Page 192 of 368 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    One would think that NDSU SHOULD consistently be at the top of the Summit.

First the FBall program gives the athletic department the luxury of revenues most other conference members do not have.
    Second it’s location and proximity to the Twin Cities should enable decent recruiting.

The expectations should be top 4 in the Summit year after year after year.
    Well, you'd be wrong that NDSU enjoys a financial advantage in men's basketball over their conference peers. Check out https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/compare/search.

NDSU is in the middle of the Summit League in terms of spending on men's basketball behind, among others, SDSU and UND.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 03-14-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I've seen more and more twitter grumblings that our boy Timmy Miles looks like the guy for New Mexico. They just lost out last night so would expect to hear more in the next few days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIBxFO3JXR8

that u turn at the end was epic..."hes whippin a ueie" lmfao i hope he gets it (lobos job) and just loads up on some jucos and balls out...also, re: richman i thought that was an quantum leap he took that last game coaching-wise------any chance you see we run that full court press "full-time"? maybe bring in john clark jr from mahnomen help him coach it up? that was fun 2 watch bud

I've seen more and more twitter grumblings that our boy Timmy Miles looks like the guy for New Mexico. They just lost out last night so would expect to hear more in the next few days.
    Darren wolfson mentioned Young Pitino being interested in the job also - would be “a soft landing” for him away from Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, you'd be wrong that NDSU enjoys a financial advantage in men's basketball over their conference peers. Check out https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/compare/search.

NDSU is in the middle of the Summit League in terms of spending on men's basketball behind, among others, SDSU and UND.
    pathetic.....

still waitin for the 1st offer in 5 years. tick tock
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    pathetic.....

still waitin for the 1st offer in 5 years. tick tock
    Cmon Chapo. He was an extremely young coach when he took this gig and was not going to get offers immediately. I will say his coaching drives me nuts at times as well (rotations and offensive sets), but we have a really nice team coming back next year and hopefully for few years. I hope he is continuing to learn as a coach and self evaluate as well and will continue to improve.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Cmon Chapo. He was an extremely young coach when he took this gig and was not going to get offers immediately. I will say his coaching drives me nuts at times as well (rotations and offensive sets), but we have a really nice team coming back next year and hopefully for few years. I hope he is continuing to learn as a coach and self evaluate as well and will continue to improve.
    7 years. . . . some of you think its' so great then where are the offers. there isn't any. we are stuck in mediocrity, steph curry changed the culture of basketball with 3 points shooting excitement and passing up and down the court in transitions. we are princeton from 1986 still.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    He's definitely continued to improve as a coach, our offense was more free flowing this year than it ever has been under Richman. The SL championship game was a perfect indication as I wasn't even sure we had a game plan for full court and intense pressure for an extended period of time and also that we could really push the ball if needed and it turns out we do, which might just make it more worse that we don't do that more often. His rotations are frustrating, I wish we'd get more post touches and obviously he doesn't have a win against a P5 school but we are always in it for a bid to the dance and he continues to recruit some talented guys so it certainly could be A LOT worse.

And Chapo, you say no offers but you don't know that, other AD's could call and he could just say no before they even gave a pitch. Dave's a ND guy, he's watched the two guys before him move on and end up having to start over, I feel like it'll take something pretty special for him to move on.

He's definitely continued to improve as a coach, our offense was more free flowing this year than it ever has been under Richman. The SL championship game was a perfect indication as I wasn't even sure we had a game plan for full court and intense pressure for an extended period of time and also that we could really push the ball if needed and it turns out we do, which might just make it more worse that we don't do that more often. His rotations are frustrating, I wish we'd get more post touches and obviously he doesn't have a win against a P5 school but we are always in it for a bid to the dance and he continues to recruit some talented guys so it certainly could be A LOT worse.

And Chapo, you say no offers but you don't know that, other AD's could call and he could just say no before they even gave a pitch. Dave's a ND guy, he's watched the two guys before him move on and end up having to start over, I feel like it'll take something pretty special for him to move on.

yea 2 guys that put $2 million & $5 million in thier bank accounts. cmon man and yes the players balled out a few times out of 30 games, i enjoyed that

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes Curry changed BB and I have always been a 3 point shooting nut and have always cheered for uptempto teams like the 90's Kentucky teams and the 80'/90's Running Rebs teams so yes Richman drives me nuts. He isn't Princeton, but our team models Wisconsin and has for a long time well before Richman.

But Rocky Kreuser is the epitome of the new style of ball and I actually think if he could have a better post up game our 3 point shooting would be better. Our problem is we don't have one player at the end of the game that forces the other team to have to focus or double team and that can come thru either a point guard a great post player. Look at SDSU as their post player would dominate when he needed which setup the 3 point shooters for better looks. BB can be played lots of different ways the problem is coaches generally don't like to coach lots of different ways. Richman does need to continue to improve as a coach though.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea 2 guys that put $2 million & $5 million in thier bank accounts. cmon man and yes the players balled out a few times out of 30 games, i enjoyed that
    Money isn't everything, especially when you have 4 little girls at home. Dave isn't going to take a small step up to a place like Ohio and pack up and move his whole family only to have to do so again in a few years if it doesn't work out. I think it'll take a P6 or at least a Mountain West team to come calling for him to pack his bags.