Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

2 words. Hero ball. 2 more words. No thanks. 2 more words. Frisco Cruiser Bus

No interest in watching a team with 2 assists.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I'm just gonna be flat out honest Dave needs to go. I've supported him as long as I possibly can but I love NDSU hoops too much to see him keep driving this program into the ground. The sad part is we've brought in some great talent, just looking at this year with Griesel and Cook, those were huge gets for us but as far as the actual play on the court goes I can say with 100% confidence I could coach better than what he's doing. We are a talented young team, we are going to make mistakes but we are athletic, we got guys that can shoot, we've got 3 or 4 guys that can get to the rim, the problem is our offensive system is so broken that we can't take advantage of any of it. I run a more productive offense with my 5th grade girls team than he does with a D1 program, it's sad. The crazier part is we have 3 assistant coaches that are either also too blind to see it or Dave has limited their ability to contribute.
    Amennnnnnnn

Culhane tweeted this. Great...

David Richman tells us tonight on @Bison1660 that Cameron Hunter fractured his left wrist at Gonzaga. Out 6 weeks. Tough break, literally, for @NDSUmbb.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

David Richman tells us tonight on @Bison1660 that Cameron Hunter fractured his left wrist at Gonzaga. Out 6 weeks. Tough break, literally, for @NDSUmbb.
    That sucks. Probably means Samuelson will be given some extra minutes....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Coach Richman talks about "We are a Development Program.....and we talk about being Tough and playing Together". Unfortunately player development is limited to non existent (Geu, AJ, and this year's team that outside of UCSB, has not progressed). His teams don't exhibit mental or physical toughnesss. We haven't seen a truly gritty streak of games since LA left. Plus, they don't play for each other.

Throw in Dave's inability to inspire his team to play with passion and purpose. When have we seen the team play multiple games with a sense of joy? Leaders synthesize the complex. Leaders generate energy and passion. Leaders plays to the strengths of their team members through empowerment and finding joy in their lives. Dave is not a leader.

Last edited by OtterTailLakeBison; 11-29-2018 at 02:44 AM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well isn't that just freaking great!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That sucks. What's the injury for Griesel, how long is he out for?

I think one of the main problems is we have not recruited good enough players and I am not sure if we have recruited the right players from my view.

When I hear Richman talk about the team I hear development, defense, toughness. There in fact lies the problem. We haven't really recruited toughness and rebounding! I grow tired of hearing about pack lines defense, but one of the staples of pack lines defense is to try to get teams to take outside shoots (lower percentage shots) by stuffing the lane with bodies, have them miss outside shots and then grab the rebounds when miss....except we have don't have the team that can rebound. When teams miss their shoots this year they grab their own misses and put them in for baskets. That is making sound simple, but it is amazing how much a team gets demoralized if it can't grab a defensive rebound when it needs one. Forget ever beating P5 team with our current roster makeup.

We used to a program that would redshirt most players but we really dont do that much anymore. All these guys would be much better in the 5th year than the 1st year. One of our major advantages is we had guys playing who were experienced 5th year guys playing against 1st years players too. Look at the experience of our current team and it is a recipe for sub-.500 basketball.

Look at our starting line up.
    Vinnie - Transfer - first year player - Junior (no redshirt)
    Samuelson - Walk-on - Junior (no redshirt)
    Griesel - True Freshman (no redshirt)
    Ward - Junior (no redshirt)
    Kruiser - Sophomore (no redshirt)

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    The arena was supposed to help with recruiting. Nothing has really changed in the Richman era. Players come here start out looking like they have potential but then end up at the same level as they were when they first arrived.

This team has regressed every year since he took over.

It sucks to say it because he was very nice and respectful the time I talked to him.
    Lack of post play has been a big concern. But we have brought in some talented wings. Guys not living up to potential or improving under Rich. Just look at the wings we have now, ignore our coaching. This is a group that could easily make multiple NCAAs under the right coaching.

The teams we succeeded with under him were Sauls recruits. Not bashing any individual player, theres a hindrance and its all on Dave.

Lightbulb Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

[QUOTE=El_Chapo;1313333]This team will be 2-10

You'd think that would be enough.

But mr stony brook is so small time, he won't even call a FBS conference commissioner. Let alone fire a coach

The first time I agree with you Chapo. I was crucifed last year by saying he should be shitcanned. Send Larson packing also.