Page 72 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

hey burgandy, how about this guy? https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...227293829.html

im fine and its good richman got 1 more year (especially knowing that before the tournament this week) but if saul becomes available we gotta make a run at him if we cant buy out 200k to get saul back than we deserve coaches like richman and walseth

Richman is an average coach, people shouldn't treat him like the WBB coaches who are legit dumpster fires that have accomplished nothing. Some people act like Larsen should have canned him the second he got hired, which is crazy. I thought giving him this season was fair, really what we have seen this year has been a continuation of recent years outside of a few bright spots. I do worry though that we will make a mistake like UND made with Jones and extend a coach based on a good season that was surrounded by average at best results. Long term nothing gives me confidence that Richman is the guy that is going to lead the program into high level success like winning an NCAA tournament game or beating a high major. I just don't think he has it in him to build that kind of team and coach at that level.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Do you like Coach Richman? Just wondering. Did he do something do you personally? My goodness. Quick question...pre season...where did you think NDSU would finish going into the Summit Tourney?
    No doubt that this is all a little old and tiring, the same old stuff coming from the same few posters. I wonder how many threads they have polluted?

It seems to me he is more interested in making sure the players play within his system than he is with winning BB games.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It also gets old hearing from the same fans to just shut up, embrace the mediocrity and wait until the team is finally senior laden enough to win at a high level again. Some people don't want to have a real dicussion about the quality of the coaching and what the expectations should be about the future of the program. I know this because they run and hide whenever it starts and only come around after a win to shout everyone else down like anyone who dares to question anything is being a bad fan.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Richman is an average coach, people shouldn't treat him like the WBB coaches who are legit dumpster fires that have accomplished nothing. Some people act like Larsen should have canned him the second he got hired, which is crazy. I thought giving him this season was fair, really what we have seen this year has been a continuation of recent years outside of a few bright spots. I do worry though that we will make a mistake like UND made with Jones and extend a coach based on a good season that was surrounded by average at best results. Long term nothing gives me confidence that Richman is the guy that is going to lead the program into high level success like winning an NCAA tournament game or beating a high major. I just don't think he has it in him to build that kind of team and coach at that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It also gets old hearing from the same fans to just shut up, embrace the mediocrity and wait until the team is finally senior laden enough to win at a high level again. Some people don't want to have a real dicussion about the quality of the coaching and what the expectations should be about the future of the program. I know this because they run and hide whenever it starts and only come around after a win to shout everyone else down like anyone who dares to question anything is being a bad fan.
    Right on the money!

I am not sure I have seen anyone say "Shut up and embrace the mediocrity." I may have missed things as I find this hard to watch as I think there are a lot of posters who don't watch games, yet love to hate. Not saying anyone in particular, but that is my opinion. I have shared my frustrations in private many times with those who care. Listened to their responses, and given my opinion. I still think that this year was a success based on pre season expectations. We aren't very good. That is frustrating, but as I have said, this team has talent, we graduate nobody. We blew some late leads against the best teams in the league who are covered with seniors. I do expect this program to win at a high level. It will be interesting, as this team can beat anyone, and lose to anyone. I want to win on Sunday night, then anything can happen.

To recap my opinion: SMILE. Someone needs to show these young men that this is a game. You MUST have fun. If you have a alley oop dunk, you don't immediately need to yell...FOCUS....they are kids, they know their job. You don't need to bark non stop. SOMeone hug Deng. Please. Just hug Deng. Playing our bigs together for short stints MUST happen. MUST. There has to be a rotation for that. I also think Jarius Cook needs to be a huge part of the future. He was the biggest recruit and stuck in a numbers game, but with no seniors, we cannot afford him to be in the same situation next year. Best of luck to these kids this weekend!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    hey burgandy, how about this guy? https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...227293829.html

im fine and its good richman got 1 more year (especially knowing that before the tournament this week) but if saul becomes available we gotta make a run at him if we cant buy out 200k to get saul back than we deserve coaches like richman and walseth
    I like Saul but I'd take Walthall over Saul any day of the week. In addition to his Big10 experience he's turned programs into winners and is a great leader. Since he and Klieman are good buddies he's got an in already.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    I like Saul but I'd take Walthall over Saul any day of the week. In addition to his Big10 experience he's turned programs into winners and is a great leader. Since he and Klieman are good buddies he's got an in already.
    id take rasheed over both of them! now that we are all aware of another year for richman, i seriously hope there are some stipulations that come with it------such as, #1 must enroll in summer english courses so he knows the meaning of words like "proverbial" (and also how to pronounce them) #2 adding experience to the staff (how was he ever allowed to hire a student as "ops" guy??? thats embarrasing and says alot about his connections and or management style of hiring "yes-men") #3 no more crying about "brutal travel" or road trips, you get the feeling when he whines about that its not even so much of an excuse as it is he just doesnt like to travel with the team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not sure I have seen anyone say "Shut up and embrace the mediocrity." I may have missed things as I find this hard to watch as I think there are a lot of posters who don't watch games, yet love to hate. Not saying anyone in particular, but that is my opinion. I have shared my frustrations in private many times with those who care. Listened to their responses, and given my opinion. I still think that this year was a success based on pre season expectations. We aren't very good. That is frustrating, but as I have said, this team has talent, we graduate nobody. We blew some late leads against the best teams in the league who are covered with seniors. I do expect this program to win at a high level. It will be interesting, as this team can beat anyone, and lose to anyone. I want to win on Sunday night, then anything can happen.

To recap my opinion: SMILE. Someone needs to show these young men that this is a game. You MUST have fun. If you have a alley oop dunk, you don't immediately need to yell...FOCUS....they are kids, they know their job. You don't need to bark non stop. SOMeone hug Deng. Please. Just hug Deng. Playing our bigs together for short stints MUST happen. MUST. There has to be a rotation for that. I also think Jarius Cook needs to be a huge part of the future. He was the biggest recruit and stuck in a numbers game, but with no seniors, we cannot afford him to be in the same situation next year. Best of luck to these kids this weekend!
    Well there are two or three posters that only post when the team wins and that is pretty much their mantra. Nobody should have expections unless a team is senior laden, just be happy with whatever wins the team collects until that point. If this team was losing because of youth I would be fine with it but it is a combo of youth and coaching. A good coach can win with youth and I think a lot of your second paragraph explains why it hasn't happened here. I agree with almost everything you say.

But I can't call this season a successs. I won't call it a failure either, it has been furstrating more than anything. I hope things change in the tournament and we play loose, have fun and we actually see Deng and Rocky together.