Page 33 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    NDSU should be able to go 6-2 to end the season, and win two tournament games to get to 20 wins. And then Richman should still be fired. I would say his worst loss was as the #2 seed losing to #7 IUPUI in the first round of the Summit tourney however long ago that was. We could tell the team was losing steam near the end of that season, and he hasn't recovered Saul's momentum since.

March 4th, 2017 78-57 loss to # 7 seed IUPUI in a first round loss. If the Bison have been going down since then, they should just about be at bed rock by now.

Feb 1st - 2017

Richman's record at NDSU was 58-29, the Bison were in control and on top of the Summit conference standings by 3 games. Then they lose in OT to IUPUI, finish 4-5 down the stretch of conference play to finish 2nd in the standings, and then get blown out against 7 seed IUPUI by 20 points in the first round of the Summit tournament.

Since Feb 1st/2017, Richman is 29-32 and the program has shown the slimmest of margins of progression, and I say slimmest because the team is young this year and somewhat competing.

I remember people were saying the collapse in 2017 was no big deal, and others were saying it was a very big deal. Looks like the "others" were correct.

NDSU should be able to go 6-2 to end the season, and win two tournament games to get to 20 wins. And then Richman should still be fired. I would say his worst loss was as the #2 seed losing to #7 IUPUI in the first round of the Summit tourney however long ago that was. We could tell the team was losing steam near the end of that season, and he hasn't recovered Saul's momentum since.
    That was easily our worst loss in the DI era, the team just threw in the towel the second half of that game. There was a lot of horrific coaching the second half of that season that fueled the collapse, things that still happen today.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Apparently this coaching staff has never been able to recover from whatever went down back then. It's past time to clean house. Need new blood in the coaching staff.

How about Jeff Boschee?

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Apparently this coaching staff has never been able to recover from whatever went down back then. It's past time to clean house. Need new blood in the coaching staff.

How about Jeff Boschee?
    Is he a good coach? I don't think he has a ton of love for NDSU.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

First, if he gets to 20 wins with this team he definitely will/should be retained. Second, going 6-2 to close out the regular season and then 2-1 in Sioux Falls would only get them to 18 wins. Third, I'd be shocked if they can go 6-2 in the 2nd half of conference play with 4 road games and a home game with SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    Is he a good coach? I don't think he has a ton of love for NDSU.
    Looks like he's been successful at Missouri Southern. Why is that?

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Looks like he's been successful at Missouri Southern. Why is that?
    His older brother played at UND. Also, Jack Michaels had him on the Fan over the noon hour a few years ago when NDSU was in the NCAA tourney. Jack talked to Jeff about his experience in the NCAA tourney and then wanted to take the local angle about how cool that was that NDSU was in and Jeff didn't sound to care at all about NDSU.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    His older brother played at UND. Also, Jack Michaels had him on the Fan over the noon hour a few years ago when NDSU was in the NCAA tourney. Jack talked to Jeff about his experience in the NCAA tourney and then wanted to take the local angle about how cool that was that NDSU was in and Jeff didn't sound to care at all about NDSU.
    Meh, I'm sure he'd care if he was offered the HC job. Wouldn't be the first "enemy" to flip allegiances.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Feb 1st - 2017

Richman's record at NDSU was 58-29, the Bison were in control and on top of the Summit conference standings by 3 games. Then they lose in OT to IUPUI, finish 4-5 down the stretch of conference play to finish 2nd in the standings, and then get blown out against 7 seed IUPUI by 20 points in the first round of the Summit tournament.

Since Feb 1st/2017, Richman is 29-32 and the program has shown the slimmest of margins of progression, and I say slimmest because the team is young this year and somewhat competing.

I remember people were saying the collapse in 2017 was no big deal, and others were saying it was a very big deal. Looks like the "others" were correct.

23-32 is you ONLY the D1 Wins ( padding W-L stats with Northland College and mayville shouldnt count )

like i said.. they should win 5 in a row here, even then they will finish .500 at best (take out 2 non D1 wins) and he shouldn't be brought back, but NDSU AD is such a wimp and NDSU is so strapped for cash, they will probably give him a 1 year extension

i watched Matt Mooney and Texas Tech the other night, they were flying down the court, fast passes, alley opps like dunk City (FGCU) man I would KILL to have that at NDSU!! lets be exciting if we arent going to be a mid major dynasty
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?