Page 303 of 368 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty much agree, to start with they could quit going ultra-cheap on out of conference scheduling. Dump the sub-D1 games and get more and better D1 non-conference home games. Get better opponents into the SHAC and they'll sell more tickets. A whopping two D1 OOC home games this year is just pitiful.
    Absolutely would be an immediate change that might help them build momentum for other/larger changes to come.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We have watched some of our best players literally get worse over time. If not that, they've been getting benched and neglected until they leave. We continue to have offensive struggles and playcalling leaves me vexed often.

We get absolutely boat-raced by blue blood programs. In 10 years our biggest win was against...Indiana State in a down year for them? Oof. Look at SDSU's non-con resume in that time. Look at our non-con resume in the 10 years before Dave in comparison.

None of those have anything to do with amount of money in the program. We have been backsliding since LA graduated with Vinny's senior year being an anomaly. The bottom finally fell out this year.
    All of those are valid points. However, without money it's difficult to get rid of a mediocre coach and replace he/she with something better. UND is in the same boat with Bubba. They don't have the money to buy him out and their current salary likely isn't going to get a slam dunk, can't miss replacement so they are stuck until he retires or the program completely tanks. Anything around .500 or above just allows the status quo to be maintained.

Are the players or Coach DR to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We have watched some of our best players literally get worse over time. If not that, they've been getting benched and neglected until they leave. We continue to have offensive struggles and playcalling leaves me vexed often.

We get absolutely boat-raced by blue blood programs. In 10 years our biggest win was against...Indiana State in a down year for them? Oof. Look at SDSU's non-con resume in that time. Look at our non-con resume in the 10 years before Dave in comparison.

None of those have anything to do with amount of money in the program. We have been backsliding since LA graduated with Vinny's senior year being an anomaly. The bottom finally fell out this year.
    The best OOC win under Richman was ETSU in fall 2019. That team was tracking towards a 6 or a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament that never was. Here's the thing with that game - it was at home. It's a lot easier to beat quality teams at home but there's very little effort made to getting quality D1 opponents into the SHAC.

You're proving my point about unrealistic expectations with the comment about competing with blue bloods - that's just not going to happen. From time to time they'll catch lightning in a bottle and might be able to pick off a game (which they have had plenty of chances to do in the Richman era - remember the game at KU in the fall of 2020???) but it's silly to expect a team funded in the bottom 25% of D1 to be competitive with teams funded in the top 5% of D1.

As for the OOC being so much worse under Richman show me Saul Philips signature OOC win (outside of Oklahoma in the tournament of course) - I would guess it would be over a Notre Dame team in 2013 who didn't even make the NCAA tournament. This program isn't and never has been a giant slayer a la elite mid-majors like SFA and even UNI and you can start by looking at the basketball budgets/coaching salaries to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison09 View Post
    Who recruits the players? Who coaches the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison09 View Post
    Richman owns this mess 110%

The pattern is obvious at this point.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The best OOC win under Richman was ETSU in fall 2019. That team was tracking towards a 6 or a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament that never was. Here's the thing with that game - it was at home. It's a lot easier to beat quality teams at home but there's very little effort made to getting quality D1 opponents into the SHAC.

You're proving my point about unrealistic expectations with the comment about competing with blue bloods - that's just not going to happen. From time to time they'll catch lightning in a bottle and might be able to pick off a game (which they have had plenty of chances to do in the Richman era - remember the game at KU in the fall of 2020???) but it's silly to expect a team funded in the bottom 25% of D1 to be competitive with teams funded in the top 5% of D1.

As for the OOC being so much worse under Richman show me Saul Philips signature OOC win (outside of Oklahoma in the tournament of course) - I would guess it would be over a Notre Dame team in 2013 who didn't even make the NCAA tournament. This program isn't and never has been a giant slayer a la elite mid-majors like SFA and even UNI and you can start by looking at the basketball budgets/coaching salaries to figure out why.
    The Notre Dame team we beat had an NBA player that was suspended shortly after our game, kind of blew up their season and makes that win not as great but that team also beat three top 100 teams in nonconference had an RPI in the 30s. That team had a killer non-conference schedule....St Marys, Southern Miss, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan(RPI top 100, Delaware(RPI top 100), Towson(RPI top 100). They also went on the road and beat a decent Utah Valley squad and the refs.

That is levels beyond anything Richman can dream of doing of course Dave can't hold on to or develop his talent to get that level, we are just on a treadmill of never being good enough because somebody leaves or doesn't develop. Always a piece or two short.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 11-30-2022 at 10:43 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Richman owns this mess 110%

The pattern is obvious at this point.
    hendo kyan brown jason kemp will ryan all.left as fast as they could while Richie has ZERO job offers in 9 years. this is beyond fireable for stony brook at this point
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    All of those are valid points. However, without money it's difficult to get rid of a mediocre coach and replace he/she with something better. UND is in the same boat with Bubba. They don't have the money to buy him out and their current salary likely isn't going to get a slam dunk, can't miss replacement so they are stuck until he retires or the program completely tanks. Anything around .500 or above just allows the status quo to be maintained.
    UND's whole athletic department is in the mess that they are in because of two reasons: hockey and hockey.

1) Too much of their yearly athletics budget gets spent in a niche sport that can be successful with 1/5 the investment they make in it.
    2) They're paying a dead guy 52% of their gross ticket receipts for a hockey arena that he built them 20 years ago. It is not a coincidence that shortly after they built the REA, the athletic department started its slow march into nothingness.

But besides that, yes. Richman is our low ceiling, high floor (except this year) Bubba. Wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

No, we don't lose to blue bloods. We get annihilated by them. The Kansas game in the COVID asterisk season is the one single digit game we've had against a ranked opponent I think in Dave's tenure.

We got doubled up by Arizona last year. We lost by 40 to Gonzaga and by 30 to Arizona in back to back years before the pandemic. The highlight of Bison basketball for me in the last 10 years was playing USC close and losing by 10.

Without even going back to check, Saul had at least two better wins than Dave in less time. And he was recruiting kids to the BSA. Saul led us to the NCAA tournament in our first year of NCAA eligibility, at that point in time the only team to ever do so.

We had positive momentum, which is now lost and we are going the wrong direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*