Page 177 of 184 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1837

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

  1. #1761
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,788

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1 W. und
    2 wins wiu
    2 wins omaha

    Gehrig, Mantle, Ruth for sure.
    try #300, #315 , #278 in net rankings
    Shocking that you managed to cleverly omit South Dakota from this list, even though they were on your previous list of NDSU victories so far this season. It’s almost like you have a long-game agenda......the Chapped Lako affect - rinse repeat......

    NET rankings

    SDSU - 94
    ORU - 164
    NDSU - 167
    USD - 172

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo

    appreciate that.
    my biggest issue is this:
    another year without a signature Power 5 win, rinse repeat

    hell we dont have a good win YET this year

    2 W. und
    1 W usd
    2 wins wiu
    2 wins omaha

  2. #1762
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    6,773

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Whine. Hyperbole. Bitch. Exaggerations.

    Rinse. Repeat.

    Nearly 200 posts in this thread by El Chapo and I challenge anyone to find a post that is both true and close to intelligent. Fuck El Chapo.

  3. #1763
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    3,649

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    In order for us to be a "high mid-major", wouldn't we need to be in a significantly better conference?

    I dont find the term to be particularly useful when its used to describe everyone(or almost everyone) outside of the P5 in a sport like basketball.

    Anyway, its whatever. Its not fun to lose to UND, but that is going to happen sometimes and you don't need to be a basketball genius to see that.

    As far as I can tell, NDSU men's basketball has taken a pretty big step up in success since their D2 days, but we are never going to be some ass kicking low/mid major team very often. Hell when we did have a badass team in 2013-14 and beat the real UND in South Bend, we still got pimp slapped in Grand Forks if I recall correctly. Shit happens.

    I'm hoping this Nelson kid continues to shine and Skunberg turns into a very good player. Having a couple of local kids tearing it up should gin up some interest and build some of the Chapo-desired hype around the basketball program over the next couple years.
    College of Business Alumnus

  4. #1764
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    16,722
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Whine. Hyperbole. Bitch. Exaggerations.

    Rinse. Repeat.

    Nearly 200 posts in this thread by El Chapo and I challenge anyone to find a post that is both true and close to intelligent. Fuck El Chapo.
    Found 1 !!

    "my biggest issue is this:
    another year without a signature Power 5 win, rinse repeat

    hell we dont have a good win YET this year'
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  5. #1765
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1 W. und
    2 wins wiu
    2 wins omaha

    Gehrig, Mantle, Ruth for sure.
    try #300, #315 , #278 in net rankings
    For the sake of argument, let's say NDSU pulls off the win at TCU. They still lose one to UND. We're sitting at 8-6/5-1.

    Do you have a different take on how this season is going? Different take on the trajectory of the program? I say no.

  6. #1766
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    16,722
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    its the same every year JD. "Oh sooo close to a big win" & "lets just win 3 in march then get beat by 30 to Duke, that's all that matters"

    26-4 record with 2 Power 5 wins gets us up to a #12 or #11 seed and a legit shot at an upset. (been 7 looooong years my friend)
    Gimme some Buzz.
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  7. #1767
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    1,590

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its the same every year JD. "Oh sooo close to a big win" & "lets just win 3 in march then get beat by 30 to Duke, that's all that matters"

    26-4 record with 2 Power 5 wins gets us up to a #12 or #11 seed and a legit shot at an upset. (been 7 looooong years my friend)
    Gimme some Buzz.
    I'd rather not get a power 5 win during the regular season and make the NCAA tournament than the opposite. Yes, Power 5 wins help seeding but the seeding doesn't matter if you don't make it. I just don't get what your issue is with the program, other than Gonzaga is there really a mid-major out there that has had it that much better than us. Especially one in the midwest? You could point to UNI having some success but they haven't made the tournament since 2016. There's been the VCU's and Wichita St's but now have moved on to bigger conferences but as far as programs at our level of college basketball I'd say we have it pretty damn good. Would I like to see some power 5 wins, absolutely, more than anything else other than making the tournament. Do I think we are on our way to getting there, also absolutely. With the offense we are running this year being a little more open, if Dave continues to build on it, we will continue to have more and more success. I feel like we could go 28-0 and make it to the sweet 16 and you'd come on here and bitch about how we didn't win the national championship....it's gotten old, find a new hobby.

  8. #1768
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,561
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I'd rather not get a power 5 win during the regular season and make the NCAA tournament than the opposite. Yes, Power 5 wins help seeding but the seeding doesn't matter if you don't make it. I just don't get what your issue is with the program, other than Gonzaga is there really a mid-major out there that has had it that much better than us. Especially one in the midwest? You could point to UNI having some success but they haven't made the tournament since 2016. There's been the VCU's and Wichita St's but now have moved on to bigger conferences but as far as programs at our level of college basketball I'd say we have it pretty damn good. Would I like to see some power 5 wins, absolutely, more than anything else other than making the tournament. Do I think we are on our way to getting there, also absolutely. With the offense we are running this year being a little more open, if Dave continues to build on it, we will continue to have more and more success. I feel like we could go 28-0 and make it to the sweet 16 and you'd come on here and bitch about how we didn't win the national championship....it's gotten old, find a new hobby.
    Frankly I'm pretty excited about the young core of players. Really building a solid base of guy with talent and length.

  9. #1769
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    16,722
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I'd rather not get a power 5 win during the regular season and make the NCAA tournament than the opposite. Yes, Power 5 wins help seeding but the seeding doesn't matter if you don't make it. I just don't get what your issue is with the program, other than Gonzaga is there really a mid-major out there that has had it that much better than us. Especially one in the midwest? You could point to UNI having some success but they haven't made the tournament since 2016. There's been the VCU's and Wichita St's but now have moved on to bigger conferences but as far as programs at our level of college basketball I'd say we have it pretty damn good. Would I like to see some power 5 wins, absolutely, more than anything else other than making the tournament. Do I think we are on our way to getting there, also absolutely. With the offense we are running this year being a little more open, if Dave continues to build on it, we will continue to have more and more success. I feel like we could go 28-0 and make it to the sweet 16 and you'd come on here and bitch about how we didn't win the national championship....it's gotten old, find a new hobby.
    with the trash schedules we throw out especially with the summit's strength, we should go 28-0 or at least 24-4. (lose to Ku, Creight,TCU )
    Hey, I want the Basketball Program in a better position and NOT losing to a #300 ranked team and at LEAST 1 good win.. we don't have 1 this year
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  10. #1770
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    6,773

    Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    with the trash schedules we throw out especially with the summit's strength, we should go 28-0 or at least 24-4. (lose to Ku, Creight,TCU )
    Hey, I want the Basketball Program in a better position and NOT losing to a #300 ranked team and at LEAST 1 good win.. we don't have 1 this year
    Complain. Exaggerate. Rinse. Repeat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •