Page 162 of 365 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think it boils down to expectations. We're ND-f'n-SU. In basketball, we want to be the public university version of Gonzaga. We want to be in the conversation every year. We don't want the idea of a 12 seed, 10 seed, or 7 seed be out of the question. We want power 5 teams to worry about playing us. I'm guessing if Richman gets us to the final 4 this year, Chapo becomes a Richman homer. I know I would. He'll, I'd wash his car for a year. Maybe it was Richman's misfortune to take the job at a time when expectations were raised among some fans. But higher expectations is what they sold us, and maybe I was a sap for buying it. But I bought it. Now I want it. I want the next level. Believe me when I say that the first coach to get us to even the Sweet 16 will have me at hello from that moment forward, in perpetuity. I would like nothing more than for it to be Richman this year.
    YESSS YESSSS >>Insert Jack Nicholson meme<< winning the crap summit in the title game vs 2 sub.500 teams GETS us to the Dance yes, but ... yea.. This is True and Going to the Big Dance 2 years in a row is Great and true at the same time. its quite the conundrum

GO BISON BASKETBALL!! we are happy with dancin'
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think it boils down to expectations. We're ND-f'n-SU. In basketball, we want to be the public university version of Gonzaga. We want to be in the conversation every year. We don't want the idea of a 12 seed, 10 seed, or 7 seed be out of the question. We want power 5 teams to worry about playing us. I'm guessing if Richman gets us to the final 4 this year, Chapo becomes a Richman homer. I know I would. He'll, I'd wash his car for a year. Maybe it was Richman's misfortune to take the job at a time when expectations were raised among some fans. But higher expectations is what they sold us, and maybe I was a sap for buying it. But I bought it. Now I want it. I want the next level. Believe me when I say that the first coach to get us to even the Sweet 16 will have me at hello from that moment forward, in perpetuity. I would like nothing more than for it to be Richman this year.
    Everybody wants to be Gonzaga. It takes a lot more than hopes and dreams to get there. As the saying goes you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

I probably bought the same metaphorical knock off wristwatch you did when the SHAC opened but I've realized that this is what it is. Any season that ends in a Summit League tourney championship is a good season in my book. Any season that doesn't is a disappointment. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Everybody wants to be Gonzaga. It takes a lot more than hopes and dreams to get there. As the saying goes you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

I probably bought the same metaphorical knock off wristwatch you did when the SHAC opened but I've realized that this is what it is. Any season that ends in a Summit League tourney championship is a good season in my book. Any season that doesn't is a disappointment. Anything beyond that is gravy.
    and there's the Bar.

I don't know if this thread needs to be closed but a spot in the hall of shame seems apropos.
    As far as the statement of “running the program into the ground” you’ve got a point, especially considering our WBB prior to Jory taking over. Assuming the OP was using a little hyperbole, here are my thoughts on Dave:

Context matters. Let’s see how we do next year. Dave certainly bought himself more time these last couple years. This years team was fun and he met expectations. I would even say he grew a bit to let the guys have some more fun and play loose. I am curious if he has gotten better as a coach to be able to make a squad like next year’s successful.

For those comparing him to Miles or Phillips: Miles did something that no other coach in D1 ever did in bringing us to the dance in our first year of eligibility. Saul got us through the last few years of the BSA. Both did these while the Summit was a top 12-15 conference. The Summit is a shell of what it used to be, currently around #20, and our biggest foe got upset before we had the chance to play them.

At the end of the day as someone else said, we’re ND-effing-SU. Our expectations are sky high but that’s what makes us who we are. I’d kill to be able to write Matt Larsen a check big enough to tell him to make us UNI. SDSU set the bar for mid-majors in the region and I would love to see us surpass it.

I have never heard this saying, but I intend to embrace it and use it often.

Okay...maybe not Gonzaga. But we can certainly be a Wichita State. I'd be okay with that. Let's just move the needle a little bit. We should always be good enough to be a contender for an at-large NIT bid, at least. And anything other than a 1st round post-season win should be the disappointment mark. Then the gravy could start with the second post-season win. And yeah, after the SHAC opened, I soon realized it is what it is. And what it was was that me knees knocked the seat in front of me, and I'm not even that tall.

In any case, to be sure, I'm pulling for Richman. I would love for him to kill it during March Madness and go deep in the tourney, and secure his place at NDSU or where ever he might want to be. Let's do it.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 03-11-2020 at 04:48 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BFKasper14 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Seriously man. Not to be a jerk...but fuck you! Richman has led us to another ncaa tournament. If by now you cant recognize he is a great coach, you are seriously mentally unstable. We would not be a 12-13 seed with one more win. I seriously think if NDSU went to the final 4 you would bitch about Richman. You are a joke.
    He’s been a joke for a long time. Best just to ignore the garbage that he posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    He’s been a joke for a long time. Best just to ignore the garbage that he posts.

or im right

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We win one more game against a sub 500 team and we jump up to a 12-13 seed? Doubtful. Dave’s done a great job and I think if you would have said they’d make the big dance 3 out of 6 years at the start of his tenure everyone would be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    As far as the statement of “running the program into the ground” you’ve got a point, especially considering our WBB prior to Jory taking over. Assuming the OP was using a little hyperbole, here are my thoughts on Dave:

Context matters. Let’s see how we do next year. Dave certainly bought himself more time these last couple years. This years team was fun and he met expectations. I would even say he grew a bit to let the guys have some more fun and play loose. I am curious if he has gotten better as a coach to be able to make a squad like next year’s successful.

For those comparing him to Miles or Phillips: Miles did something that no other coach in D1 ever did in bringing us to the dance in our first year of eligibility. Saul got us through the last few years of the BSA. Both did these while the Summit was a top 12-15 conference. The Summit is a shell of what it used to be, currently around #20, and our biggest foe got upset before we had the chance to play them.

At the end of the day as someone else said, we’re ND-effing-SU. Our expectations are sky high but that’s what makes us who we are. I’d kill to be able to write Matt Larsen a check big enough to tell him to make us UNI. SDSU set the bar for mid-majors in the region and I would love to see us surpass it.
    Tim miles never coached NDSU to a dance
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Tim miles never coached NDSU to a dance
    Ah you are correct. Thank you