Page 170 of 365 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea, so you need a PRODUCT that is ENTERTAINING to bring MORE FANS into the stands to create MORE REVENUE.
    and you know, produce 1 big win in 5 years would help too.
    That was basically Erv Innigers entire tenure, and it culminated in something like 1 Conference Championship in his 14 year career.

Those games were fun, and winning was a bonus.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I do wonder, though, why a program like UNI is able to have a higher tier MBB program than NDSU. Seems like a fair comparison, but I’m definitely not an expert on this topic. Anyone have thoughts?
    UNI was competing vs Wichita and Creighton, and was increasing their spending to do so. Currently the MVC isn’t what it used to be, but UNI is Probably the class of that league. They are paying a coach 800000, and they have high expectations with that. They are getting a lot of mileage from sweet sixteen run several years ago, even to this day. NDSU needs progressively increase spending for BB, improve attendance to 4500, and win. It is way less about style than winning. I liked the style with Woody, Braun, LA, and Vin. Didn’t like it with Miller’s teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    UNI was competing vs Wichita and Creighton, and was increasing their spending to do so. Currently the MVC isn’t what it used to be, but UNI is Probably the class of that league. They are paying a coach 800000, and they have high expectations with that. They are getting a lot of mileage from sweet sixteen run several years ago, even to this day. NDSU needs progressively increase spending for BB, improve attendance to 4500, and win. It is way less about style than winning. I liked the style with Woody, Braun, LA, and Vin. Didn’t like it with Miller’s teams.
    It basically goes:

Money - Coach - Talent - Tourney run - More Talent - Cycle continues...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

UNI has BB donors that are willing to pay the coach big bucks. Hence why they are a BB school. Same can be said for NDSU and FB. Will take some big wigs to step up for NDSU BB to get to that level. Not sure it's in the cards at this point since they've kind of blown their opportunities to take that next step from the programs success 5-6 years ago. If no one was willing to step up after the Oklahoma win I don't see it happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    UNI has BB donors that are willing to pay the coach big bucks. Hence why they are a BB school. Same can be said for NDSU and FB. Will take some big wigs to step up for NDSU BB to get to that level. Not sure it's in the cards at this point since they've kind of blown their opportunities to take that next step from the programs success 5-6 years ago. If no one was willing to step up after the Oklahoma win I don't see it happening any time soon.
    Exactly. what the HELL happened after that. Admin / Teammakers didnt run with that
    face it teammakers has always been football first not basketball.

after that Oklahoma win, shouldve gone out and at least open interviews for coaches and see who would've applied.

so theres 2 things that wouldve changed this basketball program
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Exactly. what the HELL happened after that. Admin / Teammakers didnt run with that

after that Oklahoma win, shouldve gone out and at least open interviews for coaches and see who would've applied.

Well the first issue is that a few “big wigs” did invest a ton of money in basketball via the new arena. It will take others to raise the funding you’re talking about. I guess the other way to look at it is: we could have a super expensive coach now, but still be playing in the BSA. I think the majority would say we made the right decision. As frustrating as it is, hopefully basketball continues the current level of success and we can build it into something bigger/better than it currently is.

And the second issue is that all big donors want to be associated with the football program, that’s the immaculate brand and most visibility to their investment so they’re going to spend dollars there. Honestly the best thing for the basketball program in its current state is to hope for continued FB success to allow money to overflow into the basketball coffers. Our basketball program is a long ways off from being able to pull itself up by the bootstraps to become the next UNI/Wichita State.

Saul Phillips is living in Aberdeen SD and is coach of D2 Northern.

Dave Richman just lead NDSU to his third Summit League championship. The 25 wins from this year’s team was second most in program history.

Time to quit the bitching ....it is so old.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Saul Phillips is living in Aberdeen SD and is coach of D2 Northern.

Dave Richman just lead NDSU to his third Summit League championship. The 25 wins from this year’s team was second most in program history.

Time to quit the bitching ....it is so old.
    and if sdsu/Daum doesnt choke to WIU and beats NDSU in 2nd round then last 2 titles dont happen.

if you cant see that we cannot become a bigger player at current pace then I cant help you
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

and if sdsu/Daum doesnt choke to WIU and beats NDSU in 2nd round then last 2 titles dont happen.

if you cant see that we cannot become a bigger player at current pace then I cant help you
    If my aunt had nuts I would have called her my uncle.

If the NCAA tourney hadn’t been canceled, how do you know they weren’t heading for a sweet 16 run with the way they were playing?

He has a .617 winning percentage. Saul Phillips had a .615 winning percentage at NDSU. Tim Miles had a .582 winning percentage at NDSU.

Tell me what other Summit League program currently has a head coach who has lead his program to three Summit League championships?

The guy has been head coach 6 years and he’s won the Summit League 3 times. His team just won the second most games in program history....and you are bitching?

Seriously get a life dude. Go pound the wife or something and quit clicking away on the keyboard.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So you're saying we couldn't beat SDSU? What kind of fan are you? All you can do is beat the teams put in front of you when it comes tournament time and all I know is our team is 6-0 the last two seasons and no other school in the Summit League is.