Page 140 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    A sweet 16 appearance, a top 5 seed in the NCAA tournament, a win over the #1 ranked team in the country on their (UNI's) home court and in the tournament, numerous top 25 rankings and top 25 votes this year.
    Was that before or after his big contract?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Sweet 16 appearance and win over the #1 team was before then. It's been since then that they got the 5 seed in the tourney, win over North Carolina (who was the #1 team in the country at the time) in Cedar Falls, and additional top 25 ranking including a few weeks in the top 10 IIRC. I'd say he's earned it.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

UNI is currently receiving votes in both the AP and coaches poll. Ranking in the 32-35 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Apparently people are ready to crown their asses. I for one am not. They are playing well and beating Summit League teams which we all expected them to do this year. Let's see what they do in the SL tourney and hopefully NCAA before we start crowning anyone. In fact I won't be surprised if they lose to the Jacks next week. I'm still not impressed with Dave's development of players, our bench didn't even play much last night. If not for Shahid and Ward I'm not sure everyone would be so thrilled.
    I agree that we shouldn't be too surprised or heaping too much adulation on everyone for the team being where most of us expected they'd be at the start of the year. However, when this thread was started roughly 15 months ago how many people thought they would be in the situation they're in now? With a 1400 post and counting thread in 15 months questioning the coach on a board as light traffic as the MBB board you wouldn't think this team is coming off an NCAA tournament appearance last year and has been wire-to-wire at the top of the league standings this year.

I think Richman deserves criticism for some of the things he does. I also think it's a bit ridiculous that his job security is being questioned right now given the team he's put together and the job he's done in the last year and a half. If they drop their SL tourney opener then it would be warranted. But his team is going to finish at least in the top 2 in the Summit League in the regular season.

And I'd be very surprised if this team loses to SDSU at home next Thursday... they should've beat them in Brookings earlier this year. They've got a much more veteran team and they've lost to those guys a lot over the last few years. SDSU isn't particularly good on the road either. This is basically the same Bison team that led SDSU in Fargo wire-to-wire last year until a banked in half-courter at the 2nd half buzzer and that was with a generational talent on SDSU's squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't be too surprised for the team being where most of us expected they'd be at the start of the year. However, when this thread was started roughly 15 months ago how many people thought they would be in the situation they're in now? With a 1400 post and counting thread in 15 months questioning the coach on a board as light traffic as the MBB board you wouldn't think this team is coming off an NCAA tournament appearance last year and has been wire-to-wire at the top of the league standings this year.
    Keep Dave's feet to the fire, apparently it helps, we shall see when the final results are tallied. Again coming into this season it was the NCAA or bust, bust is still an option.......just sayin

I actually wanted more, a win over K-State or even a couple other non-con wins would have set this team up for a possible 12 seed. I still think 15 is the max right now, maybe a 14.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    No, we don't agree on that. What the hell is a low major?

Do Summit League teams get voted on in the mid-major poll? Yes.

Are NDSU players eligible for the Lou Henson Award? Yes.

Not a fan of people trying to "down brand" NDSU but you seem to be making it your special mission in life. "FCS Sucks. Summit League Sucks. I'm bored. I need to tell everybody every freaking day how terrible NDSU's situation is." Sound like anybody you know?
    Tony please put Lakes back on moderation or banned, majority of people are sick of his crap
    FCS Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2014: Sams Rams 2015: Taper 2016: CalBison97 2017: JDZ 2018: Bookem 2019: MrPepBand 2020: ndsubison1 2021: MrPepBand 2022: HuskerBizon and gavin2126 2023: TransAmBison
    FBS G5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2023: KSBisonFan
    FBS P5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: BraxtonT 2021: TransAmBison 2022: Taper 2023: oldmantutters
    NFL Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: HuskerBizon 2022: KSBisonFan 2023: MrPepBand

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBizon View Post
    Tony please put Lakes back on moderation or banned, majority of people are sick of his crap
    we are having a relevant conversation in regards to NDSU basketball and its future and its standing right now.
    Don't see how this should hurt anyone's feelings.

Tony is right and I am right. the majority of college basketball fans see Mid Majors as Gonzaga, Creighton, Wichita, Northern Iowa.. but since a few of them have moved up, I suppose everyone below P5 can be considered "Mid Majors" now.

I will make it my sole mission to PACK THE SHAC next thursday, both guns blazing. Lets GO !!

Until NDSU fans back NDSU basketball at least 50% of what they back NDSU Football, then this thread is revelant. there was 422 people watching NDSU at PFW a few weeks back on the stream. 422! The program should be getting more buzz. period. we all agree on that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I was very critical of Rich last season and even during this one. We're having a very good season, as I see this team finally living up to their potential. I hope that carries over to Sioux Falls, as the only team truly standing in our way are the Jacks. I think it's obvious now Rich is going to be here awhile, lets just enjoy this season.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we are having a relevant conversation in regards to NDSU basketball and its future and its standing right now.
    Don't see how this should hurt anyone's feelings.

Tony is right and I am right. the majority of college basketball fans see Mid Majors as Gonzaga, Creighton, Wichita, Northern Iowa.. but since a few of them have moved up, I suppose everyone below P5 can be considered "Mid Majors" now.

I will make it my sole mission to PACK THE SHAC next thursday, both guns blazing. Lets GO !!

Until NDSU fans back NDSU basketball at least 50% of what they back NDSU Football, then this thread is revelant. there was 422 people watching NDSU at PFW a few weeks back on the stream. 422! The program should be getting more buzz. period. we all agree on that.
    Your not right, Tony is! There is no suppose. There is no Low Major. There is a list of Mid Major conferences. I suggest you look at it.
    Gonzaga, Creighton etc...the cream of the mid majors...the difference between hoops and football, all DI programs have a chance to win it all! There is no Cinderella in FBS football!
    That being said, guys like you do push hoops. I can respect that.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well as far as I’m concerned with our record we should not have lost to Stoney Brook, Utah freaking Valley and Oral Roberts. Would it make much difference rank wise probably not but sitting at 23-4 sounds better than 20-7. In all honesty we should have won agains Indian St too. 24-3 going into the SLT would have give us a pretty decent seed in the NCAA tournament if we are so fortunate enough to get there. Just absolutely need to win the games that our program is capable of winning. As much as I try watch (hard for me to do) this is what my view of the program is from afar. We are at the cusp of breaking the MBB team wide open and making some real noise nationally every year if the right cards fall.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS