Page 141 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well as far as I’m concerned with our record we should not have lost to Stoney Brook, Utah freaking Valley and Oral Roberts. Would it make much difference rank wise probably not but sitting at 23-4 sounds better than 20-7. In all honesty we should have won agains Indian St too. 24-3 going into the SLT would have give us a pretty decent seed in the NCAA tournament if we are so fortunate enough to get there. Just absolutely need to win the games that our program is capable of winning. As much as I try watch (hard for me to do) this is what my view of the program is from afar. We are at the cusp of breaking the MBB team wide open and making some real noise nationally every year if the right cards fall.
    For every win we overachieve against a better team (ETSU), there are losses against teams you should beat, and the ratio is probably not in the favor of the mid major team very often. I love the high expectations, but as others have stated, they’re a little unrealistic right now, and I don’t think we can expect it consistently.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Stony Brook is 17-9, a team we should beat but it wasn't exactly horrific.

Utah Valley though...that is a stinker.

That said, win out and we are in my opinion a rock solid 14 seed.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    For every win we overachieve against a better team (ETSU), there are losses against teams you should beat, and the ratio is probably not in the favor of the mid major team very often. I love the high expectations, but as others have stated, they’re a little unrealistic right now, and I don’t think we can expect it consistently.
    But you see, I don’t see beating ETSU an overachievement. We SHOULD be competing against teams like that. Hell I think we played very well against Marquette with a slight chance at a win.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Stony Brook is 17-9, a team we should beat but it wasn't exactly horrific.

Utah Valley though...that is a stinker.

That said, win out and we are in my opinion a rock solid 14 seed.
    Both SDSU and us would be slated a 14 seed right now. If either team were to win out they would be a lock as 14 and if the correct upsets happened could be move up to the 13 line if the cards fell right.

If we dont lose that Utah Valley game i think we could really be talking 13 seed.....that was a brutal home loss. Still long ways to go and games to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Your not right, Tony is! There is no suppose. There is no Low Major. There is a list of Mid Major conferences. I suggest you look at it.
    Gonzaga, Creighton etc...the cream of the mid majors...the difference between hoops and football, all DI programs have a chance to win it all! There is no Cinderella in FBS football!
    That being said, guys like you do push hoops. I can respect that.
    You guys are arguing semantics at this point. By definition NDSU is a mid-major program and the Summit is a mid-major league but there's a big gap between NDSU and the Summit and Dayton/Gonzaga and the A10/WCC even though they're all mid-majors. You can call the Summit a "one bid league" or you you can call it a "low major" or you can call it whatever you want... the point is it's a bottom third league in D1. There's just as big of a gap between the Summit and the A10 as there is between the A10 and the ACC.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You guys are arguing semantics at this point. By definition NDSU is a mid-major program and the Summit is a mid-major league but there's a big gap between NDSU and the Summit and Dayton/Gonzaga and the A10/WCC even though they're all mid-majors. You can call the Summit a "one bid league" or you you can call it a "low major" or you can call it whatever you want... the point is it's a bottom third league in D1. There's just as big of a gap between the Summit and the A10 as there is between the A10 and the ACC.

Gonzaga's league would be mid-Major, but you'd have to classify Gonzaga easily as a high major program in a Mid-Major League . . . that they win nearly every year.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well as far as I’m concerned with our record we should not have lost to Stoney Brook, Utah freaking Valley and Oral Roberts. Would it make much difference rank wise probably not but sitting at 23-4 sounds better than 20-7. In all honesty we should have won agains Indian St too. 24-3 going into the SLT would have give us a pretty decent seed in the NCAA tournament if we are so fortunate enough to get there. Just absolutely need to win the games that our program is capable of winning. As much as I try watch (hard for me to do) this is what my view of the program is from afar. We are at the cusp of breaking the MBB team wide open and making some real noise nationally every year if the right cards fall.
    Looking back UVSU was a bad loss. Stony Brook isnt bad, it is what it is. At Oral Roberts isnt too surprising.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In My opinion whether you are Low,Mid, or high Major is rather fluid. As a rule of thumb I'd classify it using the Sagarin Ratings as . . .

IN RANK ORDER:
    1-10 High Major Leagues. B1G, BE, B12, ACC, SEC, P12, AAC, WCC, A10, MWC
    11-21 Mid Major Leagues. MAC(2), MVC, SoCon, SBC, CUSA, IVY, CAA, BSC, SL, Hor
    22-33 Low Major Leagues. WAC, Patriot, BigW, MetroA, AmEast, OVC, ASUN, NEC, SLand, BigS, SWAC, MEAC

So I'm wrong about Gonzaga's League . . . the WCC would be High Major by my definition.

The Only League in the TOP 10 in the Mid-Major Poll is #8, WCC. All the Leagues 11-33 are in the Mid-Major Poll, so this would be a pretty solid breakdown for High, Mid, Low.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    In My opinion whether you are Low,Mid, or high Major is rather fluid. As a rule of thumb I'd classify it using the Sagarin Ratings as . . .

IN RANK ORDER:
    1-10 High Major Leagues. B1G, BE, B12, ACC, SEC, P12, AAC, WCC, A10, MWC
    11-21 Mid Major Leagues. MAC(2), MVC, SoCon, SBC, CUSA, IVY, CAA, BSC, SL, Hor
    22-33 Low Major Leagues. WAC, Patriot, BigW, MetroA, AmEast, OVC, ASUN, NEC, SLand, BigS, SWAC, MEAC

So I'm wrong about Gonzaga's League . . . the WCC would be High Major by my definition.

The Only League in the TOP 10 in the Mid-Major Poll is #8, WCC. All the Leagues 11-33 are in the Mid-Major Poll, so this would be a pretty solid breakdown for High, Mid, Low.
    I pretty much agree with this but High Majors are pretty set due to TV contracts, would take a lot for them to fall to the Mid level. Going from Mid to Low only takes a few bad years. The whole conference has to commit to being an upper Mid Level program and work together in my opinion to make sure they move up and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    you said it better than me. kudos
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?