Page 207 of 367 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Plus there isn't a lot of upside unless you can get the entire conference to do it. And even then you need some wins, that's how you raise the level of the conference. Then do it again year after year. But it's tough, there's a lot of people whose jobs are on the lines every year.
    Agreed the entire conference has to do it as well. Maybe Dupple should reach out and work with another large conference to get this done. He needs to help push the conference forward along with the teams (schools) in the Summit League.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    This is just a guess, so it's probably wrong, but I'd assume that most of those games would end up being on the road. So is the loss of home game revenue worth the potential of a win against a team from a better league?
    Like many of these teams generating enough revenue from a home game? Most of them are playing many ooc games on the road. The bigger names probably pay them more than they'd make in a regular home game against some naia school. I get the idea that it is a loss usually but the entire league eventually it will raise the level of the conference and eventually a few wins would raise it even more.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Like many of these teams generating enough revenue from a home game? Most of them are playing many ooc games on the road. The bigger names probably pay them more than they'd make in a regular home game against some naia school. I get the idea that it is a loss usually but the entire league eventually it will raise the level of the conference and eventually a few wins would raise it even more.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    It is not entirely about a home game for revenue. It is about getting a high quality team during OOC games at the SHAC. Fans bitch about Mayville and VC coming in. Well sign a 2-1 with Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska you start to generate more interest.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It is not entirely about a home game for revenue. It is about getting a high quality team during OOC games at the SHAC. Fans bitch about Mayville and VC coming in. Well sign a 2-1 with Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska you start to generate more interest.
    That would be great but I don't think Minnesota or Nebraska would entertain that notion at all. IIRC Bob Huggins was pissed that K-State had agreed to a 2-for-1 when that happened in the mid-2000s. P6s going to SL level schools just doesn't happen. If NDSU wants to raise their OOC scheduling they need to start with getting more games like that East Tennessee St game they got a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That would be great but I don't think Minnesota or Nebraska would entertain that notion at all. IIRC Bob Huggins was pissed that K-State had agreed to a 2-for-1 when that happened in the mid-2000s. P6s going to SL level schools just doesn't happen. If NDSU wants to raise their OOC scheduling they need to start with getting more games like that East Tennessee St game they got a couple years back.
    East Tennessee is way better than Mayville and VC so that works as well. I was just reaching higher and do realize it is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You already admitted this would be difficult if not impossible. Tim Miles pulled the wool over the eyes of someone at Kansas State somehow. Never had a team of that "caliber" of conference since. Like next quote shows we need to raise the bar a bit by getting those next tier conferences. I still think all SL schools need to get in a OOC game with the P5/P6 conferences but more than likely those are always going to be away games and just accept that, ask for more $ as a guarantee. Then try to schedule 2-1 for the next tier every once in awhile to keep fan base interested. With the $ SL has been getting the past what 8-9 years since NDSU won (twice) and now with ORUs two wins this year that should help ease some of missed revenue at least until covid hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed but I think more of the lower summit teams need to up their scheduling game too.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    What I don't understand a lot is why Summit league teams don't play more of the big names in basketball OOC? Granted most of time we're probably going to get beat, but if a couple three teams pull off the upset it would help the overall conference strength of schedule. Don't need 5-6 OOC games against the majors but a game or 2 each year can't hurt. It's not like you're going to hurt your chances of loosing your conference and not getting the autobid which is about the only way to get into tournament right now. Am I wrong about this seems others have posted this. Do ADs really shy away from those games because of the fear of getting a beat down or not getting paid enough what is it?
    Every team in the league this year other than UND and Denver played 2 or more P6 teams, some teams played 4 or 5, the problem is only SDSU got a win in one of those games against Iowa St. With the new transfer rule I think you're going to see the talent across the country start to even out a bit and hopefully allow for quality Summit League teams to pick up more of those wins to boost the conference rank. As discussed it's very rare to get one of those games at home so the wins will have to come on the road but they are there to be had. The Summit League went 1-21 in games against P6 schools this year, if we can get that as a conference up to 5 or 6 wins or better we will see our league get back where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Every team in the league this year other than UND and Denver played 2 or more P6 teams, some teams played 4 or 5, the problem is only SDSU got a win in one of those games against Iowa St. With the new transfer rule I think you're going to see the talent across the country start to even out a bit and hopefully allow for quality Summit League teams to pick up more of those wins to boost the conference rank. As discussed it's very rare to get one of those games at home so the wins will have to come on the road but they are there to be had. The Summit League went 1-21 in games against P6 schools this year, if we can get that as a conference up to 5 or 6 wins or better we will see our league get back where it needs to be.
    . With the new transfer rule I think you're going to see the talent across the country start to even out a bit and hopefully allow for quality Summit League teams to pick up more*

Dave didn't even WAIT to look at Power 5 drop down kids with talent. hit the d2 & juco d2 . dumb

we are a basketball school now. lets act like it
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 05-03-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    . With the new transfer rule I think you're going to see the talent across the country start to even out a bit and hopefully allow for quality Summit League teams to pick up more*

Dave didn't even WAIT to look at Power 5 drop down kids with talent. hit the d2 & juco d2 . dumb

we are a basketball school now. lets act like it
    When did we become a basketball school?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    When did we become a basketball school?
    Since yesterday around 5:30