Page 202 of 367 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3668

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Last year’s 25-8 team was at 109 RPI, so better than that 120 spot you mention.
    That team was Richman’s 2nd best according to RPI.
    So Next year, hmmm......and only 2 seasons in between......
    Would the 25-8 team have been a #14 seed, maybe, sounds right. I don’t know where to quickly look that up.
    I have seen upsets happen in the NCAA’s, and quite common to the upset is a team with a dominant PG.
    NDSU had Vinnie. And Tyson as a Point Forward. I would have liked to see that team get a chance. Coach Richman had them positioned for that chance......Summit League Tournament Champs.
    If Vinnie & the team had a good game shooting from 3 land, ya never know.
    Oral Roberts was a 15 seed......

If NDSU had won a 2-3 more of their winnable games during last year’s regular season, well, there you go. So I understand what you are saying about getting a better seed. Now that ORU won a couple NCAA games, adding to NDSU’s 2 wins, the opportunity is there. The Summit needs to improve their ranking back to the high teens low 20’s. In a normal year that could be next season. With Covid plus new transfer rules, yikes!

For El Chapo, he really needs to get on the bandwagon for Richman for next season.
    If, a big if, the Bison break through and get milestone victories, possibly including in the NCAA, Coach Richman can get hired away to a MAC or MVC or MW type job. That would fulfill Chapo’s fantasy. Finally rid of Dave!!!

I’ll be sad to see him go, if that happens. I think he has improved as a coach.
    I also think he has improved his bench of assistant coaches.
    I also think Recruiting has been good. To me the future has promise......
    RPI is a terrible model to rank teams. Always has been. The 120 comes from Sagarin.

I also would’ve loved to see last year’s team in the tournament I agree we could’ve potentially done something. Yes, this year and next are asterisk years with the transfers and COVID. It’ll be really interesting to see what Dave is able to do with the transfers, doesn’t come across to me as a great recruiter/salesman but we’ll see.

Dave is getting better as a coach. I’ll give that. I don’t think he’s even that bad of a coach (although at times his decision-making is maddening), just think we could be doing better. We are a great school with great resources. We should have great expectations.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Have any of your watched the Big Dance this year? Not many teams in there has the same plodding offense & "hard nosed" defense that Richman prides himself on and forces us to watch.

Watching Sweet 16, Elite 8 and the way they move the ball and run up and down the court is breathtaking.

Craig Smith went to South Dakota, 1 week before Saul left & we got Dave. Timing man.

I think NDSU would be top 10 Mid Major the last 5-6 years if we had a fast paced attacking style offense.
    Yes the offenses maybe be more attacking and higher scoring but make no mistake about it, defense is what makes the great teams great. You have to be great on defense first and then the offense will follow. Defensive Efficiency rankings of Final 4 teams:
    3. Houston
    10. Gonzaga
    22. Baylor
    149. UCLA - started in the first 4 so obviously didn't have the best season

Yes, I would like to see us push the ball a little bit more and if open shots are there earlier in the shot clock take them but as mentioned already, the 2nd half of the season might be the most fluid offensive basketball we've had under Dave. I think he's continuing to evolve the system and with all the talent returning I think we are poised for a great season next year. I've said it before and I stand by it, if we would have played the P5 OOC schedule we had at the end of the season instead of the beginning when everybody was figuring out their roles I think we would have gotten at least 1 if not 2 or more wins against those teams. Hopefully we can get some quality OOC opponents on the schedule next year and we can go get those W's.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lakes is bored with Bison MBB. Keep in mind that he'd prefer to air it out in football as well, rather than winning by beating teams into submission.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yes the offenses maybe be more attacking and higher scoring but make no mistake about it, defense is what makes the great teams great. You have to be great on defense first and then the offense will follow. Defensive Efficiency rankings of Final 4 teams:
    3. Houston
    10. Gonzaga
    22. Baylor
    149. UCLA - started in the first 4 so obviously didn't have the best season
    If effiency is your measure of greatness, then maybe should look at offensive effiency. It appears to be more of a predictor of greatness than defense.

1. Gonzaga
    2. Baylor
    5. Houston
    37. UCLA

Or are you saying their defense leads to a highly effective, efficient offense?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    If effiency is your measure of greatness, then maybe should look at offensive effiency. It appears to be more of a predictor of greatness than defense.

1. Gonzaga
    2. Baylor
    5. Houston
    37. UCLA

Correct. Being efficient on defense leads to more turnovers and missed shots which allows for more easy baskets in transition. If you watch these teams play, especially Gonzaga and Baylor they push the ball in transition and get easy baskets a lot. May not always be wide open but very frequently they have an advantage whether it's 3 on 2, 4 on 3 or even 5 on 4, they are able to push the ball and find a quality look. Can't do that very well when taking the ball out from underneath your own basket.

1. Gonzaga
    2. Baylor
    5. Houston
    37. UCLA

all 4 GATA, RTO! gona b a great day 4 buckets ... anyword on miles? he hasnt done a pod since the tourney started so i figured he must be on the horn looking to get back in the game

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    all 4 GATA, RTO! gona b a great day 4 buckets ... anyword on miles? he hasnt done a pod since the tourney started so i figured he must be on the horn looking to get back in the game
    He is interviewing with Utah State
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

He is interviewing with Utah State
    pump it up! lobos gonna regret little richard me thinks ...

"@JonRothstein
    Sources: Tim Miles is finalizing a deal to become the next head coach at San Jose State. Official announcement expected in next 24 hours. Former head coach at Nebraska and Colorado State."

Tim Miles has found a home, heading to San Jose St. Still lands in the Mountain West, just not at either program expected.

siiiiiigh ... coulda brought him back
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?