Page 305 of 367 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

radio show just now.

kids ate a great Thanksgiving dinner and the young guys are learning to trust the process
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The vast, vast majority of transfers are unsuccessful. If you’re saying Dave is a good coach because all the people who bail or are forced out aren’t successful elsewhere…

Is that the basis for our program?
    I'm saying he's a serviceable coach for this level. I'm in the same boat as most everyone else feeling like his player development has been lacking but it is interesting to me seeing how the guys who were in line to be significant contributors here fared elsewhere... these aren't your typical transfer of guys buried on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm saying he's a serviceable coach for this level. I'm in the same boat as most everyone else feeling like his player development has been lacking but it is interesting to me seeing how the guys who were in line to be significant contributors here fared elsewhere... these aren't your typical transfer of guys buried on the bench.
    Serviceable? Really? Is that where we are?

I’m about as depressed that we’re in the bottom 60 programs in D1 as I would be elated that we were in the top 60.

Before I hear it, I donate more to the MBB program than the vast majority so don’t tell me it’s my responsibility to just purse-string us to victory
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Serviceable? Really? Is that where we are?

I’m about as depressed that we’re in the bottom 60 programs in D1 as I would be elated that we were in the top 60.

Before I hear it, I donate more to the MBB program than the vast majority so don’t tell me it’s my responsibility to just purse-string us to victory
    Yup, that's where we're at right now. He'll get his chance to salvage this season at the least - maybe he's coaching for his job and maybe he's not but I'd say his seat is as hot as it has ever been right now. Not sure what his buyout is but he "only" has 2 years left on his contract (pending nonrefundable secret extensions) so I don't think it's a sure thing he's brought back next year.

Anyone saying we have to throw more money at the program tell me this, how the hell did we beat a Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Oklahoma in the NCAA when those coaches had the crappy BSA to recruit to? What do you think those coaches could have done coming off that NCAA success and adding the SHAC? It's not all about throwing money at the problem and it'll just get better. I agree NDSU needs to increase it's BB funding but there's a lot to be said about finding the right coach to use that money efficiently and maximize the return. I don't think Richman is the man for the job.

Players showed way more development from freshman to seniors then anyone Richman has as HC. Hell most of his kids have left early FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Anyone saying we have to throw more money at the program tell me this, how the hell did we beat a Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Oklahoma in the NCAA when those coaches had the crappy BSA to recruit to? What do you think those coaches could have done coming off that NCAA success and adding the SHAC? It's not all about throwing money at the problem and it'll just get better. I agree NDSU needs to increase it's BB funding but there's a lot to be said about finding the right coach to use that money efficiently and maximize the return. I don't think Richman is the man for the job.

Players showed way more development from freshman to seniors then anyone Richman has as HC. Hell most of his kids have left early FFS!
    Tim Miles was a fantastic coach. Richman is nowhere near Miles in that regard. Good luck finding another Tim Miles with the amount NDSU will be offering for their head job. Richman had a team capable of winning a tournament (round of 64) game before the tournament was cancelled on them in 2020. It's reasonable to expect a team like that at NDSU every 4-5 years... it's not reasonable to expect it every year with the investment (or lack thereof) made in the program IMO.

Tim Miles was a fantastic coach. Richman is nowhere near Miles in that regard. Good luck finding another Tim Miles with the amount NDSU will be offering for their head job. Richman had a team capable of winning a tournament (round of 64) game before the tournament was cancelled on them in 2020. It's reasonable to expect a team like that at NDSU every 4-5 years... it's not reasonable to expect it every year with the investment (or lack thereof) made in the program IMO.
    Don't disagree but even if the investment doesn't change, pretty clear the person needs to change. Fresh blood, fresh perspective, new recruiting connections, new energy etc. all can make a difference.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Don't disagree but even if the investment doesn't change, pretty clear the person needs to change. Fresh blood, fresh perspective, new recruiting connections, new energy etc. all can make a difference.
    Yep, I'd say after 9 years we've found Richman's ceiling. It's probably better in the long run for both sides to move on after this season. Having the same coach for this long at a mid-major isn't an awful thing but it's not a great thing either. It's time to roll the dice again.

There has to be more Tim Miles out there to find yet. Plenty of young up and coming coaches that could probably do what Richman has as HC.

In order to win a tourney game you need ooc wins to get a 11-12 seed and stop being happy with a 15-16 seed. That's another reason we need to get rid of Richman he only cares about winning the SL and making the tourney. We'll never improve under him with that mind set.

Swap Dave and Jory.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt