Page 179 of 368 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    B. Despite being well ahead of schedule with this team (huge props to Richman), Chapo is right, a lack of quality or signature wins has dogged this program for 7 years. I don't care what the nanny's and kool aid drinkers say on here, the expectation should be to make some noise in March every few years and you can't do that as a 15 seed. Signature wins matter.
    Since you say it’s been a problem for seven years, what quality wins did the team have after Marquette in 2007? NDSU has beaten one P5 team in the regular season (Notre Dame) since then.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Since you say it’s been a problem for seven years, what quality wins did the team have after Marquette in 2007? NDSU has beaten one P5 team in the regular season (Notre Dame) since then.
    oh hando you making me sad.... wisconsin, marquette, notre dame (oklahoma in big dance) that's it for Power 5

it'd be interesting to see our G5 record, beat Navy & Utep in 2016 & 2017 but they were horrible at that time.

so far NDSU has
    lost to #295 UND
    Swept #344 Denver
    Swept #310 Omaha
    Swept #322 WIU

should beat #243 UMKC this weekend as well , we still don't have any idea how good this team is I guess is my point. Right in the middle of the summit and played with Kansas who shot 30% .

they should finish 13-11 and go into the summit as the #3 or #4 team. best case 15-9 and #2 seed, worst case 11-13 & #5 seed

ps- the summit has only 1 Quad 1 win and 2 Quad 2 wins
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 01-25-2021 at 07:15 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why should that be the expectation given the support (or lack thereof) put into the program? Put me in the nannys and kool-aid drinkers group I guess because IMO a team like they had in 2013/2014 is more like a once every 15-20 years type team not a once every few years team. My expectation given the current level of support is that they're in the top half of the Summit League every year (aka contending for a title) and that they win the Summit League at least once for every recruiting class. I expect that they'll be a 14 seed or lower when they make the tournament given the profile and pedigree of programs in the SL, a round of 64 win happens about every 4-5 trips to the tourney, and a Sweet Sixteen run maybe once or twice in a lifetime.
    I don't know, asking any low major program to pull out a win every few years in the NCAA's is a very tall order. Making noise doesn't always have to be about W's. Who didn't enjoy Big Dex going unconscious vs Gonzaga during the first round in Spokane on prime time TV? NDSU was the talk of the tourney that day thanks to that. Lots of ways to make noise without a W.

just PLAY The tape of this game vs UMKC with their TOP 3 scorers out and our 6 10 backup center with the ball at the top of the key 25 feet out holding the ball for 7 seconds and getting the whistle.

i'd love to sit with AD Matt Larson and watch this game back.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    just PLAY The tape of this game vs UMKC with their TOP 3 scorers out and our 6 10 backup center with the ball at the top of the key 25 feet out holding the ball for 7 seconds and getting the whistle.

i'd love to sit with AD Matt Larson and watch this game back.
    You could not do Matt Larson’s job, even for one day! Matt Larson’s job, day in and day out, is about lifting people up. Supporting athletes coaches staff admin fundraisers, cooperating, supporting, lifting up, teaching, and yes making some tough decisions too.

You are an egomaniac, unsupportive, a wrecker, a destroyer of everything. You would destroy the culture which is NDSU football and basketball on day 1. No one would want to play here. Thank God you have no association with anything NDSU.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    You could not do Matt Larson’s job, even for one day! Matt Larson’s job, day in and day out, is about lifting people up. Supporting athletes coaches staff admin fundraisers, cooperating, supporting, lifting up, teaching, and yes making some tough decisions too.

You are an egomaniac, unsupportive, a wrecker, a destroyer of everything. You would destroy the culture which is NDSU football and basketball on day 1. No one would want to play here. Thank God you have no association with anything NDSU.
    BRAVO.....Post of the new decade!!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Lakes would have us in the Big 12 by day FOUR.

Haters gonna hate.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

show me where the basketball culture has a big win since Oklahoma 2014 or a quality win in 2021?

did you watch last night? UMKC was down 3 top scorers & was ranked #300!

Basketball should be neck and neck with Football by now or at least in the same vicinity

And we thought the friday night was poorly coached & team underachieved... then we got this loss Saturday on top of it. down 7 with 5 minutes left .. ouch

und ranked #305 loss
    UMKC ranked #265 loss

NDSU is at #183 now, we should never be below #100-125

North Dakota State*University director of athletics Matt Larsen announced today a two-year*contract*extension for head men's*basketball*coach*David Richman*through April 2022

April 2022?
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 01-31-2021 at 05:40 PM.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    And we thought the friday night was poorly coached & team underachieved... then we got this loss Saturday on top of it. down 7 with 5 minutes left .. ouch

und ranked #305 loss
    UMKC ranked #265 loss

NDSU is at #183 now, we should never be below #100-125

North Dakota State*University director of athletics Matt Larsen announced today a two-year*contract*extension for head men's*basketball*coach*David Richman*through April 2022

April 2022?
    I don't give a shit what the rankings say, KC is a tough team. The loss is definitely mostly on Dave as he should've made some offensive adjustments to spread the team out and work the ball inside but when Rocky and Sam go 5-23 we are gonna have a rough game. After what I've seen I have KC as the #4 team in the Summit ahead of ORU at this point. Once they get fully healthy they are gonna be a really tough team to beat. We were also down 2 starters and 1 rotation guy so not like we were running at full strength either. Cook and MHH woulda given us enough offense to win that game easy. Hell Griesel makes a couple more bunnies or either of those 3's fall at the end and we still win. Not too worried about this one, KC has played everybody tough and will continue to do so, they are good.