Page 299 of 368 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3671

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

0 - 7

ZERO WINS 7 LOSSES

300's net ranking/rpi

what's the buyout & when do negotiations start?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    0 - 7

ZERO WINS 7 LOSSES

300's net ranking/rpi

what's the buyout & when do negotiations start?
    No one knows what the buyout is for being fired, as the deal was done in secret. Email Matt Larsen and ask him what it is. Or ask for a copy of the contract.
    McFeeley never said what the buyout was for being fired when he found out about the midnight deal with Matty and Davey boy when they were laughing and drinking Bartles and Jaymes in Matts basement.
    Just said there is a buyout if Dave leaves for another school. Definitely not worried about that, who would want him.

Uhmm, the Legend of the Secret Midnight Contract Extension continues to grow……chapo has repeated it so many times it is a regular part of Bisonville

The McFeely actual article:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ntication=true

Why was it done? McFeely had an idea why…….

The new contracts were not announced publicly and no local media reported on the status of Richman's and Collins' contracts until now. Given the financial challenges many athletic departments faced the last couple of years because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it's possible NDSU didn't want to publicize new contracts.
    But disregard that explanation because If you need to extend a coach in secrecy then he isnt the right coach.

When was it done?

Richman signed his latest contract in August 2020
    Oh yeah, Covid times again……
    What kind of season did NDSU have previous to this contract extension?
    25-8 (13-3 Summit)(13-1 Home) - This includes the 3 wins at the Summit League Tourney - and then on to the NCAA’s except there were none……
    Oh wait, we’ve been told It takes willful ignorance, devoid of any sophistication or nuance, to focus solely on Richman's total win-loss record without any context.
    So disregard looking at the previous year’s record, doesn’t matter……

If I read the article correctly, there were 2 years remaining on the previous contract. So if no contract extension, can anyone tell us what happens to a school’s recruiting with a lame duck coach?

But the bottom line is, if the team continues to crash & burn, then the decision of what to do becomes easy.

But as I have asked before - Where/when was that defining moment that Coach Richman should have been fired before this? That is what this has always come back to over the last few years. And where are some examples of other schools with similar records/results where the Head Coach was fired?
    Oh wait, I guess none of that matters, because we’ve been told that makes you a Richman apologist.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-28-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Uhmm, the Legend of the Secret Midnight Contract Extension continues to grow……chapo has repeated it so many times it is a regular part of Bisonville

The McFeely actual article:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ntication=true

Why was it done? McFeely had an idea why…….

When was it done?

Oh yeah, Covid times……
    What kind of season did NDSU have previous to this?
    If it wasn't a secret then why did NDSU and ML not report it right after it was done, like they do for all major sports contract extensions? Covid was a great excuse for ML to not publicly announce it.
    Mike accidentally found out about it while doing a report for another story.

Matt is the big pussy here for not having the balls to say "we extended Dave"
    His raise was like 20k? I don't think people would be freaking out about COVID and a 20k pay raise for a mens bball coach. That is what Matt wants you to think for his excuse.
    But Dave was never a great coach, he has the luxury of being in one of the worst leagues in NCAA mens basketball.

I respect that you like Dave and think he's good for us. I also respect the fact that you have no issue with the secret deal.
    Your opinion. I respect it.

My (and others) issue with Dave is that he wins in the terrible no good Summit. But when you put him in non conference against anyone stronger than a sneeze, he doesn't do so well.
    That would lead me to believe he is not recruiting the players he needs to do anything outside the Summit, and he is probably not a good recruiter/coach.

If you think NDSU basketball's peak is winning the horrible Summit every couple of years, then yes, he is probably your guy.
    If you have higher aspirations for NDSU mens basketball, then I don't think he's the guy.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 11-28-2022 at 01:25 AM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So it’s settled then, Dave must go. I came here to see what the record was since I have yet to see a W. 0-7 is typically not a good start but I’m sure he’ll turn it around and get another extension.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Dave always says that Sioux Falls is the only thing that matters. At this rate he won't make Sioux Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    Dave always says that Sioux Falls is the only thing that matters. At this rate he won't make Sioux Falls.
    It’s genius. Richman always says only the games in Sioux Falls matter. So he’s like “Dagnabbit, I suck even more than normal this year. So, if we don’t even go to Sioux Falls, they won’t see how much I suck!!”

Richman out her playing Tic Tac Toe while everyone else is playing checkers.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

next 6 games = 3-3 for sure, if they aren't 3-3 then insert laughter.

@ EWU = below average
    @Portland = average
    Montana = below average
    @WIU = below average
    @St Thomas = average
    @UND = below average

$250k/year runs through the 2024-25 season (so AFTER this season its $500k if there is no buy out clause for less) or negiotiate & offer him $300k to just go away this year & allow him to market himself for an asst job after this year)

$300k could be raised over the next 2 years with INCREASE of 1000 fans @ $20 game for 15 home games with a new coach and renewed interest in ndsu basketball. there's the math, problem solved.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

@ EWU = below average
    @Portland = average
    Montana = below average
    @WIU = below average
    @St Thomas = average
    @UND = below average

$250k/year runs through the 2024-25 season (so AFTER this season its $500k if there is no buy out clause for less) or negiotiate & offer him $300k to just go away this year & allow him to market himself for an asst job after this year)

$300k could be raised over the next 2 years with INCREASE of 1000 fans @ $20 game for 15 home games with a new coach and renewed interest in ndsu basketball. there's the math, problem solved.
    We don't have 15 home games this year. Do we typically?
    College of Business Alumnus

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@ EWU = below average
    @Portland = average
    Montana = below average
    @WIU = below average
    @St Thomas = average
    @UND = below average

I think UND beats us. I have seen a few minutes of their games and they seem better and more athletic than us. They have two nice freshman that may end up being studs.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.