Page 229 of 365 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Dave is going to get extended. Extension might not be long term but he's not getting fired.

His recruiting has been pretty decent and don't we have a stud G coming in next year? Player development, style of play and in-game decisions continue to be areas of weakness. Not to mention some of the guys we've had who left the team.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Fire Richman crowd has been wrong for the last X amount of years and I still stand by that. This year they're right and I'm with you.

Or... perhaps it's more apt to say "don't renew Richman" rather than fire him. There's a reason he's a lame duck coach despite 2 conference titles and a razor thin championship game loss (to a Sweet 16 team) in the last 3 seasons. The only thing that saves his job this year is a Summit League tourney title... and at this point I'm not even sure that's the best thing for the program moving forward. We need a new captain of this ship.
    No, we’ve been right, it’s just that you’ve taken longer to see it. Our regression has been hidden by the slow, epic demise of the summit. “Dave just performs well when it counts in conference” people been saying it for years. Yeah, cuz the summit has gone from a top 12-13 conference to #25. Remember when we used to laugh at the Big Sky? Ha, wow they’d eat the Summit’s lunch this year.

There’s a reason why when they’ve polled all coaches in the summit, NDSU is their #1 destination. Dave has done well in conference, I think any good coach should be able to replicate that. I think we need to be shooting for higher than that and I’ve never thought Dave was capable of getting us there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

IF Richman is let go after this year(or next) we need to double the salary for the position. We have to start growing basketball as a premier sport. We can give both football and basketball the support they deserve.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    IF Richman is let go after this year(or next) we need to double the salary for the position. We have to start growing basketball as a premier sport. We can give both football and basketball the support they deserve.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes, this x 1,000. The ROI of having an excellent basketball team would change perception from being a cute little football school to a school having a more complete athletic department.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No, we’ve been right, it’s just that you’ve taken longer to see it. Our regression has been hidden by the slow, epic demise of the summit. “Dave just performs well when it counts in conference” people been saying it for years. Yeah, cuz the summit has gone from a top 12-13 conference to #25. Remember when we used to laugh at the Big Sky? Ha, wow they’d eat the Summit’s lunch this year.

There’s a reason why when they’ve polled all coaches in the summit, NDSU is their #1 destination. Dave has done well in conference, I think any good coach should be able to replicate that. I think we need to be shooting for higher than that and I’ve never thought Dave was capable of getting us there.

I think we need to be shooting for higher than that and I’ve never thought Dave was capable of getting us there YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

we should schedule a Power 5 each year or two----and beat one of them---at least every other year

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I think we need to be shooting for higher than that and I’ve never thought Dave was capable of getting us there YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

we should schedule a Power 5 each year or two----and beat one of them---at least every other year
    I’m all for shooting for the stars but am seeing this as years away goal not in a year or two
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’m all for shooting for the stars but am seeing this as years away goal not in a year or two
    I agree that it is a years away goal for us as fans. Not so sure it is for the administration. They and state media constantly yap about Dave's success in the Summit League Tournament. Gross. In a similar way some of us are tired of winning every FCS championship we are sick of winning the SLT, getting a 15/16 seed and not being competitive against higher competition.

Dave is a high floor/low ceiling coach, which at this school is going to keep him in the job for a long time. Miss guys like Saul and Tim who shot for the stars, I will gladly take a few lean years for greatness instead of this treadmill of mediocrity. Just hard to get excited about this program and I love basketball.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave is a high floor/low ceiling coach, which at this school is going to keep him in the job for a long time. Miss guys like Saul and Tim who shot for the stars, I will gladly take a few lean years for greatness instead of this treadmill of mediocrity. Just hard to get excited about this program and I love basketball.
    Ya, no kidding. Especially with Mr. Play-It-Safe as Dave's boss
    *one day later*

I'm not even close to a Richman hater, but his inability to recruit or develop a point guard for the past two years wouldn't have me questioning the decision not to renew his contract after this year if that happens. He's been a good coach but definitely feels like the program has plateaued. Have to question if that's the result of the coaching or limitations of summit conference membership.

I think we could do both better AND worse. THIS is really Matt Larson's biggest decision of his job at NDSU. Growth of the MBB program is the next step for the entire Athletic Department. Football has been at the point of diminishing returns since before he got here.

FWIW, I think despite the loses the SHAC crowds have gotten more involved in the games this year. I fear though that without wins, that will fade quickly.