Page 362 of 368 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hey - NDSU's MBB season did last 3 days longer than Oak Hills Christian's MBB season did. They lost in the first round of the North Regional of the NCCAA D2 tournament: https://thenccaa.org/sports/2023/8/3...nals_2024.aspx

They also lost their first game of their conference tournament: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KfkXzc/pubhtml
    As embarrassing as the Oak Hills fiasco is, it pales in comparison to the lack of leadership and direction of the program.

Reminds me of the scene from Naked Gun where the fireworks factory is exploding and Drebin is telling the crowd, "Nothing to see here." I have zero faith in Larsen making any changes.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Oh the season is done.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Wasn't seeing any no dak st or ndsu (if lardsen would call espn) on teh bottom ticker eh.

Lardsin must go!

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

12 men’s basketball coaches already out and before selection day- P6 and mid major:

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/202...aching-changes

Watching other conference tournaments now like big 12, WCC, ACC etc so I get up to speed for my pool and 90% of the head coaches talk to the players when they take them out, they put their arm sound them, encourage them, tell them what to do next time and it’s so good to see this. Idk why DR does not do this, any help here people or is mum the word? Let’s vote. I’m tired of this thread it has done nothing.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-14-2024 at 01:02 AM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We definitely let our voices be herd to Matt Larsen down at the Summit League tournament, hell I even negotiated an offer with Kyan Brown to bring him back but even though Matt knows the fan base is sick of it I don't think he's willing to make the hard decision to make a change. The sad part is we hired from outside for the women's program and looks what's happened, Jory has them competing at the top of the league, there's a coach out there that can do the same for the men and it's just not Dave. Dave's issue is that he can't win with young players, he admitted it himself in the post game and in this day in age you're just not going to end up with a team of 4 seniors that have been together for 4 years and he can't adapt to that.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s D1 here so let’s leave the young players to D2. Here is a quote from Dragons head coach on how to win in this transfer portal mess for D2 and should also apply to low mid majors:

“You learn to never be surprised," Dragons coach Tim Bergstraser said.
    MSUM, actually, has used the portal to improve more than it has been hurt by it. Bergstraser is a guy who likes finding talent, the right fits, and recruiting. He is the perfect coach for the modern era. Three of his key players this season —JaMir Price, Ja'Kair Sanchez and Jacob Jennissen — were transfers.

Depending on which players decide to return, Bergstraser might be scouring the portal again for the pieces to fill holes on the roster.” From the Forum sports section

"I think we're helped by the fact we're winning a lot of games. We've been lucky every year to have success at MSUM.
    Winning absolutely helps keep players here," Bergstraser said.

Recently Ivy League players at Dartmouth were granted University Staff status so if we are hiring players let’s hire the developed ones, not the ones that need to be developed being our coaches can’t do this skill and let’s do that NOW not in a year or two as we need to win now baby!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    It’s D1 here so let’s leave the young players to D2. Here is a quote from Dragons head coach on how to win in this transfer portal mess for D2 and should also apply to low mid majors:

MSUM, actually, has used the portal to improve more than it has been hurt by it. Bergstraser is a guy who likes finding talent, the right fits, and recruiting. He is the perfect coach for the modern era. Three of his key players this season —JaMir Price, Ja'Kair Sanchez and Jacob Jennissen — were transfers.

Depending on which players decide to return, Bergstraser might be scouring the portal again for the pieces to fill holes on the roster.” From the Forum sports section

"I think we're helped by the fact we're winning a lot of games. We've been lucky every year to have success at MSUM.

Recently Ivy League players at Dartmouth were granted University Staff status so if we are hiring players let’s hire the developed ones, not the ones that need to be developed being our coaches can’t do this skill and let’s do that NOW not in a year or two as we need to win now baby!
    Refreshing approach, can we hire him?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

That's what we should be hearing from our coach. Instead, we get "trust the process," "we need to be a better version of ourselves, " "seeding doesn't matter," "3 games in March,".....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    That's what we should be hearing from our coach. Instead, we get "trust the process," "we need to be a better version of ourselves, " "seeding doesn't matter," "3 games in March,".....
    I threw up in my mouth when I read your post.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Coming out of the Ivy League with Fartmouth U leading the way, this isnt a surprise.