Page 157 of 368 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3671

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That said there are plenty of improvements that could be made outside of what's on the court that has already been discussed ad nauseum on this and other threads. I'd start with:

1) To the conference: Once we get back to 10 teams in the league with the addition of UMKC and St Thomas (and loss of Fort Wayne) go back to the Thursday/Saturday schedule for all league games or do a Friday/Sunday schedule every week from January 1st on. Have some better continuity with the schedule and more fans will show up at all members schools' home games.

2) To the NDSU athletic department: Make at least a half-assed effort to improve concessions at the SHAC. It was downright awful this year. Have something unique on the concourses instead of mid-to-low-grade NDSU dining options. We love to eat and the better food options you give us the more money we'll spend and the more of us will show up.
    This is kinda about your option 2, but when they have double headers you go to the selected areas on the south and north entrances. Normally I don't eat at the SHAC but last week I was hungry. Major fail not having the waiting areas where there a concessions stands. Bad for the vendors even thought it is mostly NDSU concessions.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    This is kinda about your option 2, but when they have double headers you go to the selected areas on the south and north entrances. Normally I don't eat at the SHAC but last week I was hungry. Major fail not having the waiting areas where there a concessions stands. Bad for the vendors even thought it is mostly NDSU concessions.
    I don't know what or why they replaced all the vendors with NDSU dining but it fucking sucks. When the SHAC opened we had Hot Dog Peddler, Firehouse Subs and Spicy Pie pizza in addition to the regular concessions, taco in a bag and ice cream. I would skip eating dinner at home before heading to the game because I loved getting Hot Dog Peddler but now the hot dog stand isn't even open half the time, the last time it was their register was broken so they couldn't take orders and even when it all is working the food quality is below average. Would love to see the outside vendors back

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't know what or why they replaced all the vendors with NDSU dining but it fucking sucks. When the SHAC opened we had Hot Dog Peddler, Firehouse Subs and Spicy Pie pizza in addition to the regular concessions, taco in a bag and ice cream. I would skip eating dinner at home before heading to the game because I loved getting Hot Dog Peddler but now the hot dog stand isn't even open half the time, the last time it was their register was broken so they couldn't take orders and even when it all is working the food quality is below average. Would love to see the outside vendors back
    I don't know this but I would guess the outside vendors bailed because they weren't covering their costs since the attendance was so low.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I don't know this but I would guess the outside vendors bailed because they weren't covering their costs since the attendance was so low.
    I don't know either, considering NDSU dining essentially tried to replace them with their own products makes me think it was a move by NDSU to try to capture more revenue. Either way something needs to change because the concessions across the board were awful. The beer experience has been awesome, the food experience completely miserable this year.

I don't know either, considering NDSU dining essentially tried to replace them with their own products makes me think it was a move by NDSU to try to capture more revenue. Either way something needs to change because the concessions across the board were awful. The beer experience has been awesome, the food experience completely miserable this year.
    Even the taco in a bag is awful this yesr
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Pretty sure NDSU gets a cut of the pie either way. I think BBG is right and the vendors bailed due to low attendance. Hopefully it picks up again next season but I doubt it.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fire Richman, save dinner
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Even the taco in a bag is awful this yesr
    True story, I didn't know it was possible to mess this up but they basically put half of the ingredients in they used to, for $7.50 or whatever they are I think I deserve a little more than a small scoop of meat and a pinch of cheese

True story, I didn't know it was possible to mess this up but they basically put half of the ingredients in they used to, for $7.50 or whatever they are I think I deserve a little more than a small scoop of meat and a pinch of cheese
    Let Troy G know about this like I did. They want the feedback to help improve the food at the SHAC. Maybe just maybe if enough people complain they will be more aggressive on getting something corrected.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Pretty sure NDSU gets a cut of the pie either way. I think BBG is right and the vendors bailed due to low attendance. Hopefully it picks up again next season but I doubt it.
    Or they bailed because NDSU was going to change the fees for them to be there to a rate that was not allowing the vendor to make a profit.
    With the other persons comment in mind to switch to NDSU cartering to capture more of the funds.