Page 24 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I think it is becoming safe to say that NDSU has hung on to Richman one year too long. No need to do anything until March now . . .

I think the timing of when to make a move is a big deal and NDSU really botched this one. The one extra year of DR has really hurt the program and this one year has set the program back multiple. We could really see something was wrong over the last couple of years. You would think that there would be some inside info on player exit interviews (if they do such a thing) that could have given Larson some light on the situation and be able to make a move at the right time. The "Well, he only has one year left" approach means you really didn't want him anyway.

We need a dynamic coach that's for sure. A whole new staff to evaluate and use the talent we have.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I’ve seen potted plants with more personality than DR.
    Somebody has been playing Plants vs Zombies...

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I think it is becoming safe to say that NDSU has hung on to Richman one year too long. No need to do anything until March now . . .

I think the timing of when to make a move is a big deal and NDSU really botched this one. The one extra year of DR has really hurt the program and this one year has set the program back multiple. We could really see something was wrong over the last couple of years. You would think that there would be some inside info on player exit interviews (if they do such a thing) that could have given Larson some light on the situation and be able to make a move at the right time. The "Well, he only has one year left" approach means you really didn't want him anyway.

We need a dynamic coach that's for sure. A whole new staff to evaluate and use the talent we have.
    It was probably penny pinching from not wanting to buy Richman out. NDSU runs it's basketball program on the cheap, just look at the schedule the last few years. Supposedly the new arena was supposed to change the awful non-conference home schedule but it may have actually gotten worse since the BSA days. This would've been a good year to break in a new coach with the ultra young roster. They also probably would've avoided wasting potential redshirt years on guys like Cook and Knotek with a coaching staff looking towards the future. I still think the talent is there to be a Summit League contender next year but they need the new coach to keep the team together.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hypothetically, who are some prospects and leading contenders for the job?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will say this. Sometimes we as fans overrate players and how much a coach can change things. I have been guilty of this as well at times. Although once in a while a coach changes everything such as what Sean McVay has done for the Rams. Another example is I don't think a new coach will help the Twolves at all because their top dogs are not that good. At least with College you can change things pretty quickly with a few good recruits. It will be interesting to see if Richman goes how much players improve. At this point Richman needs to go so that is kind of a given.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was probably penny pinching from not wanting to buy Richman out. NDSU runs it's basketball program on the cheap, just look at the schedule the last few years. Supposedly the new arena was supposed to change the awful non-conference home schedule but it may have actually gotten worse since the BSA days. This would've been a good year to break in a new coach with the ultra young roster. They also probably would've avoided wasting potential redshirt years on guys like Cook and Knotek with a coaching staff looking towards the future. I still think the talent is there to be a Summit League contender next year but they need the new coach to keep the team together.
    Yeah Im sure Knotek is really glad his redshirt was pulled!!

in no way am i saying this should or will happen, but what are y’all’s thoughts on “fire richman” chants during a home game? classless? justifiable given the situation?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonroom25 View Post
    in no way am i saying this should or will happen, but what are y’all’s thoughts on “fire richman” chants during a home game? classless? justifiable given the situation?
    I think Bison fans are a little more classier than this.

People will probably just quit going to games before that happens.
    College of Business Alumnus

Pretty classless I'd say. He's got a wife and 4 kids that are likely to be in the crowd and I think he's given it an honest effort, he's just not cut out to be a D1 head coach (at least not right now). If anyone wants a more respectful way to show their displeasure I think a thoughtful email to Matt Larsen would be a much better way to have your voice heard.