Page 28 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That was my thought up to now. It is mainly about the players now but a bit for the fans. It comes down to the attitude of the team. Mr. Larsen should have a good feel for that and if he feels it has gone south with the Captains then make the change. I really dont like undermining a coach but this is a case to stand with the players if there is someone on staff they would like to play out the year for. It just may keep them engaged. Also NDSU has lost the fans, Apathy has set in and it is time for a bold move to show us that we should still give a shit. I love basketball and had season tickets for a decade, they lost me and others like me.
    I agree fan support is as low and fan apathy is as high as it's been in the D1 era but I don't think there's an assistant coach on the current staff that's going to make any difference these last 6 weeks of the season and I definitely do not want them to promote from within long term. I think an in season change would just create more turmoil with the players. Things like some guys want Olson to take over, some want Veasely, some want Brown, etc. I think (hope) the coaches know what's going on here being Richman is in the last year of his contract so I can't imagine any of them would take the interim tag with a lot of gusto knowing that they're dead men walking (in a professional sense at NDSU). I'd say let this group that's been together since this summer finish it out and wipe the slate clean once the season is over. Doing so won't jeopardize the future any more than it already is and I think that's actually the cleanest way to do it. This season is essentially lost and it would be a pretty bad situation to throw an interim first time head coach into it now along with forcing the players to go through 3 likely head coaches in a matter of a couple months.

Just my two cents... in the end I think we're all in agreement that a change needs to happen and it will before next season

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Again what is the benefit of firing Richman in season?
    To show players and fans there will be a change at season since he would be gone now. Same goes for Walseth. I will take the job at half their salary and get the same results but at least we would have saved money if a losing team is what we want.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    To show players and fans there will be a change at season since he would be gone now. Same goes for Walseth. I will take the job at half their salary and get the same results but at least we would have saved money if a losing team is what we want.
    You can show that just as effectively shortly after the season is over and save the team/program some added turmoil IMO.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably would be no Savings in money due to contract requirements language and etcetera
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Again what is the benefit of firing Richman in season?
    Maybe see what one of the assistants can do if given the chance. What is there to lose besides the buyout money? If an assistant turns this team around tell him to apply for the job when we open it for applications. If they continue losing tell them sayonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Maybe see what one of the assistants can do if given the chance. What is there to lose besides the buyout money? If an assistant turns this team around tell him to apply for the job when we open it for applications. If they continue losing tell them sayonara.
    That's possible. I just don't see it from the current assistants and I think promoting from within would be a very bad idea going forward. Like I said earlier the logical interim would be Jayden Olson He's been here since the beginning of Richman's tenure and his associate head coach for the last 3 years so are the chances very good that he's a revelation compared to Richman? I'd say not likely. As far as what there is to lose it would be a calculated risk from Larsen to do something like that at this point because it would make the transition to a new staff in a couple months even more tumultuous. Is it worth it? I don't think it would be but your guess is as good as mine.

That's possible. I just don't see it from the current assistants and I think promoting from within would be a very bad idea going forward. Like I said earlier the logical interim would be Jayden Olson He's been here since the beginning of Richman's tenure and his associate head coach for the last 3 years so are the chances very good that he's a revelation compared to Richman? I'd say not likely. As far as what there is to lose it would be a calculated risk from Larsen to do something like that at this point because it would make the transition to a new staff in a couple months even more tumultuous. Is it worth it? I don't think it would be but your guess is as good as mine.
    Like someone said in the football thread, you promote from within when you are winning
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post

They won't buy him out with a month and a half to go. Brown would be the only assistant to even consider, I would prefer he stays as an assistant next yr rather then HC. The only 2 local guys they should interview for the HC job is Walthall who I mentioned before is a proven leader and winner and was also a top assistant at a power 5. And Brown, the other candidates need to be from a nationwide search.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    They won't buy him out with a month and a half to go. Brown would be the only assistant to even consider, I would prefer he stays as an assistant next yr rather then HC. The only 2 local guys they should interview for the HC job is Walthall who I mentioned before is a proven leader and winner and was also a top assistant at a power 5. And Brown, the other candidates need to be from a nationwide search.
    Correction NATIONWIDE SEARCH lets find a Power 5 Assistant with Twin Cities/Chicago contacts and Get some mo fo Ballers into this place.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

As far as potential candidates this would be a guy to take a look at: https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1951&path=mbball

I'm not sure it was coincidence that things started going south in a hurry for NDSU's program in 2016/17 which was the year he left.

But they shouldn't have to be in any tremendous hurry to fill the position since the season should be over in early March. I'd say advertise it nationally and see who you can get to apply. I bet it would attract some pretty good high level assistant coach or lower level head coach applicants.