Page 42 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    NDSU hasn't run any more of a weave offense the entire year than SDSU. Despite what any Richman hater wants to think they are running halfcourt set plays and they are being executed by the guys. Richman is running a system very similar to Miles in which he is isolating players to make their own plays. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a very common offense in today's college basketball run by a lot of programs including SDSU and top 25 programs.
    Agreed. The coach and team haters just like to complain and bitch about things that aren't even true. The longer the banter goes on the more their posts look foolish.

NDSU hasn't run any more of a weave offense the entire year than SDSU. Despite what any Richman hater wants to think they are running halfcourt set plays and they are being executed by the guys. Richman is running a system very similar to Miles in which he is isolating players to make their own plays. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a very common offense in today's college basketball run by a lot of programs including SDSU and top 25 programs.
    Agreed. There's been way less weave lately and, like you said, other programs run it to change things up. I watch a lot of KU games and Self will throw the weave out there occasionally just to give the defense a different look. I will say, I was impressed how we came out against ORU's zone to start the game. We attacked it exactly the way you attack a zone....patience and get the ball to the soft spots/flashers for kickouts for open looks. We destroyed their zone and after the first timeout, ORU went man to man and we were ready for it and didn't miss a beat.

Flame away, but Richman has done a better job coaching these last few games. He's called an early timeout to get things settled, he's switched to a zone out of a timeout to give a different look, he's had our guys ready to play from the opening tip and he's allowing Vinnie some freedom with the offense. Yes, these should be things good coaches do, but we haven't seen this routinely. The guys are playing with some fire and are closing out games. They are playing like a TEAM that is having fun. There's still improvements to be made with his rotations, but this is a huge improvement over prior years where we peaked at the midway point of the conference season.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Agreed. The coach and team haters just like to complain and bitch about things that aren't even true. The longer the banter goes on the more their posts look foolish.
    During the last few years:
    1) Not competing for Summit Championships
    2) Decline in attendance
    3) Increase in player transfers
    4) Decrease in wins, increase in losses

Yep, nothing to complain about /purple/
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

This isn't Tim Miles's offense, his teams don't use 25 seconds of the shot clock most possessions and take a ton of garbage shots. This team is built to do what they did last night, and I guarantee that was the players doing not Richman calling the plays

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s time to shut up and show up support this team. The spirit of this team and the coaches have woken up. Now is not the time for all this negativity.

I've caught bits and pieces of the last few games and was pleasantly surprised to not see as much weave, more excitement and joy from the players, and a 1-3-1 (I think) zone...gasp!

Gue is obviously talented but he looks like someone who hasn't played much basketball at times, which is one of the reasons I'd like him to get more minutes.

I don't expect them to beat SDSU but you never know as SDSU isn't very deep.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    During the last few years:
    1) Not competing for Summit Championships
    2) Decline in attendance
    3) Increase in player transfers
    4) Decrease in wins, increase in losses

Yep, nothing to complain about /purple/
    Did you jump off the football bandwagon as well during Rocky's final years?

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    This isn't Tim Miles's offense, his teams don't use 25 seconds of the shot clock most possessions and take a ton of garbage shots. This team is built to do what they did last night, and I guarantee that was the players doing not Richman calling the plays
    This guy.

Yet someone else who either isn't really watching the games, or doesn't know anything about college basketball.

I'm not a Richman fan at all, but:
    1 - the offense this year has been NOTHING like in seasons past when people are complaining about garbage shots every possession and weave basketball.
    2 - I will skip Miles, and look at someone like Jay Wright at Villanova, who is highly regarded as the best X's and O's coach in the game. You don't have to watch more than a half to see how many garbage shots his team has put up this year and know their kids F up sometimes too. They are a top 25 team and not even as inexperienced as NDSU.
    3 - It doesn't take much of a genius to watch the landscape of college basketball over the course of a weekend, and see every single team putting up garbage shots every single game, and at least 1 every 4 minute TO span. It doesn't mean college basketball, or a team or a coach is bad. It means it's part of the game, especially when you are dealing with teenyboppers and skill level of all sorts on every team.

This guy.

Yet someone else who either isn't really watching the games, or doesn't know anything about college basketball.

I'm not a Richman fan at all, but:
    1 - the offense this year has been NOTHING like in seasons past when people are complaining about garbage shots every possession and weave basketball.
    2 - I will skip Miles, and look at someone like Jay Wright at Villanova, who is highly regarded as the best X's and O's coach in the game. You don't have to watch more than a half to see how many garbage shots his team has put up this year and know their kids F up sometimes too. They are a top 25 team and not even as inexperienced as NDSU.
    3 - It doesn't take much of a genius to watch the landscape of college basketball over the course of a weekend, and see every single team putting up garbage shots every single game, and at least 1 every 4 minute TO span. It doesn't mean college basketball, or a team or a coach is bad. It means it's part of the game, especially when you are dealing with teenyboppers and skill level of all sorts on every team.

This roster is made to run a downhill offense, and they've been successful the stretches of games that they do that. I agree that we've seen a lot less of the weave which is a step in the right direction. My point about garbage shots is that the players are forced to take them to the current offensive system. If you can call Richman's coaching a system. If they were able to play the way they want offensively the garbage shots would drop dramatically. I understand every good team has some of those per game.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did you jump off the football bandwagon as well during Rocky's final years?
    I certainly wasn’t celebrating when UND seemed to figure us out.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.