Page 75 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
    Excellent post! I was a freshman in 1977 and have been to no less than a dozen games per year since that time and every tournament game included the d2 playoff games. Been a season ticket holder for most of those years. The Richman bashing is unbelievable. Other than the Omaha and Ft Wayne coaches I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the conference. I'd take him any day and twice on Sundays instead of Saul the huckster.
    Look, I want us to win tonight and in the final. I would love to have us win an NCAA tourney game, even if that means a Richman extension. But you DR apologists are the real head scratcher in all of this. It sounds like you pay attention to Bison basketball. So surely you must have noticed that we're a .500 team, and we wouldn't have even gotten there but for the likes of NAIA competition on our schedule. Thank you Dickinson State and Northland College for the assist. When we've played anyone decent, we've had our ass handed to us. But you guys are cool with that. I keep forgetting that the real season doesn't start until March and takes place over 3 games in Sioux Falls every year. All the games that lead up to that, along with the lackluster results, are just noise to be ignored. My bad.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I was a Freshman at NDSU in the Fall of 1980. There have been plenty of ups and downs in the following 40 seasons. Got that? 40 fricken seasons.

I really don’t remember any multiple year stretches in the last 40 years where NDSU was consistently the top dog in the NCC, Summit, etc.

This year we finished 4th and are a win away from playing in the Conference Title game and 2 wins gets us in the Dance. Meanwhile the other Dakota schools are watching.

I guess this program really is messed up beyond repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it's ok to temper expectations and be mediocre/middle of the pack more often than not because it's been like that since the 70s/80s? Got it. I guess I got a little too excited when we had our run of dances, especially knocking off the likes of Oklahoma.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I think if this season had taught me anything it's don't jump to conclusions. To me it was pretty ridiculous when people were clamoring for Richman's immediate removal back in January and I think it's pretty ridiculous now to say he will/should get an extension if the Bison win tonight and make it to the Summit League title game. Let the season play out and enjoy the ride. There's a 7 month offseason to debate the direction of the program and what effect the coaching staff has on that.

I was a Freshman at NDSU in the Fall of 1980. There have been plenty of ups and downs in the following 40 seasons. Got that? 40 fricken seasons.

I really don’t remember any multiple year stretches in the last 40 years where NDSU was consistently the top dog in the NCC, Summit, etc.

This year we finished 4th and are a win away from playing in the Conference Title game and 2 wins gets us in the Dance. Meanwhile the other Dakota schools are watching.

I guess this program really is messed up beyond repair.

Exactly. NDSU MBB has never had a winning tradition and likely never will. I guess I need to accept that, but I hate accepting and being comfortable with mediocracy. Probably why I’m more interested in WBB. At least there is some tradition and potential there for something decent to happen.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
    Excellent post! I was a freshman in 1977 and have been to no less than a dozen games per year since that time and every tournament game included the d2 playoff games. Been a season ticket holder for most of those years. The Richman bashing is unbelievable. Other than the Omaha and Ft Wayne coaches I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the conference. I'd take him any day and twice on Sundays instead of Saul the huckster.
    D2 playoffs?! Please list them in a very short post.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Look, I want us to win tonight and in the final. I would love to have us win an NCAA tourney game, even if that means a Richman extension. But you DR apologists are the real head scratcher in all of this. It sounds like you pay attention to Bison basketball. So surely you must have noticed that we're a .500 team, and we wouldn't have even gotten there but for the likes of NAIA competition on our schedule. Thank you Dickinson State and Northland College for the assist. When we've played anyone decent, we've had our ass handed to us. But you guys are cool with that. I keep forgetting that the real season doesn't start until March and takes place over 3 games in Sioux Falls every year. All the games that lead up to that, along with the lackluster results, are just noise to be ignored. My bad.
    Boom!! Exactly. And don’t forget that the apologists are just ecstatic that we now have a chance to win the ST (we won’t tho) only because SDSU lost. Pathetic. Also pathetic is how the apologists are stroking themselves over SDSU’s loss. Me? I prefer the best team in the SL represent in the NCAA tourney, not some shit team that really doesn’t deserve to be there. No chance for an NCAA tourney win for the SL now. It’s jealousy really, which is an abhorrent characteristic/“quality”.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Boom!! Exactly. And don’t forget that the apologists are just ecstatic that we now have a chance to win the ST (we won’t tho) only because SDSU lost. Pathetic. Also pathetic is how the apologists are stroking themselves over SDSU’s loss. Me? I prefer the best team in the SL represent in the NCAA tourney, not some shit team that really doesn’t deserve to be there. No chance for an NCAA tourney win for the SL now. It’s jealousy really, which is an abhorrent characteristic/“quality”.

Some of us thought we had a shot even with SDSU still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    So it's ok to temper expectations and be mediocre/middle of the pack more often than not because it's been like that since the 70s/80s? Got it. I guess I got a little too excited when we had our run of dances, especially knocking off the likes of Oklahoma.
    I’m not a DR apologist. I simply pointed out the fact that this program has never been dominant.

We’ve had some special teams. Yes.

I don’t remember a “run” of Dances either. Enlighten me.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I’m not a DR apologist. I simply pointed out the fact that this program has never been dominant.

We’ve had some special teams. Yes.

I don’t remember a “run” of Dances either. Enlighten me.

2009, 2014, 2015

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    2009, 2014, 2015

That’s a run? Ok.

BTW, I knew we have three. I didn’t think anybody would call that a “run”. Such dominance.