Page 327 of 367 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

the culture & the process peel themselves here at ndsu
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Had a sports psychologist visit my son's swim team several years ago. In his presentation to parents he gave great advice.

There are 4 roles in an athletic competition. Each person should fill one and only one roll.

Parents parent
    Coaches coach
    Players play
    Officials officiate

If we all did this, youth and high school sports would be so much better. Get your kids to and from practice and games. Cheer for them and their teammates. Hug them after. Keep doing that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Damn officials.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Had a sports psychologist visit my son's swim team several years ago. In his presentation to parents he gave great advice.

There are 4 roles in an athletic competition. Each person should fill one and only one roll.

Parents parent
    Coaches coach
    Players play
    Officials officiate

If we all did this, youth and high school sports would be so much better. Get your kids to and from practice and games. Cheer for them and their teammates. Hug them after. Keep doing that.

Good advice. Unfortunately I coach my kid and it is really difficult as I am clearly harder on him than anybody else. Makes me wonder if I should coach my own kids.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Good advice. Unfortunately I coach my kid and it is really difficult as I am clearly harder on him than anybody else. Makes me wonder if I should coach my own kids.
    I think every parent-coach ever has said the same thing about coaching their own kid.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Parents parent
    Coaches coach
    Players play
    Officials officiate

Part of parenting is telling your kids if they want to participate in something they need to put in the effort. For basketball that means not standing around watching the shot, but getting your ass in there and fighting for the rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Part of parenting is telling your kids if they want to participate in something they need to put in the effort. For basketball that means not standing around watching the shot, but getting your ass in there and fighting for the rebound.
    Or just coach the kids to make every shot so everyone can just stand around and watch instead of exerting all that energy on rebounding.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What cuddling fathers you all must have had. First thing I ask my kid after his games are the things he did wrong. Then tell him he doesn't crash the boards hard enough. Dave would have you all bawling in your rooms cause he doesn't hug you enough.
    If your company had the best employees quiting year after year after year, when would you blame leadership? Or would it be their parents fault too? Wins and losses seem irrelevant when the program is constantly a spiraling mess.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    If your company had the best employees quiting year after year after year, when would you blame leadership? Or would it be their parents fault too? Wins and losses seem irrelevant when the program is constantly a spiraling mess.
    This is not a accurate representation of what’s been happening
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    This is not a accurate representation of what’s been happening
    Yeah it’s more like…

“If your company had the best employees getting poached by better companies offering them more money and better chance to prolong their career at the next level, when would you blame leadership, or would it be HR’s fault, too?”
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Richman says "what a heck of a win"

has there been a more embarrassing win? the 296th ranked usd gave that away and grant nelson doesn't get a touch the last 3 possessions? how is that possible?

luckiest 13-16 team in ncaa history. 2 fgs in last 9 min
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?