Page 334 of 367 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    What about my previous post makes you think I give a single fuck about Summit league success? You’re gonna criticize me for having higher standards? Go ahead, bro.
    Well, last I checked, the conference we play in is the Summit League. So not caring about success there is confusing to me. Apparently you would rather had a win vs Kansas and then finished last in the league because who cares right? Whatever. I, along with all the other true Bison fans are going to celebrate beating the Jacks and playing in the championship game tomorrow.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Summit League is also the level we fund our program at. You can keep ordering steak at Applebee's and being mad that it's not as good as at Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse or accept the fact that Dave makes a decent steak for cooking at Applebee's.
    I’m mad that our AD bought a 10 year supply of Applebees gift cards. It’s not terrible, but I think pretty much everyone knows there is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Cmon. Making the summit finals isn’t amazing success. It should be the minimum expectation for this program. We are an above average low major basketball program. Nothing more. We don’t fund a program that will ever be more than that. Tonight was great. You know what would be even more great? Realizing those types of performances need to happen early in the year to build fan excitement and engagement so that there is momentum to fund the program at a higher level so that we could actually position ourselves to make some noise in the tournament when we get there. It’s fine to celebrate tonight’s win. It’s also reasonable to want more from this program than just success at the Summit Tourney.
    Chicken vs egg - are you likely to manufacture success and momentum playing two D1 OOC home games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well, last I checked, the conference we play in is the Summit League. So not caring about success there is confusing to me. Apparently you would rather had a win vs Kansas and then finished last in the league because who cares right? Whatever. I, along with all the other true Bison fans are going to celebrate beating the Jacks and playing in the championship game tomorrow.
    Stop with the “true Bison fan” bullshit. You’re no more of a true Bison fan than anyone else. You have a different opinion than me. That’s fine. I just feel there should be more of a push to grow our basketball programs.

Yeah you can go right ahead and fuck yourself with your “True Bison Fan” comment.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Chicken vs egg - can you manufacture success and momentum playing two D1 OOC home games?
    I feel like the funding will need to come before we’ll take the next step. We’ve had Summit success and it hasn’t translated into anything more organically. In order to build excitement there needs to be something greater than Summit success to grab and pull in fans in the FM area. As I stated earlier, the Fargo Force significantly outdraw this program. That seems like a dereliction of duty in a town that is so pro NDSU. You can create excitement by winning a few more non-con games and building on momentum from year to year. It just feels like we essentially start over every season and have to build it back up before tournament time. It makes it difficult for the casual fan to get engaged. Maybe it’s time to try a different approach.

We did it guys! We made the Summit League Championship! All TRUE BISON FANS UNITE and celebrate this accomplishment! Pack it in. Nothing more to accomplish! Great work team and true fans. We did it.

Haha! Don’t know a lot of fans who rip on the head coach after winning a postseason game….
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Haha! Don’t know a lot of fans who rip on the head coach after winning a postseason game….
    We did it, man! Just enjoy it!

I’m not criticizing Dave. I tend to agree with the sentiment that he’s done well with the resources he’s been given. However, even within that it seems like Dave is comfortable being the lifetime coach of NDSU, which is not good for a program in our position. When both sides seem to be content with a .600 overall win percentage in a conference as weak as the Summit, than that sends a message to the fanbase that this is all there is. Maybe it is, but if that I true there will continue to be 1800 fans in the SHAC and very little excitement to build on.