Page 356 of 368 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3672

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Currently #234 in RPI and #250 in NET rankings.

That's not good, but I'm actually surprised they're not lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Currently #234 in RPI and #250 in NET rankings.

That's not good, but I'm actually surprised they're not lower.
    But 3 games in March with a matchup vs Purdue/Kansas thereafter. FUN!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The way we are playing right now defensively we'll be lucky to play 3 games in March, hell may be lucky to play 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The way we are playing right now defensively we'll be lucky to play 3 games in March, hell may be lucky to play 2.
    I f@cking hate this thread, but it's the best place for these musings.

Looking at the SLC as a whole, its down this year (like way down)...very wide open and unpredictable, but definitely a 16 seed or play-in game waiting for the winner in March. Watching this team, it's clear that we are not athletic enough to compete at the Division I level right now. I don't love our sets/schemes or philosophy on offense or defense, but they might be necessary because we aren't athletic enough to play a more exciting brand of hoops. We have to stop recruiting kids that fit the "culture" and take some risks on guys that will improve our athleticism and overall skill. If we're being honest, we probably only have 2-3 Division I guys on this roster...the rest would be a better fit at the DII level. Our current group would be a good NSIC team, but its not a Division I roster. Dave and Co. have to coach to what they have, but they also own who they recruit and bring in. Jimmy & Joes > X & Os situation. Even discipline-first coaches like Gregg Marshall would take on risks with the hope that the existing "culture" would help those kids find their way and become good team-first guys. It can work. Any good roster would run through the SLC this year and set themselves up for a 13-ish seed. We can't even win home games. Frustrated with where we're at right now.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am TIRED-----tired of this program----Tired of same issues that are ignored within this program

Tired of our administration looking the other way and saying its good enough

Tired of watching the product thinking will see something different-----feel bad for the players

Tired of coming to Bisonville and waiting or hoping to read about a change in this program and nothing--------

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I f@cking hate this thread, but it's the best place for these musings.

Looking at the SLC as a whole, its down this year (like way down)...very wide open and unpredictable, but definitely a 16 seed or play-in game waiting for the winner in March. Watching this team, it's clear that we are not athletic enough to compete at the Division I level right now. I don't love our sets/schemes or philosophy on offense or defense, but they might be necessary because we aren't athletic enough to play a more exciting brand of hoops. We have to stop recruiting kids that fit the "culture" and take some risks on guys that will improve our athleticism and overall skill. If we're being honest, we probably only have 2-3 Division I guys on this roster...the rest would be a better fit at the DII level. Our current group would be a good NSIC team, but its not a Division I roster. Dave and Co. have to coach to what they have, but they also own who they recruit and bring in. Jimmy & Joes > X & Os situation. Even discipline-first coaches like Gregg Marshall would take on risks with the hope that the existing "culture" would help those kids find their way and become good team-first guys. It can work. Any good roster would run through the SLC this year and set themselves up for a 13-ish seed. We can't even win home games. Frustrated with where we're at right now.
    I actually very much disagree with the player critique in this post. I think we have a very talented roster, I think the coaching is so poor that it's causing us to play significantly worse that what we are capable of. Guys are played incorrectly in their roles, some guys are playing out of their best position too frequently and instead of utilizing the talent that we have and putting them in the best position to be successful, Dave tries to force feed everybody to be a specific kind of player that they aren't. It's why players have left, it's why guys get frustrated and it's why we are underperforming. Tajavis Miller is one of the best 2 guards we've ever had here, Dave has him playing the 4. Burke is a super athletic 4 that could help defensively and rebounding but he rides the bench, Streit is worthless but Dave insists on playing him. I think we have the most talented roster in the Summit but Dave refuses to let guys do what they do best and instead tries to make him play whatever his version of basketball is. We have won here because of players instead of coaching since Dave has taken over, credit to the staff for bringing in talented guys but you can't tell me that when we return 85-90% of our roster from a team that plays in the SL championship game that we should be dog shit to the first 2 months of the year the next season and yet it happens over and over and over again.

I actually very much disagree with the player critique in this post. I think we have a very talented roster, I think the coaching is so poor that it's causing us to play significantly worse that what we are capable of. Guys are played incorrectly in their roles, some guys are playing out of their best position too frequently and instead of utilizing the talent that we have and putting them in the best position to be successful, Dave tries to force feed everybody to be a specific kind of player that they aren't. It's why players have left, it's why guys get frustrated and it's why we are underperforming. Tajavis Miller is one of the best 2 guards we've ever had here, Dave has him playing the 4. Burke is a super athletic 4 that could help defensively and rebounding but he rides the bench, Streit is worthless but Dave insists on playing him. I think we have the most talented roster in the Summit but Dave refuses to let guys do what they do best and instead tries to make him play whatever his version of basketball is. We have won here because of players instead of coaching since Dave has taken over, credit to the staff for bringing in talented guys but you can't tell me that when we return 85-90% of our roster from a team that plays in the SL championship game that we should be dog shit to the first 2 months of the year the next season and yet it happens over and over and over again.
    Perhaps it would be wise, for the coach to look in the mirror to find the problem!

Miller is highly underused or misused. He should be more a 2-3 position. Drive to the bucket and score or get to the line. I would agree with Burke as a player needing more playing time. Disette has flashes and will get better, remember he is only a freshman.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

If Fargo-Moorhead had as much media talent as MPLS, Richman would be getting torched. Silence here tho.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven’t watched a game yet this season, but after catching up on scores and such my interest just isn’t there. I really want to support this program but honestly with DR leading the way I just can’t. I feel he’ll keep doing enough to keep getting contract extensions.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS