarming when we will need it to really produce for next season.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Crazy to think about....What could have been for Richmond....

If Sammy, Cook and Eady stayed - our team would be better next year than it was this year. We only lose Rocky whose minutes could go to Morgan for the most part. If we hit on one or two of the freshman we contention for Tourney and decent seed in NCAA Tourney.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Gue did alright, he only had a year and I think he had similar stats in a tougher league. That said we have two players that are much better in the portal now while MHH and Cook are more on the level of Gue.

Another issue with the portal is that we get very little out of it....which is alarming when we will need it to really produce for next season.
    Exactly----VERY ALARMING that Eady and Griesel are both willing to keep playing CBB----just not at NDSU---both could be in a rotation at a Power 5---won't say starter
    Cook was our 2nd best shooter who NEEDED more looks---but hard to get shots with Griesel and Rocky taken 70% of shots----thought he could've taken big step next year to a 12-14ppg guy
    MHH----talented offensively----not same effort on defense and might not have learned system cuz saw Richy yelling at him where to be on offensive set in games too

All 4 guys gone HURTS NDSU a lot.....can NDSU land 1 guy that will be an impact starter like Vinnie Shaheed and not a Willie Guy or Chris Quayle---

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Crazy to think about....What could have been for Richmond....

If Sammy, Cook and Eady stayed - our team would be better next year than it was this year. We only lose Rocky whose minutes could go to Morgan for the most part. If we hit on one or two of the freshman we contention for Tourney and decent seed in NCAA Tourney.
    Yeah HC keeps saying culture but STARTERS aren't suppose to transfer if believe in culture of the program and the HEAD COACH-----interesting

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Exactly----VERY ALARMING that Eady and Griesel are both willing to keep playing CBB----just not at NDSU---both could be in a rotation at a Power 5---won't say starter
    Cook was our 2nd best shooter who NEEDED more looks---but hard to get shots with Griesel and Rocky taken 70% of shots----thought he could've taken big step next year to a 12-14ppg guy
    MHH----talented offensively----not same effort on defense and might not have learned system cuz saw Richy yelling at him where to be on offensive set in games too

All 4 guys gone HURTS NDSU a lot.....can NDSU land 1 guy that will be an impact starter like Vinnie Shaheed and not a Willie Guy or Chris Quayle---
    Who’s a better shooter than Cook?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

That’s the problem. Transfers suck and it happens to everyone. But there has been a TON of talent leaving thru the portal and we have yet to see any in reverse. Vinny was JUCO so I think that’s a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Who’s a better shooter than Cook?
    Rocky was % wise from 3 point line for majority of season.....i didn't look at final stats

now i looked at final stats Rocky 39.1% 3's Cook 39.7%
    Last edited by Kujava23; 03-18-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Yeah HC keeps saying culture but STARTERS aren't suppose to transfer if believe in culture of the program and the HEAD COACH-----interesting
    Pretty telling if you ask me. Recruits have to be second guessing their decisions to come here in the first place. If I'm Grant I'm probably thinking it's portal time too.

IMO Dave needs to take a hard look in the mirror and adjust his style or he needs to go next!