Page 29 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I would look at Ben Johnson, from the Twin Cities and played at the U of MN, was an assistant coach at UNI and Minnesota for a while and is now at Xavier. Rob Jeter is also interesting, former Milwaukee head coach now on Minnesota's staff....former Bo Ryan assistant.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Richman isnt going anywhere until after the season and they will say they are not renewing the contract. Only way this doesnt happen is if we make the dance. ha

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Richman isnt going anywhere until after the season and they will say they are not renewing the contract. Only way this doesnt happen is if we make the dance. ha

Probably won’t even make the summit league dance.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    my question is why is geu not starting and has the 7th most minutes on the team in my opinion he is wrecking what could be a hell of a players career any thoughts?
    He doesn't even need to start, he just need starter minutes and to be on the floor to close out close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

That would really send him out on a low note being the only team in the league to not make the conference tourney with this talent. He may not even find an assistant position right away if that were to happen.

I talked to a lady today who said they donated extra $$ to the SHAC remodeling project (in addition to their yearly TM contribution). They are not happy with the demise of the program. She said emails have been sent to ML and she hopes others will do the same. (His inbox is probably full.) I bet he has his plan in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I always said when we retired, we would go to the tournament.
    We are retired
    We are not going
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I always said when we retired, we would go to the tournament.
    We are retired
    We are not going
    I've always thought going to the ACC tournament would be fun. Big East back in the day. But yeah, I don't blame you.

Thumbs up Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    As far as potential candidates this would be a guy to take a look at: https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1951&path=mbball

I'm not sure it was coincidence that things started going south in a hurry for NDSU's program in 2016/17 which was the year he left.

But they shouldn't have to be in any tremendous hurry to fill the position since the season should be over in early March. I'd say advertise it nationally and see who you can get to apply. I bet it would attract some pretty good high level assistant coach or lower level head coach applicants.

Agree. Kind of an ugly divorce much on DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    As far as potential candidates this would be a guy to take a look at: https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1951&path=mbball

I'm not sure it was coincidence that things started going south in a hurry for NDSU's program in 2016/17 which was the year he left.

But they shouldn't have to be in any tremendous hurry to fill the position since the season should be over in early March. I'd say advertise it nationally and see who you can get to apply. I bet it would attract some pretty good high level assistant coach or lower level head coach applicants.
    I also had think that part of the problem is DRs assistant coaches. Jayden Olson is a smart guy and probably a decent coach but I think he is very similar and almost a clone of DR. You need guys who compliment you and aren’t exactly the same as you. You need someone that you’ll listen to who will tell you when you’re wrong. You need a guy who’ll relate to the players differently than you do/will.

I also think the Bison are too top heavy. Their 3rd and 4th assistant spots have been a bit of a revolving door under DR.