Page 156 of 367 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Well then, basketball should speed up the game and discontinue timeouts if they are of no use.
    Watching the semi final of nsic tonight and Sioux Falls called a timeout when SCSU went on a 12-0 run . The crowd boo’d the coaching for calling a timeout. I am kidding on the last part.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So using a TO to stop the other teams momentum has never lead to a win?

So using a TO to get the right guys on the floor has never lead to a win?

So using a TO to chew some ass because your team is playing like horseshit as never lead to a win?

So using a TO to get a set play for a particular situation has never lead to a win?

Well then I'd say that would all be new to the game of basketball no matter what team, state, country and continent you play on/in. Does it work all the time? No, but is sure as hell doesn't hurt your chances at a win.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    So using a TO to stop the other teams momentum has never lead to a win?

So using a TO to get the right guys on the floor has never lead to a win?

So using a TO to chew some ass because your team is playing like horseshit as never lead to a win?

So using a TO to get a set play for a particular situation has never lead to a win?

Well then I'd say that would all be new to the game of basketball no matter what team, state, country and continent you play on/in. Does it work all the time? No, but is sure as hell doesn't hurt your chances at a win.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

yea there's been strategy issues (not using timeouts, and before halftime 2 for 1 possessions that he never does)
    never set plays in this offense, it's the weave , plus our players don't even set picks hard.

but I'm just wondering how you make THAT exciting enough to get a consistent 4000-5000 fans at a game, the style doesn't help (except for the 1st half of Omaha where he allowed the seniors to ball out....and look what happened)

losing to a 10-17 D1 UND team is a sign of outcoached, as was at #315 Utah Valley.

can Richman elevate NDSU to the top of the Mid Major list & provide 4-5 years of that. i say no.

does NDSU want to make an effort to get there? no. probably not.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Obviously some tongue and cheek by me on timeouts
    I understand the philosophy

But some other coaches get grief for it as well namely Roy Williams

With that said this year he has a mature group
    And let’s them play through it
    It’s called trust
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea there's been strategy issues (not using timeouts, and before halftime 2 for 1 possessions that he never does)
    never set plays in this offense, it's the weave , plus our players don't even set picks hard.

but I'm just wondering how you make THAT exciting enough to get a consistent 4000-5000 fans at a game, the style doesn't help (except for the 1st half of Omaha where he allowed the seniors to ball out....and look what happened)

losing to a 10-17 D1 UND team is a sign of outcoached, as was at #315 Utah Valley.

can Richman elevate NDSU to the top of the Mid Major list & provide 4-5 years of that. i say no.

does NDSU want to make an effort to get there? no. probably not.
    Yeah...Dave not calling a timeout or trying to get a 2 for 1 before halftime is the reason people are not coming to games. Give me a break. Your arguments are not just getting old and tired, but proven dead wrong. Dave Richman coached a team to 22 wins, a conference championship, and could be the coach of the year in the league. Yet you, and others dont think he is a good coach. Sorry, but facts are facts.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Yeah...Dave not calling a timeout or trying to get a 2 for 1 before halftime is the reason people are not coming to games. Give me a break. Your arguments are not just getting old and tired, but proven dead wrong. Dave Richman coached a team to 22 wins, a conference championship, and could be the coach of the year in the league. Yet you, and others dont think he is a good coach. Sorry, but facts are facts.
    fans not coming cuz of the offense and the slowness sorry
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    fans not coming cuz of the offense and the slowness sorry
    Fans love winning above all else... they'll show up to watch winners. Fans will not show up to watch losses. Worrying about "style" that doesn't lead necessarily lead to wins is waste of time and energy at this level.

Just. Win.

And the fans and recruits will follow.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Losing to teams like Utah Valley and say UND don't help much. Almost evens itself out a bit if say we beat ETSU and generate some excitement then the next game you lose to Utah Valley. Then your just back to square one.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

That said there are plenty of improvements that could be made outside of what's on the court that has already been discussed ad nauseum on this and other threads. I'd start with:

1) To the conference: Once we get back to 10 teams in the league with the addition of UMKC and St Thomas (and loss of Fort Wayne) go back to the Thursday/Saturday schedule for all league games or do a Friday/Sunday schedule every week from January 1st on. Have some better continuity with the schedule and more fans will show up at all members schools' home games.

2) To the NDSU athletic department: Make at least a half-assed effort to improve concessions at the SHAC. It was downright awful this year. Have something unique on the concourses instead of mid-to-low-grade NDSU dining options. We love to eat and the better food options you give us the more money we'll spend and the more of us will show up.