Page 111 of 368 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3671

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    From the Wikipedia:

Audit could tell you better than I ever could but it only counts win/loss not margin of victory. It also uses SOS for 75% of its calc
    So, wins don’t help? Participation ribbons do?

I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

RPI is a dated metric now anyway. The NCAA Tournament uses their NET rating now, along with the quadrant system, as their primary tools to assist with selecting the field and building the bracket. The NCAA released their first NET rating about this time last year. They haven't released one yet this year but I'd assume it's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    RPI is a dated metric now anyway. The NCAA Tournament uses their NET rating now, along with the quadrant system, as their primary tools to assist with selecting the field and building the bracket. The NCAA released their first NET rating about this time last year. They haven't released one yet this year but I'd assume it's coming soon.
    Does winning help in that one?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So, wins don’t help? Participation ribbons do?

I’m confused.

Wins help, but it’s only 25% of the equation. The other 75% is made up of opponents’ win percentage and opponents’ opponents’ win percentage.

The one time it was described to me is that it was essentially made so that the blue blood conferences would always have the highest RPI.

Does winning help in that one?

If you’re looking for a good metric where winning, margin of victory and strength of schedule all appear to be adequately taken into account (at least by my unqualified opinion), look at sagarin or Massey ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If you’re looking for a good metric where winning, margin of victory and strength of schedule all appear to be adequately taken into account (at least by my unqualified opinion), look at sagarin or Massey ratings.
    I’m old fashioned and am set in my ways that winning matters and takes care of the balance when it comes to metrics. In fact, winning may defy those metrics .... but I could be wrong.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

I’m old fashioned and am set in my ways that winning matters and takes care of the balance when it comes to metrics. In fact, winning may defy those metrics .... but I could be wrong.

Sagarin used to produce an ELO rating for basketball and football. ELO rating systems are used by the chess world because they need a ranking system using only win/loss/draw outcomes as there are no points in chess. You win and your points go up, you lose and your points go down. The amount of points up and down are based on the ratings of the two teams playing.

In theory you’re looking for an ELO rating of college basketball. The hard part is that since score isn’t taken into account I think it would take longer into the season to accurately correlate the teams.

what other team's fans think about NDSU basketball:

Indiana State Message Board:

NDSU is about as bad as we are defensively, which means they suck at it. We should be able to score on them without much resistance. They also don't score the ball very well, so...if we can't defend these guys then there may not be any hope for this season.

NDSU also plays at an absolute snails pace. Their AdjT is 311 out of 353 D-1 teams. RPI is 300+ .

Lastly, NDSU has played one of the easiest schedules in the entire country. Don't be fooled by their 5-3 record. They lost to Stony Brook and Utah Valley...2 very bad teams This is a game we should win by more than 10+
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

NDSU is about as bad as we are defensively, which means they suck at it. We should be able to score on them without much resistance. They also don't score the ball very well, so...if we can't defend these guys then there may not be any hope for this season.

NDSU also plays at an absolute snails pace. Their AdjT is 311 out of 353 D-1 teams. RPI is 300+ .

Lastly, NDSU has played one of the easiest schedules in the entire country. Don't be fooled by their 5-3 record. They lost to Stony Brook and Utah Valley...2 very bad teams This is a game we should win by more than 10+
    Can't argue with any of that. Thanks Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

The only thing I'd have a beef with on that scouting report is defense... I think from a team perspective defense and rebounding have been about the only bright spots for them so far this year. Of course maybe that's because they've played a bunch of bad offensive teams.