Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Transfer Portal - 2024

Seems like this topic is best served with its own thread! What's the latest?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Seems like this topic is best served with its own thread! What's the latest?
    Boden Skunberg - Grad Transfer - (https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...51526724297078)
    Lance Waddles - Portal Entry - March 18th (Fargo Forum posted)
    Sam Hastreiter - Portal Entry - March 18th (Fargo Forum posted)
    Josh Streit - Portal Entry - March 18th (Fargo Forum posted)

Rumored, but not confirmed by local media:
    Andrew Morgan - portal entry - March 18th (https://x.com/Bingham215/status/1769...162820880?s=20)

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As of right now, if we can retain the rest of the roster and then grab a little depth in the portal, I'd really like what we have coming back. Losing Morgs would hurt a lot but with Feddersen and the incoming freshman Anderson we could survive by adding another big in the portal. Should be an interesting next 30 days that's for sure.

Very curious to see how Richman and staff attack this portal, its not an area where they ever really invested a ton of stock in, and certainly seems like they will need to add couple pieces for next season that will provide immediate impact.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    As of right now, if we can retain the rest of the roster and then grab a little depth in the portal, I'd really like what we have coming back. Losing Morgs would hurt a lot but with Feddersen and the incoming freshman Anderson we could survive by adding another big in the portal. Should be an interesting next 30 days that's for sure.
    But if Morgan does leave I think fedderson is more then ready to be our go to big…. He has more upside then Morgan did as a sophmore
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Very curious to see how Richman and staff attack this portal, its not an area where they ever really invested a ton of stock in, and certainly seems like they will need to add couple pieces for next season that will provide immediate impact.
    So a group I'm in on X found a site that tracks portal contacts and interest, in typical Dave fashion NDSU has contacted 6 portal entrants so far 5 of which are non-D1 players and the 1 who was is from Cal Poly. I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is but would seem as usual Dave isn't trying to find D1 players from other schools and instead is trying to go the D2/D3/Juco route...so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    So a group I'm in on X found a site that tracks portal contacts and interest, in typical Dave fashion NDSU has contacted 6 portal entrants so far 5 of which are non-D1 players and the 1 who was is from Cal Poly. I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is but would seem as usual Dave isn't trying to find D1 players from other schools and instead is trying to go the D2/D3/Juco route...so frustrating.
    Not to surprising. And yes Frustrating...
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Well if he can't work the portal this year, we won't have any depth to speak of especially if Morgan truly leaves.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well if he can't work the portal this year, we won't have any depth to speak of especially if Morgan truly leaves.
    I have no doubt he'll find transfers to fill the gaps, my issue is he doesn't take chances on snagging some D1 kids that either went P6 and couldn't hack it or are even just leaving other mid major programs due to fit, he always just pulls from lower levels. Worked with Vinny, Jacari was a nice find and in my opinion worked with Burke even though he wouldn't play him which is a whole other issue. But he's had way more misses than hits going that route over the years.

I would like to see the wheel handed over to Luke Strege the asst coach. Like his demeanor with the players and always seems to be coaching up and instructing players. Instead of yelling or pouting on the sideline. Trust me I am old enough to where I respond to a coach in my face but most players do not today.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.