Page 101 of 365 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

don't care, sad thing is, even if ndsu lost to omaha or ORU last year in summit, they would've gave him this.

beat 4 below average D1 teams in 4 games shouldn't override 5 years of dismal-ness & lack of quality wins, sorry .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    don't care, sad thing is, even if ndsu lost to omaha or ORU last year in summit, they would've gave him this.

beat 4 below average D1 teams in 4 games shouldn't override 5 years of dismal-ness & lack of quality wins, sorry .
    I think most are aware of this and agree with you to a certain extent. But they still had to extend him as the style of play changed and they did look better.
    I think we can all be thankful that he wasnt extended for 6 years. Two years is a pretty short leash to see if HEs really gotten better as a coach.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Very fair extension and I don't have a problem with it. His second half of this year earned him the shot. Balls in his court what will he do with it?????? Will he grow as a head coach? Everyone makes mistakes, leaders recognize them and pivot and turn things in a different direction. The direction of his coaching career will be decided in the next 2 years. It is amazing what can happen when people have their back against the wall.

Short lease is correct. Dave did show a different approach the back half of last season. Sure no "signature" win. We all feel he has the talent on the roster and ones coming in that if used properly will be a very exciting team to watch. I am in on this.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Things are far from perfect but let's face it, DR could be fired and some people (cough, cough) would be unhappy with whoever was hired. The barrage of criticism for anything NDSU does never ends regardless of what happens.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

vet. absolutely untrue. there are basketball fans here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good move for both parties, DR deserved this. Screw quality wins, I'll take the most recent NCAA Tournament berth and first round win in the tournament every day. It's all about making the tournament and the Bison are the defending Summit League champion!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Good move for both parties, DR deserved this. Screw quality wins, I'll take the most recent NCAA Tournament berth and first round win in the tournament every day. It's all about making the tournament and the Bison are the defending Summit League champion!!
    For me, that's not good enough anymore. I want us to get a high enough seed to make a run in the tourney, not just be happy to be there or maybe win one game. You need quality wins OOC to be able to do that, especially in the Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    For me, that's not good enough anymore. I want us to get a high enough seed to make a run in the tourney, not just be happy to be there or maybe win one game. You need quality wins OOC to be able to do that, especially in the Summit League.
    Agreed. Can't continue with these Dickinson St or Valley City State bball games.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    vet. absolutely untrue. there are basketball fans here
    Being a basketball fan has nothing to do with my point.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix