Page 73 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It seems to me he is more interested in making sure the players play within his system than he is with winning BB games.
    Question I have is, why aren’t those two mutually inclusive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It also gets old hearing from the same fans to just shut up, embrace the mediocrity and wait until the team is finally senior laden enough to win at a high level again. Some people don't want to have a real dicussion about the quality of the coaching and what the expectations should be about the future of the program. I know this because they run and hide whenever it starts and only come around after a win to shout everyone else down like anyone who dares to question anything is being a bad fan.
    Agreed. And to Burgundy’s question: No, I don’t like him. He comes across as being both arrogant and narcissistic, although run in the same mental health categories. I can’t stand to listen to the guy, and I’m guessing players feel same way. He comes across and self-important and “look at me” type.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not sure I have seen anyone say "Shut up and embrace the mediocrity." I may have missed things as I find this hard to watch as I think there are a lot of posters who don't watch games, yet love to hate. Not saying anyone in particular, but that is my opinion. I have shared my frustrations in private many times with those who care. Listened to their responses, and given my opinion. I still think that this year was a success based on pre season expectations. We aren't very good. That is frustrating, but as I have said, this team has talent, we graduate nobody. We blew some late leads against the best teams in the league who are covered with seniors. I do expect this program to win at a high level. It will be interesting, as this team can beat anyone, and lose to anyone. I want to win on Sunday night, then anything can happen.

To recap my opinion: SMILE. Someone needs to show these young men that this is a game. You MUST have fun. If you have a alley oop dunk, you don't immediately need to yell...FOCUS....they are kids, they know their job. You don't need to bark non stop. SOMeone hug Deng. Please. Just hug Deng. Playing our bigs together for short stints MUST happen. MUST. There has to be a rotation for that. I also think Jarius Cook needs to be a huge part of the future. He was the biggest recruit and stuck in a numbers game, but with no seniors, we cannot afford him to be in the same situation next year. Best of luck to these kids this weekend!
    There are pros and cons to Rich as coach and sticking around. Do you believe he will keep rotation of Geu and Rocky? Will he do what gives us best chance to win? Hes RARELY done it this season. Why change on Sunday? I think he has done alright, but some rotations and micromanaging drags us down. A lot of red flags last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Question I have is, why aren’t those two mutually inclusive?

In this case I think they are.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

for the "we want richman gone crowd" sdsu losing and these next 2 nights might be the worse thing to happen... ndsu winning in a watered down summit tourney would give east coast AD the ammo to extend 3 years and REALLY put this program 6 feet under.

ARGH.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    2 assists. High attrition. 2 dribbles and launching a three. Poor player development. Both South Dakota schools and the school up north are vastly superior. He needs to go before the SHAC is empty. I dont believe in the program.
    This is why I decline to take part in threads like this early in the season. These three Vastly Superior Programs are all one and done in the conference tournament. In hoops, people don't remember what you do in November, they remember what you do in March.
    That being said, I'm not sold on Dave, this will be a good thread for the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Agreed. And to Burgundy’s question: No, I don’t like him. He comes across as being both arrogant and narcissistic, although run in the same mental health categories. I can’t stand to listen to the guy, and I’m guessing players feel same way. He comes across and self-important and “look at me” type.

My kids have played on the same basketball teams as Richman's and his asst, Kyan Brown. I can see how you could have this opinion of Dave, but I used to talked with him during the kids practice, and he never came off that way at all. He's a nice, genuine guy...just no emotion. He seems to internalize everything...and then just looks serious/grumpy. If you talk to him he comes across different. Kyan is great...has tons of personality when he gets going.

I'm not a Richman apologist either. I'm not against him, but I'm not for him...I'm more of a let's see how it plays out. Fans were ready to fire Saul too before he got things going.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I've had a lot of fun watching this years team compared to last year. Feels like a monumental change in team spirit. I think Richman has been working through some personality issues over the years. This years team really seems to enjoying playing for each other and that's fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've had a lot of fun watching this years team compared to last year. Feels like a monumental change in team spirit. I think Richman has been working through some personality issues over the years. This years team really seems to enjoying playing for each other and that's fun to watch.
    so what, they will beat SUB .500 teams and still have a D1 losing record 14-15 right now.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope DR understands that Dengs legs are pretty fresh. That will be important on Mon-Tue. Geu has got to stay out of foul trouble. His lack of minutes Sunday were due to stupid fouls.

Geu is there to ride when they need him, and I think they’ll need him.