Page 174 of 368 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Only games that matter are in March at Summit Tourney, come on guys Richman has been saying that for years. When will you guys buy into his plan. We can go 3-whatever and still make the dance. You know how scared some teams will be with a team on a three game winning streak coming in. They are peaking at the right time. A team you do not want to face.
    He's absolutely right. The only thing that matters is March for this team and where their landscape in college basketball. It's similar to the football program and their mantra of the only thing that matters is Frisco.

This is the thing with Richman. I've gone kind of full circle with him. I'm not the biggest fan of the style of basketball. It's similar to how I felt about having to watch the football program run the dreaded option years ago. The guy is one of the better small major college coaches out there and his achievements back it up. If he was any more successful he'd be gone and NDSU would be wallowing in another coaching search and who knows how that ended up (look at USD. Craig Smith didn't "vault" their program up any. They going nowhere.) He's also the type of coach that develops his team as the year goes on. Like unbison said it's a process. There are other programs that play free flowing and are strong off the bat like SDSU, but what you see from them in December is generally what you get from them in March. I don't know what happened to Knotek last night but he should be the starting 2 guard and he should be averaging 15+ points every night, he's capable. He's still dealing with injury. I have also not seen anything from this group of players that doesn't make me think they are going to be right in the mix come around March again. They might even be a 1a/1b team to SDSU when Knotek gets healthy, they get an actual PG, and Sam can move back to his natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Toughest schedule to start a season ever in the last two with a chance to win with no pg
    You and others have been down on Richman for years he keeps getting us to the dance

Trust the process
    And what happens when we make the dance as a 15 seed because we can't win non-conference games? Just because Richman tells you these games don't matter doesn't make it true. Wins matter! The problem is most of you Richman apologists only care about making the dance and watching one blowout game by a 1-2 seed. BIG FUCKING DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    And what happens when we make the dance as a 15 seed because we can't win non-conference games? Just because Richman tells you these games don't matter doesn't make it true. Wins matter! The problem is most of you Richman apologists only care about making the dance and watching one blowout game by a 1-2 seed. BIG FUCKING DEAL!
    My earlier comment was meant to be tongue and cheek. I agree with you. Proven when we beat Oklahoma as a 12 seed. Trying to knock off a 1 or 2 or even a 3 seed is really hard. Does not happen with great success. Now 12 and 11 seeds fair a lot better and should. We need to win game in non-conference and conference games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This is how I feel when I hear the football fans tell me how NDSU is big time and they beat garbage programs like ISU-red, Jacksonville State, James Dawson U, and Sam Houston State in the championship game of the D2 playoffs every year.

What exactly do you expect? In the last decade NDSU has won the Summit League tourney 4 times (3 times under Richman). They likely would've been a 14 last year (maybe a 13) and even as a 15 seed in 2015 they played a great game against 2 seed Gonzaga. In 4 tournament games (not counting the play-in in 2019) they've been competitive in 3 of them and won 1. Given the lack of investment in the program I don't see how you can expect more than that. I mean you can expect they make the NCAA tourney as a 25+ win 13 seed minimum every year but I don't think that's grounded in reality and you're going to be disappointed/pissed off a lot of years.

That 2013/2014 team is the type of team that you're lucky to get once a decade at this level. I think a realistic expectation for this program is that they're in the top half of the conference every year and that each class wins the conference tourney once if not more in their time at NDSU. Beyond that I'd say a round of 64 win every dozen years or so and a Sweet 16 run once or twice in a lifetime is about where I'm at for expectations. D1 basketball isn't easy... it's not like FCS where more than 50% of programs fund less than the max scholarships. A lot of schools throw a lot of money at their men's basketball programs and NDSU isn't even near the top half of D1 in that regard.

It really is too bad they weren't able to play the tournament last year. Experienced backcourts can be deadly and March and I would have loved to see what Vinnie and Tyson could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    It really is too bad they weren't able to play the tournament last year. Experienced backcourts can be deadly and March and I would have loved to see what Vinnie and Tyson could have done.
    Don't remind me. Bummer way to end last season.

so lose to sdsu, barely beat usd

and barely beat und who we beat by 40 9 months ago?

zzzz. not impressed
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so lose to sdsu, barely beat usd

and barely beat und who we beat by 40 9 months ago?

zzzz. not impressed
    We just need a PG Chapo. How's your crossover?

hurry up vinnie 2.0
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?