Page 178 of 365 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

so no reasonable rebuttles, just personal potshots. got it.

You know some of you'd be happy being Valley City State fans.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Nothing to refute, you get to have your opinion. I just wish you would stop sharing the same opinion by complaining over and over and over about it. Doing this isn’t changing anyone’s mind and isn’t helping your cause. Neither is the constant exaggerations.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Nothing to refute, you get to have your opinion. I just wish you would stop sharing the same opinion by complaining over and over and over about it. Doing this isn’t changing anyone’s mind and isn’t helping your cause. Neither is the constant exaggerations.
    I have a really cool and educational story that Chapo might find interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol I provided reasonable rebuttals twice and you responded with even more exaggerated BS so it was pretty obvious there's no such thing as reasoning with you. In order for reasonable responses you have to be able to be reasoned with and that just isn't the case

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Lol I provided reasonable rebuttals twice and you responded with even more exaggerated BS so it was pretty obvious there's no such thing as reasoning with you. In order for reasonable responses you have to be able to be reasoned with and that just isn't the case
    I thought I had a fine rebuttal, You think the summit is Elite and said i'd only like 28-0 I responded saying go 24-4 or 22-6
    even after 2 denver wins, we will still NOT have a quality win in 2021 season.
    and we lost to a trash 300 ranked und team.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I thought I had a fine rebuttal, You think the summit is Elite and said i'd only like 28-0 I responded saying go 24-4 or 22-6
    even after 2 denver wins, we will still NOT have a quality win in 2021 season.
    and we lost to a trash 300 ranked und team.
    Apparently you can't read either, I never said the Summit league is elite but it's definitely not trash, the league typically falls in the middle of the road in RPI. Every win is a quality win in this crazy ass season and UND isn't as bad as their NET ranking, they have a win over ORU as well and we are still 2-1 against them this year. If you'd actually watch the games instead of just bitch about them you might see this team is actually one to be excited about.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A. The basketball program, not the football program, is our ticket to a better conference. Pretty tough to make the leap from a low major conference (Summit) to a top tier G5 conference (MWC.)

B. Despite being well ahead of schedule with this team (huge props to Richman), Chapo is right, a lack of quality or signature wins has dogged this program for 7 years. I don't care what the nanny's and kool aid drinkers say on here, the expectation should be to make some noise in March every few years and you can't do that as a 15 seed. Signature wins matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    A. The basketball program, not the football program, is our ticket to a better conference. Pretty tough to make the leap from a low major conference (Summit) to a top tier G5 conference (MWC.)

B. Despite being well ahead of schedule with this team (huge props to Richman), Chapo is right, a lack of quality or signature wins has dogged this program for 7 years. I don't care what the nanny's and kool aid drinkers say on here, the expectation should be to make some noise in March every few years and you can't do that as a 15 seed. Signature wins matter.
    Why should that be the expectation given the support (or lack thereof) put into the program? Put me in the nannys and kool-aid drinkers group I guess because IMO a team like they had in 2013/2014 is more like a once every 15-20 years type team not a once every few years team. My expectation given the current level of support is that they're in the top half of the Summit League every year (aka contending for a title) and that they win the Summit League at least once for every recruiting class. I expect that they'll be a 14 seed or lower when they make the tournament given the profile and pedigree of programs in the SL, a round of 64 win happens about every 4-5 trips to the tourney, and a Sweet Sixteen run maybe once or twice in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why should that be the expectation given the support (or lack thereof) put into the program? Put me in the nannys and kool-aid drinkers group I guess because IMO a team like they had in 2013/2014 is more like a once every 15-20 years type team not a once every few years team. My expectation given the current level of support is that they're in the top half of the Summit League every year (aka contending for a title) and that they win the Summit League at least once for every recruiting class. I expect that they'll be a 14 seed or lower when they make the tournament given the profile and pedigree of programs in the SL, a round of 64 win happens about every 4-5 trips to the tourney, and a Sweet Sixteen run maybe once or twice in a lifetime.
    Yeah I'm not really sure I understand the expectations given the relative lack of support. Some seem to expect NDSU to be consistently punching above our weight.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

The best way to make some noise in March is to be participating in March. I think our league is finally going to be on the upswing, especially with the add of St. Thomas next year so that will help seeding in the tournament as well. Signature wins definitely help seeding and I'm just as tired of not seeing them as anybody else but as long as we are still dancing come March I'm not going to complain too much. As long as you keep yourself off the 16 line you give yourself a chance, there's a lot more parity in college basketball these days with transfer rules so it's less important to get down to that 12 line as the quality of teams isn't as different, it's much more about matchup. If we can make the tournament every year as a 14 or 15 and then jump it up to the 12 or 13 line every couple of trips in I'd call it a success. Sometimes avoiding bad losses can be more important that getting good wins as our team last year proved. We were likely headed for the 15 line due to bad losses against Stoney Brook and Utah Valley. Looking at this team I definitely think if everybody returns next year and all the young guys have a full season under their belt we will find a W against a power 5 team if we can get some scheduled.