Page 16 of 365 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

I forgot we even if field teams..we still have women's don't we??

Are we searching for a new women's and men's head coach yet? The interest in Bison basketball has to be at a 50 year low. I feel bad for the players since this season is going nowhere with the current coaches. And then it will take years to build things back up assuming we get better coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Outta curiosity, are we so in need of a win that we resort to scheduling D3 schools now? I saw the game was on ESPN Game Plan then it stated Northland College was D3, so I quit watching after we got 6 points
    Where have you been since weve gone D1? We have 1-2 of these on the schedule every year for home games. Not including exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Are we searching for a new women's and men's head coach yet? The interest in Bison basketball has to be at a 50 year low. I feel bad for the players since this season is going nowhere with the current coaches. And then it will take years to build things back up assuming we get better coaches.
    I think the men's team has the potential to be a Summit League contender as early as next year with the right coaching. They've got a solid 6'10" big man in Kreuser, a freak athlete for the SL level in Deng, a good floor general in Shahid, a slasher (albeit an inconsistent one) in Ward, and shooters in Samuelson, Horn, and Hunter. Griesel, prior to his injury, and Cook are playing as true freshman and have held their own as well. Next year will bring another skilled big man in Noah Christenson into the fold along with hopefully a finally healthy 7' rim protector in Meidinger.

All of those guys are back next year so if a coaching staff can develop each of them into better players over the next year (a novel concept I know) I think this could be a pretty darn good Summit League team. Having said that it's most likely going to have to be a different coaching staff to get that necessary development out of the players because the current coaching staff has given me no confidence that they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the men's team has the potential to be a Summit League contender as early as next year with the right coaching. They've got a solid 6'10" big man in Kreuser, a freak athlete for the SL level in Deng, a good floor general in Shahid, a slasher (albeit an inconsistent one) in Ward, and shooters in Samuelson, Horn, and Hunter. Griesel, prior to his injury, and Cook are playing as true freshman and have held their own as well. Next year will bring another skilled big man in Noah Christenson into the fold along with hopefully a finally healthy 7' rim protector in Meidinger.

All of those guys are back next year so if a coaching staff can develop each of them into better players over the next year (a novel concept I know) I think this could be a pretty darn good Summit League team. Having said that it's most likely going to have to be a different coaching staff to get that necessary development out of the players because the current coaching staff has given me no confidence that they can do it.
    I agree with your post. This is a reason why I continue to try and believe we can be very good. But there is something holding us back. Hint Hint Mr. Matt Larsen
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This is the first year I have not watched a game in December. I just can't bring myself to turn it on and watch DR stand on the side line with a scowl on his face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Not sure when I'll see another Bison basketball game again.

Both coaching staffs need to go and the SHAC is crap.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    This is the first year I have not watched a game in December. I just can't bring myself to turn it on and watch DR stand on the side line with a scowl on his face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know and agree---you are being paid $200K to COACH this team---you should be smiling on the sideline for what you are being paid for the results you have provided

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I got a kick out of a recent podcast I listened to (exact one will remain nameless) when the "expert" said he'd be shocked if Dave is not extended......best belly laugh I'd had in a long time.
    LOL...if he was obviously going to be extended it would have happened by now.

Not at all shocked though, the Bison media in regards to basketball is either completely oblivious to what is going on or they don't want to say anything that rocks the boat that would make it tough to get access or upset who cuts their checks.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Dave is crazy like a fox with his player rotation and playing time. He has got a plan that none of us can see or understand. As for the game last night I did not bother to drive over from JAmestown for it. Really starting to think that this might be my last year for season tickets to men’s hoops. That pains me since I really enjoy basketball.
    There were about 20 people in our section. Made the drive by myself, but did other things prior or I would have stayed home. Halfway through the first we were reduced to talking about frisco and not really watching.
    I’m not sure I can justify spending money for this next year.
    The team did look like they were enjoying playing and they do seem to not have the same personal issues they had last year. At this point I don’t think changing coaches would impact the team one way or the other
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans