Page 142 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

College Basketball Question: What is a 'Mid-Major'?

https://herosports.com/news/college-...ens-basketball
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    UNI is currently receiving votes in both the AP and coaches poll. Ranking in the 32-35 range.
    What does he make and does it take from the fb program?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

900 K.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...ed/1407908001/
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Take from FB? UNI is a basketball school.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    In My opinion whether you are Low,Mid, or high Major is rather fluid. As a rule of thumb I'd classify it using the Sagarin Ratings as . . .

IN RANK ORDER:
    1-10 High Major Leagues. B1G, BE, B12, ACC, SEC, P12, AAC, WCC, A10, MWC
    11-21 Mid Major Leagues. MAC(2), MVC, SoCon, SBC, CUSA, IVY, CAA, BSC, SL, Hor
    22-33 Low Major Leagues. WAC, Patriot, BigW, MetroA, AmEast, OVC, ASUN, NEC, SLand, BigS, SWAC, MEAC

So I'm wrong about Gonzaga's League . . . the WCC would be High Major by my definition.

The Only League in the TOP 10 in the Mid-Major Poll is #8, WCC. All the Leagues 11-33 are in the Mid-Major Poll, so this would be a pretty solid breakdown for High, Mid, Low.
    Agreed—win the games you should, and some you “shouldn’t” and you’ll eliminate the low mid-major reference. That’s the problem with NDSU MBB in terms of how they are “ranked” in the grand scheme of CBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You guys are arguing semantics at this point. By definition NDSU is a mid-major program and the Summit is a mid-major league but there's a big gap between NDSU and the Summit and Dayton/Gonzaga and the A10/WCC even though they're all mid-majors. You can call the Summit a "one bid league" or you you can call it a "low major" or you can call it whatever you want... the point is it's a bottom third league in D1. There's just as big of a gap between the Summit and the A10 as there is between the A10 and the ACC.
    You are talking about the A10 and WCC like all the teams are as good as Dayton/Gonzaga. Not true . . . That’s like saying every team in the SEC FB is Alabama, or every team in the MVFC is as good as NDSU. Just not true.

In the 14 team A10, there are 7 teams ranked higher than Ndsu at 120. In the 10 team WCC, 4 teams are ranked higher than Ndsu.

There are 353 DI college bb teams, so you could say . . .
    1-120 high major
    121-240 mid major
    241-354 low major

SDSU/NDSU 119/120
    OR/USD/Omaha 158/174/225
    UND/PFW/W IL/Denver 252/260/328/329

Also, you say that having 1 bid league makes you a low major? Disagree. The MVC/A10/WCC could all be 1 bid leagues if UNI/Dayton/Gonzaga win their tournaments. No one would call those leagues low majors.
    Last edited by Herd; 02-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.

On this year’s Sagarin, at least,
    Kansas City is 222
    Ft Wayne 260, also Oakland is 224, IUPUI 326

2020 Summit - 20
    2019 Summit - 23
    2018 Summit - 16
    2017 Summit - 15
    2016 Summit - 18

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    You are talking about the A10 and WCC like all the teams are as good as Dayton/Gonzaga. Not true . . . That’s like saying every team in the SEC FB is Alabama, or every team in the MVFC is as good as NDSU. Just not true.

In the 14 team A10, there are 7 teams ranked higher than Ndsu at 120. In the 10 team WCC, 4 teams are ranked higher than Ndsu.

There are 353 DI college bb teams, so you could say . . .
    1-120 high major
    121-240 mid major
    241-354 low major

SDSU/NDSU 119/120
    OR/USD/Omaha 158/174/225
    UND/PFW/W IL/Denver 252/260/328/329

Also, you say that having 1 bid league makes you a low major? Disagree. The MVC/A10/WCC could all be 1 bid leagues if UNI/Dayton/Gonzaga win their tournaments. No one would call those leagues low majors.
    I'm comparing NDSU to Dayton and Gonzaga because they're the best teams in each respective league (quiet down bunny lurkers). You can spin the numbers however you want but the A10 and WCC are way ahead of the Summit as a whole. It's possible the A10 and WCC only put one team in the tourney but very unlikely. St Mary's and BYU in the WCC and Rhode Island in the A10 are set up pretty well for at-larges if they don't tank. More often than not those leagues will get multiple bids in the tourney. The Summit has never been all that close to putting a second team in the tourney.

So it's fine to call NDSU and the Summit mid-majors but there's a pretty big gap, as a team and a league, between them and the elite mid-major teams and leagues.

This pissing match is entertaining. In my opinion we are a mid major, but a low mid major. A true mid major conference is a threat to be a two bid league. So realistically, the Summit womens bball conference is more of a true mid major as it has a ranked team and has a chance to be a two big league again.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This pissing match is entertaining. In my opinion we are a mid major, but a low mid major. A true mid major conference is a threat to be a two bid league. So realistically, the Summit womens bball conference is more of a true mid major as it has a ranked team and has a chance to be a two big league again.
    I think you nailed it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]